Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2018, 08:41 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Dem Party has gone insane. Their new position is that it's immoral to restrict any kind of immigration, from any country, in any amount, for any reason. Even enforcing our existing laws, the ones they voted for & passed in Congress, is tantamount to a hate crime. This is our country, not anyone elses, we should have the right to say no, we do not need more poor people, we do not need people from questionable dysfunctional countries. When we accepted all these migrants during the industrial age we had plenty of working class jobs, we made sure that the people would assimilate, we didn't have any welfare programs. Bringing people in from Somalia, makes absolutely no sense.
Serious case of you misunderstanding what you are reading.

Democrats and others (some Republicans too -- oh my) do believe it is inappropriate to target someone for their religion or race.

That does not equate to the new position that it is immoral to restrict any kind of immigration....etc.....

There is no logical path to that conclusion.

There is an emotionally charged, triggered rant but no logical path to your conclusion.

You are entitled to your emotional opinion. Can't deny that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 08:44 PM

17,983 posts, read 27,442,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
In exchange for 25 Billion in a trust fun for the wall.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...aking-news-bar
The Democrats don't want the wall, duh, and they don't want DACA because that's what they want to run on in 2018.

Crack-smoking idiots.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:47 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Serious case of you misunderstanding what you are reading.

Democrats and others (some Republicans too -- oh my) do believe it is inappropriate to target someone for their religion or race.

That does not equate to the new position that it is immoral to restrict any kind of immigration....etc.....

There is no logical path to that conclusion.

There is an emotionally charged, triggered rant but no logical path to your conclusion.

You are entitled to your emotional opinion. Can't deny that.
That's a laugh. Besides the debate is about American citizen and illegal aliens and immigration.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:50 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The Democrats don't want the wall, duh, and they don't want DACA because that's what they want to run on in 2018.

Crack-smoking idiots.
I don't know. Once Democrats get DACA, they'll proffer expanding DACA to every 5th cousin of DACA abroad and the legalization of every other illegal in the US 12-30 million.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:10 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Apparently you haven't been listening to the leaders of the Democratic party.
They have gone way off the rails on immigration and that's pretty obvious. Pelosi today referred to a plan to secure the border and legalize upwards of 2 million illegals a "White supremacist" "Make America white again" plan.
Pelosi is suffering from dementia but no one is proposing what was claimed.

Old 01-27-2018, 07:39 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Its a pipe dream. I agree in a perfect world or at least perfect America it would be great to get all illegals out. But you have to be a simpleton to think it can actually be pulled off without causing more pain that its worth.

Get the wall paid for. Give the DACA kids a break and root out the illegals that are here. That is doable. What you want won't happen and we will be back at square one like we have been for 30 years.

What pain for Americans would occur by mandating e-verify, building the wall and deporting illegal aliens as they make themselves known? I don't know what other plan of mine you are talking about that you disagree with.

Legalizing the DACAs is what would cause this country pain. There are between 800,000 to 3 million or more here and they'd be in direct competition for jobs and resources against Americans. They are also of the child bearing age so you can at least double the number of people added to our population growth permanently. They are also demanding that their parents be allowed to remain here. If that happens guess how many more will be added to our population growth permanently? No, they need to return to their homelands along with their parents and apply to come back legally and within our annual quotas for legal immigration.

Old 01-27-2018, 07:44 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
E-verify is good. But I know first hand accounts of lots of illegals working under the table for cash all over the country. They are working for large chains and smaller businesses. Even at places that have e-verify. And they don't even need a fake id. You are assuming everyone is paid on the books but that not at all the reality.

I have never claimed or made such an assumption. I am well aware that many illegals are working off the books. Mandating e-verify in every workplace with stiff fines for non-compliance would still go a long ways in discouraging employers from hiring illegal aliens, period! What's your solution? Just throw in the towel and do nothing? Of course it won't end the greedy hiring practices altogether but the point is to stop as much as we can. Same thing goes for the wall. It won't stop illegal aliens altogether from entering but it will go a long ways in deterring a lot of them.

Old 01-27-2018, 07:54 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,054,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Funny how Trump calls it a "path to citizenship." It's an amnesty. Why beat around the bush?
I agree. But you know whats more funny? The Dems are already shooting it down even though it is amnesty. How does that make the dreamers feel?

I thought the Dems were for the dreamers?

Old 01-27-2018, 08:36 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Breaking: trump Offers Path to Citizenship to 1.8 Million Undocumented Aliens
Its amazing how easily Trump caved. Even Schumer must have been surprised by how easily he won.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:48 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,083,977 times
Thank goodness we have 3 branches of our government, Trump only constitutes one branch.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.bdb06883d0b8

But, since it a deal that Dems have already shot down, https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.bdb06883d0b8

Per that link ^^^:

"But in a sign of how fraught the prospects for an immigration deal remain, the proposal was met with disdain from House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), as well as members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus."

And that "citizenship" could take up to 12 years, which the Dems need votes before that for darn sure! Plus the $25 billion for securing the border, and terminating the ability of US citizens to petition for permanent legal residency green cards for parents and siblings, limiting family visas to spouses and minor children. So jumping up and down about this will only waste one's energy. They are still VERY, VERY far from any deal and the clock on DACA is going tick, tick, tick........

It appears that the Dems really don't care about those under the DACA program at all, unless it is a means to continue to the flow of future voters, and I have yet to see a plan suggested that would that. Gee, between the Schumer shutdown and Dems opposing a deal like this that even some Republicans don't want (me included), well, bring on the mid-terms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies