Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2018, 04:29 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Personally, I don't care what it costs. 25 billion is a bargain considering we spend more than that yearly on housing, feeding, educating and providing free health care for millions of illegals.
You do realize that we'll still pay that, and more, when they become legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 04:31 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,339,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Truth is, the wall will never be built. There remain several lawsuits over the LAST wall expansion. trump's wall will impact many many private landowners.
Everyone except Trump's cult understands this. When Trump makes this deal and 1.8 million plus undocumented immigrants get amnesty and no wall gets built they will explode. The $25 billion may be spent on border security, mostly tech based but a physical wall was always vaporware. I still can't believe how many rubes fell for Trump's con. The lawsuits alone would take decades to work their way through the courts.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:31 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
In exchange for 25 Billion in a trust fun for the wall.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...aking-news-bar
In 10 to 12 years they can become citizens.. The path is to take the legal route like everyone else. It will take that long.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:32 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Quote:
In exchange for 25 Billion in a trust fun for the wall.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...aking-news-bar
Its not Monday. It may or will change by then, if it comes out at all.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Not true. Obama was basically turning people around at the border and counting them as deporting illegals.
They actually never "turn people around" at the border. They are taken into custody.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
If Trump offers them amnesty..why the hell would they vote democrat? What have the dems done for them other than offering empty promises?

The DNC should be scared..they are going to lose their largest voting base to President Trump.
They wont vote for anyone for 10 years. The 'path' to citizenship is not a rubber stamp process.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:37 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,906,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They actually never "turn people around" at the border. They are taken into custody.
I belonged to a golf club on the border (Turquoise Valley) in Naco, AZ. We played daily and saw UDAs cross at the 13th hole. Sometimes a BP copter would see them. The copter would hover over them and they'd turn around and the copter would stay over them until they saw them return to MX.

This was 2003 thru 2007, GW Bush admin.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:39 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You do realize that we'll still pay that, and more, when they become legal.
I'm not talking about illegals already here. I'm talking about people that are still coming over the border illegally every day of every year.
The vast majority of illegals here are not DACA so I don't know how you're coming to your conclusion about them becoming legal. Nothing is happening making illegals in general citizens. Where did you get that? The current deal being proposed is only about DACA recipients, not illegals in general.
Most DACA people are not in the closet working secretly somewhere. They already pay taxes or are going to school.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:41 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times
Trump is not Dumb. He is the king of negotiating . He is offering this purposely to trap democrats and their illegal base. If democrats turn this deal down, they will look bad to their illegal base.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:41 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,906,179 times
Quote:
I'm not talking about illegals already here. I'm talking about people that are still coming over the border illegally every day of every year.
The vast majority of illegals here are not DACA so I don't know how you're coming to your conclusion about them becoming legal. Nothing is happening making illegals in general citizens. Where did you get that? The current deal being proposed is only about DACA recipients, not illegals in general.
Most DACA people are not in the closet working secretly somewhere. They already pay taxes or are going to school.
Not many MXNs crossing these days; economy is pretty good here. And MX Gov. is stopping many GTA's at the MX southern border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies