Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 09:09 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I believe there will be some funding going to the wall, I don't think we need it but that will be the compromise. I saw some other issues with the wall where they needed to do use eminent domain and will impact the Santa Ana Wildlife Refugee and Big Bend and others.

The wall will be a monument to a failed policy.
^^^^^ This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Personally I don’t think most democrats want to solve the problem. Obama had both houses at the beginning of his presidency, and he didn’t solve the immigration problem. Why is that?

If we make the immigration problem a thing of the past, you remove the identity politics from the Hispanic community. I think that scares the hell out of the democrats.

If you completely remove the identity politics from the equation, a lot of Hispanics might discover that they agree with republican policies, especially when it comes to small businesses.
Oh please. Bush didn't solve the problem; Clinton didn't solve the problem. NO ONE has solved the problem and it isn't just democrats. Start making Republican employers use e verify and the problem will be SOLVED.

IF you 'completely remove identity politics from the equation" ~ what will Donald Trump run on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 09:12 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Democrats used to be much closer to republicans on this issue. Just look at Bill Clinton’s statements about illegal aliens. Hell, he even called them “illegal aliens” at the time. Even Obama in his earlier years made stronger statements about stopping illegals.

It makes you wonder what happened between then and now.
Not hard to figure out.

Democrats saw Obama's skin color as an opportunity to ramp up weaponizing identity politics to previously unseen levels of ridiculousness.

But they got so addicted to it that now they're basically a one trick pony dancing toa broken record.

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
^^^^^ This.

Oh please. Bush didn't solve the problem; Clinton didn't solve the problem. NO ONE has solved the problem and it isn't just democrats. Start making Republican employers use e verify and the problem will be SOLVED.

IF you 'completely remove identity politics from the equation" ~ what will Donald Trump run on?
He learned well from being a democrat for all those years.

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Health care is NOT in the Constitution.

Immigration IS.
Just because something is not in the Constitution does not mean we can not do it. The Constitution states what the government can't do and health care is not in there.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:16 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Manchin is trying to cover up his massive mistake of voting against the tax bill. West Virginia voters support the wall so he's in a tough spot. Manchin will always vote with democrats if he's told to.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:21 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I believe we need a strong immigration policy, but the wall is pure folly. It will never see completion of funded and what will be built will be utterly useless.

No, I disagree. We need the wall. A lot of Mexicans are not getting enough exercise, scaling it would be very good for their health. Otherwise, yeah, it is a joke.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:23 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
He learned well from being a democrat for all those years.
And yet ~ he really only focused on 'identity politics' when he ran as a Republican. He knows what gets the R voters out. Kick them brown folks out of the country. They are rapists and murders.

And ya'll LOVED it.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:26 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Just because something is not in the Constitution does not mean we can not do it. The Constitution states what the government can't do and health care is not in there.
True, however it does place strict limits on the type of healthcare legislation that can be passed and the actions taken go pass it.

Democrats problem with Obamacare was that they were so desperate to pass SOMETHING.... that they passed a piece of crap that really shouldn't have stood up to Constitutional muster.

Just because it's not specifically in the Constitution doesn't mean you can enact any legislation you want, any way you want.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:31 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
True, however it does place strict limits on the type of healthcare legislation that can be passed and the actions taken go pass it.

Democrats problem with Obamacare was that they were so desperate to pass SOMETHING.... that they passed a piece of crap that really shouldn't have stood up to Constitutional muster.
I am in no way shape or form, nor have I ever defended Obamacare.

Quote:
Just because it's not specifically in the Constitution doesn't mean you can enact any legislation you want, any way you want.
I do not disagree. I in no way supported the idea of the government forcing you to purchase something from a private company, especially for profit.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:46 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And yet ~ he really only focused on 'identity politics' when he ran as a Republican. He knows what gets the R voters out. Kick them brown folks out of the country. They are rapists and murders.

And ya'll LOVED it.
There was a time that I might have been offended by such a ridiculous statement, but you guys overplayed that card a long time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies