Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2018, 06:44 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
YMMV and I could be wrong, but I doubt most adult burger flippers are doing it by choice.
That's nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 06:44 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No link...got it...

Never said a bonus was a raise. Why do you keep saying that? Why are you trying to change the discussion to fit you non existent point?
Here ya go:

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...onuses-n836801

http://www.newsweek.com/comcast-fire...s-trump-758391

AT&T Announces Thousands of Layoffs, Firings Just in Time for Christmas

Old 01-30-2018, 06:46 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
All cities I have lived in have sufficient rental stock. Always have vacancies.

The results found that 88 percent of voters agreed that policymakers in California should take steps to, "expand development of affordable housing" including 62 percent who strongly agreed—representing the highest mark of any policy issues assessed on the survey.

Affordable Housing Crisis Receiving New Attention - DSNews

Old 01-30-2018, 07:08 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Bull, the rich get a tax cut plus extras, the poor and middle class will continue to get stagnate wages and temporary relief which is what we always get remember the $200 dollar check we got from bush jr.? Didnt help me when the economy crashed and I lost my job

For me this will be added to the raise I got after Trump became President as opposed to the 114% insurance premium increase ( a substantial pay cut) and no raise that I got the whole time Obama was there.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:13 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
Obviously, Democrats will sending their extra crumbs to support Sanctuary Cities, yes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Oh, no. They're going to use it to buy heath insurance plans for the poor, remember?
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nope. Sorry, but you’ve gotta buy your own health insurance.

As it should be and should have stayed. Dems thought otherwise remember?

neko_mimi probably thought your hearts were really in it I suppose.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:34 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Anyone who approaches their budget in an intelligent manner should have either a negligible refund (under $500) or be left with a slight bit that they owe (again under $500). If you're looking forward to a big refund, congratulations on loaning your money to the government - interest free, of course.
It depends. I look at it like this, the more I pay upfront, the more I get back after deductions and credits. What is wrong with that? Anyone not looking to maximize deductions and credits are just plain idiots. That isn't loaning money to the government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
If I don't get around 3 grand next year back after filing taxes then......
Well it depends how you make off this coming year and how much you got under the old system already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
They are awesome. I prefer it this way, check by check, to one time rebate method of past, as weekly or biweekly is more likely to result in being spent in the productive, private sector. One offs are mostly saved.
Do you have proof? I always thought that people actually use taxes for trips and new cars...

Old 01-30-2018, 08:49 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It's money in their pocket, yes?

What companies closed after giving bonuses? Provide a link....

Yes, the dead horse is the left saying and agreeing with a millionaire, that 1k i crumbs and pretending that it's not happening because of the tax cut.

Also remember, Armageddon was supposed to happen because of these tax cuts......

Now, why did you completely forget to respond to my question(s) about your leftist buddy freemkt?
Well, it's only been a month. Let us know how things are in 5 years when the tax rates skew back to where they were, and in ten years when they expire for citizens, but not for corporations. Oh, let us know where the debt stands as compared to pre-tax cut days as well.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:55 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Well, it's only been a month. Let us know how things are in 5 years when the tax rates skew back to where they were, and in ten years when they expire for citizens, but not for corporations. Oh, let us know where the debt stands as compared to pre-tax cut days as well.
Tax hikes will not happen.

We recall all the hype we heard from BO that those Bush cuts had to end, then he extended them, then made them permanent.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:17 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
South Carolina's income tax liability to rise thanks to new federal law

https://www.postandcourier.com/busin...0f4ee6372.html

All kinds of stuff creeping in on our gains.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:19 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,032 times
Got my pension check today. Up $180 a month. Very happy. Have to love all the miserable people on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies