Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 09:54 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Do tell... What is about to happen to Trump? Is that a threat?
Yes it's a threat alright but a legal threat. We call it a "vote". That's how us sane people dispose of unwanted leaders like Trump. We vote them out of office and/or vote other people into office for the purpose of curtailing said leader's power until we can vote the guy out. Sounds complicated I know but trust me it's not.

Don't fret, you'll have a front row seat to the process starting in November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 09:55 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
In America, you give them what they want, so they shut up.

It is funny how a mom can tune out their screaming kid(because it is old news been there done that) in the isles of a toy store, because he didn't get the toy he wanted. Mom is going about her way not paying a bit of attention and the kid is throwing a fit. Mom has tuned him out and he gets louder.

So, mom is teaching him a lesson in life. While everyone around wants and is telling the mom to give him the toy, to shut him up.

In the old days, the kid would have got something to cry about by mom, for the world to see.
I'm as liberal as the day is long and my kids were never allowed to scream like that. And I didn't give them whatever they wanted, either.

Poor parenting isn't a partisan issue.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:26 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Well of course not! What did PT Barnum say?
There's plenty of undereducated, ignorant sheeple who don't have the common sense God gave lettuce, right there in America. There's clearly no want or need for an educated, intelligent expat with the ability to reason and think for himself, to dilute the cesspool of trumpdom. Or is it trump-dumb? Hmmmmmm
There it is... the sheep calling other sheep sheep.

If a person votes for a candidate simply because they have a letter they are the sheep.

The uber-left still wish Clinton was the president. An astonishing wish considering we would have more regulations, no tax reform, zero immigration reform with more EO deferrals, and more wars.

It's painfully obvious that progressives are truly regressive. It's hard to take someone seriously when they claim the right are a cesspool while standing knee deep in your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Yes it's a threat alright but a legal threat. We call it a "vote". That's how us sane people dispose of unwanted leaders like Trump. We vote them out of office and/or vote other people into office for the purpose of curtailing said leader's power until we can vote the guy out. Sounds complicated I know but trust me it's not.

Don't fret, you'll have a front row seat to the process starting in November.
Good luck with that. The House of Cards that was built over the last 30 years is falling apart. Trump was voted in for the very reasons and through the same process you refer to above, yet the left and you have deemed it illegitimate. How did discounting and calling 65M people "deplorable" work out for you guys?

Keep in mind the tax cuts haven't even kicked in yet and his overall approval is climbing, especially on the economy.

I was never a cheerleader for the guy, but the way the left has acted for more than 16 months is so creepy that I could never take any candidate they choose seriously. Now we have Kerry resurrecting himself? OMG! 2020 is shaping up to become the year of the wildcards for the left. Maybe Clinton can run again if she isn't in prison.

I always joked about them being like the Borg, but now it has manifested itself to be true.

Last edited by steven_h; 01-26-2018 at 10:37 AM..

Old 01-26-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Good luck with that. The House of Cards that was built over the last 30 years is falling apart. Trump was voted in for the very reasons and through the same process you refer to above, yet the left and you have deemed it illegitimate. How did discounting and calling 65M people "deplorable" work out for you guys?

Keep in mind the tax cuts haven't even kicked in yet and his overall approval is climbing, especially on the economy.

I was never a cheerleader for the guy, but the way the left has acted for more than 16 months is so creepy that I could never take any candidate they choose seriously. Now we have Kerry resurrecting himself? OMG! 2020 is shaping up to become the year of the wildcards for the left. Maybe Clinton can run again if she isn't in prison.

I always joked about them being like the Borg, but now it has manifested itself to be true.
It's good that you take comfort in these things, steven. If that's what it'll take for you to get through the next couple of years then so be it. I would never seek to deprive a person of the safe spaces they create for themselves to avoid thinking of the unpleasantries that are about to befall them. Going to be a tough two years for you.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:48 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
No he's more than likely trying to make some sort of weird political statement. Rambling, disjointed blather seems to be all the rage amongst the Trumplings these days. Their leader is having some...... let's just say....."difficulties" lately and they're not too happy about it. Their goal is to divert attention away from the disaster that's unfolding in the White House.

On the outside they extol their leader to no end but on the inside they're dying. Yup dying just a little bit more every day.
The more they are backed into a corner, the crazier and more disjointed the posts, because it becomes harder and harder to have any kind of coherent argument for why they continue to support Trump. It's all you have left when you are forced into a position like that.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:40 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
It's good that you take comfort in these things, steven. If that's what it'll take for you to get through the next couple of years then so be it. I would never seek to deprive a person of the safe spaces they create for themselves to avoid thinking of the unpleasantries that are about to befall them. Going to be a tough two years for you.
There you go again, trying to turn an argument on itself without actually coming up with a rational argument. I don't require a safe space, I'm not even sure how you made that leap.

Try using those critical thinking skills you were blessed with at birth rather than regurgitating canned responses and daily memes handed out to parrot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
The more they are backed into a corner, the crazier and more disjointed the posts, because it becomes harder and harder to have any kind of coherent argument for why they continue to support Trump. It's all you have left when you are forced into a position like that.
I guess you don't get out much. It's becoming easier and easier for them and now many of us that never supported him in the first place.

Just because you ignore what's actually happening doesn't mean the majority are as well. The average corporate worker and Mom and Pop small business (who don't have much free time for forum banter) they are jumping for joy over what's happening. "It's the economy stupid" applies.

I don't believe for a minute that the fringe extremists are going to get what they want. Even with all the rhetoric from the left, they are still coming back to the table and most likely giving Trump 3 of the 4 things he wants, and a partial on the fourth.

This is what is driving the progressives insane! I'm stoked for that!!

Last edited by steven_h; 01-26-2018 at 11:48 AM..

Old 01-26-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
There you go again, trying to turn an argument on itself without actually coming up with a rational argument. I don't require a safe space, I'm not even sure how you made that leap.

Try using those critical thinking skills you were blessed with at birth rather than regurgitating canned responses and daily memes handed out to parrot.
Nope not a canned response, steven. I stand by what I said.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:24 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
In America, you give them what they want, so they shut up.

It is funny how a mom can tune out their screaming kid(because it is old news been there done that) in the isles of a toy store, because he didn't get the toy he wanted. Mom is going about her way not paying a bit of attention and the kid is throwing a fit. Mom has tuned him out and he gets louder.

So, mom is teaching him a lesson in life. While everyone around wants and is telling the mom to give him the toy, to shut him up.

In the old days, the kid would have got something to cry about by mom, for the world to see.
Oh, don't you worry, I still see people beating their kids in public once in a while. They're almost always trailer trash types, who don't seem to be the most well-adjusted sorts themselves.

Small wonder if those kids grow up thinking that raging out is the way to get their way - in politics as well as in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies