Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2018, 01:32 AM

183 posts, read 103,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I think those of you who can't support any type of a compromise are a bunch of nihilistic, politically immature brats.
Compromise? You mean so we can have one party democrat rule like in california and so many places, this is demographic suicide for the republican party.

This is utter compromise and defeat by a republican party that has the most strength it has had in 100 years , a total sell out of trumps base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 04:52 AM

3,839 posts, read 1,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

Besides, what one Congress and/or President orders to be built, another Congress/President can order to not be built.
This is my concern, congress approves money for the wall in exchange for amnesty for 1.8 million illegals and then it never gets built or border security measures aren't enforced. It would be a disaster for this country.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
I am surprised how easily Trump caved in to Dems pressure. Outsmarted?

Old 01-26-2018, 05:10 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
In exchange for 25 Billion in a trust fun for the wall.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...aking-news-bar
*shrug* Pretty stupid to throw 25 billion into a "wall" that will do absolutely nothing to improve our security. But we've done stupider things as a nation. The amazing thing is that the Cult will support this idea; even though Trump assured us all time and time again that Mexico would pay for it.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:20 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am surprised how easily Trump caved in to Dems pressure. Outsmarted?
Mwhaha! You're kidding right? First, nothing is done yet. Second, do you understand negotiation? Trump, like myself and most people believe these DACA people should be given a path to citizenship, and he he has always thought that. In negotiation, one begins with an extreme position and then come to the middle. If we get border security and an end to chain migration, I'm satisfied.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:23 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Democrats want to remove the chain migration from this as that will not add their beloved votes so this bill and DACA will be killed by liberals who are so called in the side of illegals.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:48 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Reagan, I think, had at least two major acts that gave Amnesty to millions. He basically opened up the door and said "come in" or "stay if you are here".

But Trump voters and facts are not two things which should be mentioned in the same sentence. The only question is whether you are a Trump voter. If so, then 90% of you support anything and everything he does. That is the nature of authoritarianism and lack of political education (history, etc.).
Trump will never be the dictator of America stop worrying. Even his own inner circle would not allow him to fire Mueller. We have two other branches of government that will keep him from doing anything unconstitutional.

I voted Libertarian and would have supported 90% of the platform if enacted. Obama voters give or take supported 90% of what Obama did.

So your point is Trump voters are partisan and see everything through Trump colored glasses?

I do agree that a lot of what Trump does is way out there but the partisanship of his faithful is not far from what is typical.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:55 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Americans have been compromising for long enough. Time for all illegals to leave.
A vast majority of them will not leave so then what?

Its your sort of mindset that will lead to nothing being done about this. Like some have summarized Trump will probably sign some sort of EO extension for dreamers for another year or six months and the can will be kicked once again down the road. And at some point in the future the balance of power will shift and the Dems will control the white house and congress all the illegals will be citizens with a border where no wall was ever built because neither side ever compromised.

This my way or the highway approach won't get it done.

Old 01-26-2018, 06:18 AM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
*shrug* Pretty stupid to throw 25 billion into a "wall" that will do absolutely nothing to improve our security. But we've done stupider things as a nation. The amazing thing is that the Cult will support this idea; even though Trump assured us all time and time again that Mexico would pay for it.
Yep. Like spending $100 billion+ per year on criminal aliens.

Old 01-26-2018, 06:29 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
I have a quick and simple question. Our president said that Mexico would pay for the wall. Yet Congress (on Donald Trump's behalf) is seeking a full $25,000,000,000 in US taxpayer dollars to fund it.

Both the president of Mexico and the economy minister of Mexico have said that Mexico will "never" pay for the wall.

Am I missing something here? And I ask that not to be confrontational, it truly does not make sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies