Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 09:51 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
You Trump voters gave Trump the credit when Carrier stayed in the U.S partially. But when Carrier changes their mind you wonder how it's Trump fault.

trump (or any potus) can make the government (ie regulations) easier or harder for companies..... for which if he makes it easier, he (any potus) should get the credit for making it easier for companies to survive.

but it is not his fault when companies have to make tough decisions that may or may not effect employees in ANY country

but the fascist liberals will blame everything on trump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 09:53 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
trump (or any potus) can make the government (ie regulations) easier or harder for companies..... for which if he makes it easier, he (any potus) should get the credit for making it easier for companies to survive.

but the fascist liberals will blame everything on trump

Sort of like the right did with Obama. Got it!

Old 01-27-2018, 09:55 PM

183 posts, read 103,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Workers Organizing under Capitalism is evil.
Corporations uniting under slave labor trade pacts and crushing worker unions is saintly.

Got it!
This guy and his union supported bill and hillary. Bill clinton signed into law nafta, you wonder why you hear a giant sucking sound of jobs heading to mexico when corporations can pay workers 2-3 dollar an hour?

Old 01-27-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Sort of like the right did with Obama. Got it!
your in the ballpark, but still in the parking lot

Obama made policy that hurt business and people...he should get the blame

it was stupid obozo that said "you didn't make that"

Old 01-27-2018, 10:02 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
your in the ballpark, but still in the parking lot

Obama made policy that hurt business and people...he should get the blame

it was stupid obozo that said "you didn't make that"

Please, the two parties go back and forth blaming each other for anything then can.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Please, the two parties go back and forth blaming each other for anything then can.
correct, both do

Old 01-27-2018, 10:13 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,661,720 times
While Trump takes credit for keeping jobs that ended up leaving, and Trump-haters blame Trump for the jobs leaving, 1,000 Hoosier workers are out of a job.

This is, as Trump would say, "SAD!"

It really is.

I'm really sad that so many people in my community are out of a job. I'm sad that a lot of those people were probably the primary bread-winner in their family, and many probably have kids.

Spin it any way you want, but the reality is that there are a lot of hard-working families in bad shape tonight because Carrier decided it made more economic sense to move that production to another country.

That's capitalism, I guess. Walmart, Apple, and others have led the way for years, and continue to prosper, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

It's just really unfortunate all around.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:24 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Trump said he was going to save these jobs. He didn't. He lied. So, yes, in this situation Trump gets called out on his lie and blamed. If he hadn't opened his mouth and told the public something that he knew full well he couldn't do then I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

The Indiana jobs (1,069 of them) aren't going anywhere.

Carrier layoffs show how hard it is to keep jobs in the US

Old 01-27-2018, 10:30 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
sorry, I don't watch Yahoo for news, but you enjoy!
Then, why are you talking trash?

Old 01-27-2018, 10:30 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,661,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The Indiana jobs (1,069 of them) aren't going anywhere.

Carrier layoffs show how hard it is to keep jobs in the US
Yes, a lot of them are going somewhere.

Most of the jobs that are staying are engineering jobs, and that does nothing to help the blue collar workers who are now out of a job and have little chance of finding something equal to their job with Carrier.

I know a lot of you want to stick up for Trump, and I guess that's fine, but I live in Indianapolis, and lots of good people are out of a job now, including many who believed Trump and Pence would save their jobs.

Hundreds of American workers just lost their manufacturing jobs, during the Trump administration, to a foreign country.

Now, for the record, I am not blaming Trump for the job losses. This is just part of living in a capitalist country. I just don't like the fact that he touted keeping the jobs here via his great negotiation skills, when many of the jobs are leaving anyway (while the company will likely keep the incentive money).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies