Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2018, 07:09 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Those darned regulations that prevent companies from selling dangerous products to the public are gone! #MAGA!
yeah, or like those evil regulations that prevent companies from selling detective products at twice the cost!! Ohhh if I want lead in my toys and water I should have that choice!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Yeah, because we all know businesses love to kill their customers but are stopped by the mighty Obummer..does that sound about right?
no most businesses are not like an evil cartoon character, however you can't tell me that if a company was able to cut corners they wouldn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Dropping the overburden of the massive regulations, did more than the tax cuts.
Regulations are a bridle on productivity and meeting timelines. Waiting on government.

From the time the people say we need a road, it takes 15-20 years before breaking ground, especially in California. Trump has it down to one year, to speed up the much needed infrastructure.
If your a company who can't make it in the world do to regulations than you shouldn't be in business
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 07:49 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Exactly-- I don't blame or credit Trump for most of the economic activity in 2017.

I will reserve judgement with this new tax bill (the only real piece of legislation passed).

We have had 96 months of positive job growth.....2017 using your numbers of 2.06 million means we were down from 2016 (I thought they were roughly the same).....could be things are slowing.
At Davos he touted that he had created 2.4 million jobs in the 14 months since he took office but failed to mention that during the 14 months prior to his election 2.8 million jobs were created. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/26/u...act-check.html

I wish that he didn't always have to engage in this one upsmanship it makes him look foolish and it's not necessary, the economy is good and that should be enough of a talking point. But it's a large mature economy and I think that after what? 88 or 89 straight months of job growth, it's normal that there should be some slowing. And if I were Trump I would be careful in bragging about the stock market, it looks really bubbly to me.

Old 01-29-2018, 07:54 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL, what is this the weekly "Trump is gaining support" While the reality is its the opposite?

Oh look its opposite day!
Since you get your news from music video awards, you may be lacking in awareness. Leftists seem to think they are in a position of influence.

President Trump is kicking-*****!

State of the Union up next. Stay tuned!

Old 01-29-2018, 07:55 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
yeah, or like those evil regulations that prevent companies from selling detective products at twice the cost!! Ohhh if I want lead in my toys and water I should have that choice!!!

no most businesses are not like an evil cartoon character, however you can't tell me that if a company was able to cut corners they wouldn't?

If your a company who can't make it in the world do to regulations than you shouldn't be in business
From someone that isn't in business for themselves!

Old 01-29-2018, 07:56 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
Also, under Trump, our military has radically reduced ISIS and their Caliphate.
Trump told our generals to just do it! And then, unlike Obama, he got out of their way.....

Old 01-29-2018, 07:58 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,895,961 times
Will Trump have learned to read from a Teleprompter without sounding and looking robotic and pronounce words and sentences in clear coherent English?

Its a tall order, we know. Make Trump University graduates everywhere proud, Mr. Trump.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:02 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
At Davos he touted that he had created 2.4 million jobs in the 14 months since he took office but failed to mention that during the 14 months prior to his election 2.8 million jobs were created. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/26/u...act-check.html

I wish that he didn't always have to engage in this one upsmanship it makes him look foolish and it's not necessary, the economy is good and that should be enough of a talking point. But it's a large mature economy and I think that after what? 88 or 89 straight months of job growth, it's normal that there should be some slowing. And if I were Trump I would be careful in bragging about the stock market, it looks really bubbly to me.
As someone that detests Trump and his supporters, the one positive about Trump taking credit for everything short of oxygen, he can't blame anyone else. Something always happens.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:02 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Also, under Trump, our military has radically reduced ISIS and their Caliphate.
Trump told our generals to just do it! And then, unlike Obama, he got out of their way.....

I love posts like this. Let's me know who has no interest in facts.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:15 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I think Trump can take some credit for the stock market. All his promises of deregulation has somewhat created a stock bubble. The actual economy though, GDP (the best indicator) has remained steady or even slowed a little compared with the last year of Obama.

What quarter did Obama take credit for a GDP over 3%
Estimates are, 4%-5% by the 2018 mid terms.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:18 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What quarter did Obama take credit for a GDP over 3%
Estimates are, 4%-5% by the 2018 mid terms.
5% Source?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies