Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2018, 12:03 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
FOX is reporting he was removed from office.
CBS is too.

https://twitter.com/juliannagoldman/...rector_reports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

11,221 posts, read 8,291,563 times
Is it inconceivable to think that this guy has been battered by the Whitehouse and the President himself, and now that he's eligible to retire, that he has just had enough, and is content to take his rightful pension and enjoy the sunset years of his life?

I know that if I had a Richard-Head of a boss, and I was eligible to retire and maintain my lifestyle, that I'd not be very patient for said Richard-head's antics..... Could it not be "that simple"?

I'm not saying that is, or is not the case, but WOW, there sure are a lot of people here who claim to know his motivations.

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That means that he has accumulated leave that he can't cash out so he will quit working and be on leave until his official retirement date.

As I have been on terminal leave, you can cash out all the leave you want.....

Old 01-29-2018, 12:04 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,519,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Serious question here.
If anyone was wrong about what they believe will be coming out, will they come on THIS thread and admit it? It is okay to have an opinion and be wrong, but some of the stuff being written is so vial. And yes from the left.
I am curious if anyone can admit that their speculation was wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
sure.

you?
Heck ya.
I have been wrong on here before and admitted it and have apologized.

To be so vial to prove your point and or that you disagree with ones opinion is just

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
I would like obama and thugs removed from all U.S. taxpayer supported pensions as we have all paid a steep price already for that swamp. Hopefully, the rest will pack up their desks soon.
Trump is doing no better at removing the swamp.

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Pace seems to have stepped up lately.
We go along for awhile, back and forth, verifying the facts. Then out of the blue, it's whackadoodle.
Posters hop from one thread to the next, not bothering to read, just post lies and insults and hop on to the next.
Drive by fruitings, ala Mrs. Doubtfire.
This ^ It's just nuts, you try to post a sourced rebuttal to some of these comments and 10 seconds later they are just repeating the same nonsense.

Old 01-29-2018, 12:05 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,111,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Is it inconceivable to think that this guy has been battered by the Whitehouse and the President himself, and now that he's eligible to retire, that he has just had enough, and is content to take his rightful pension and enjoy the sunset years of his life?

I know that if I had a Richard-Head of a boss, and I was eligible to retire and maintain my lifestyle, that I'd not be very patient for said Richard-head's antics..... Could it not be "that simple"?

I'm not saying that is, or is not the case, but WOW, there sure are a lot of people here who claim to know his motivations.
Is it inconceivable to think that what smells like a skunk is a skunk(McCabe)

Old 01-29-2018, 12:07 PM

8,313 posts, read 3,920,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
If you hate liberty, justice and the rule of law, you are a shoo-in for a post in the Trump Administration. People like McCabe just are not going to cut it. The baffling part is that the Trump Cult thinks this is all going to benefit them in the end. When you step back and look at it, you really have to wonder how much the Russians are using disinformation to tear the country apart. How else could they possibly rationalize destroying the very system of laws and justice that protect them from despotism?

Old 01-29-2018, 12:08 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
As I have been on terminal leave, you can cash out all the leave you want.....
/sigh or you can quit working and run out the clock with your accumulated leave, which is what he appears to have done.

"FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe is stepping down from the FBI, CBS News' Pat Milton has confirmed. According to Milton, a source familiar with the matter confirmed that McCabe was urged to step down. However, sources at the FBI said that this was largely his decision, CBS News' Andres Triay reports. He is currently on what's known as "terminal leave," that is, McCabe had accumulated enough leave time to depart the FBI now. His official retirement is in March. "

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/andrew-...-news-updates/

Old 01-29-2018, 12:08 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,291,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Is it inconceivable to think that what smells like a skunk is a skunk(McCabe)
No, but on the other hand, you all have been calling Hillary a skunk for 30+ years, and celebrating her retirement to prison. She may or may not be a likeable person, but for all the name-calling and accusations, she is still just as innocent as you or me in the name of the law.

If you don't like that analogy, the same applies to POTUS Trump, only less time.

So to answer your question, not it's not inconceivable at all, but skunks smell like skunks, just as non-skunks that have been painted with Skunk Perfume. (Where's my Pepe LePew emoji when I need it?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies