Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 02:01 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The interesting part of this lawsuit is that your big boys (Walmart, JC Penny, Best Buy) don't follow a universal corporate policy on what to lock/keep open. It is done based off the numbers at each location.

The woman is correct there. I have no doubt product A at location 1 was locked up while product A at location 2 was not.

But as Volobjectarian pointed out, if they want to take a gander at the loss sheet it will tell her and everyone else why.

It doesn't make sense from a financial standpoint to do a universal standard across all stores. You're blowing a ton of man hours if you go that route.

I agree with you there - it wouldn't make sense. I do find it interesting that all of the stores that I've frequented in my area keep those items I previously mentioned locked in a case, whether it's Walmart, Target, CVS or Walgreen's.

Allred knows perfectly well why there's disparity in what gets locked up and what doesn't. It's not racist, it's called shrinkage prevention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 02:20 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
Maybe they'd prefer if the store didn't even carry the "black products" in the first place?

Old 01-29-2018, 02:47 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Maybe they'd prefer if the store didn't even carry the "black products" in the first place?
Well, there are many businesses that won't locate in poor/crime-ridden neighborhoods due to insurance costs. Those tend to be inner-city which tend to be black majority. That right there will be called out as racist sooner than later.

Hell, I remember businesses relocating across a divided street growing up. One side was the city, the other was the suburb. Purely insurance-cost related. The area wasn't horrible (yet) and they could still make money but just having that location distinction made all the difference.

Old 01-29-2018, 03:05 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
When I first moved to the area I live in now, I was quite surprised to see that the Walmarts here don't lock up spray paint. First place I've ever lived where that is the case.

Trying to think of something that they do keep under lock and key.
Ethnic hair products - nope. And they have a huge selection.
Meat - nope.
The only thing that comes to mind is their better jewelry.

I understand that this woman feels inconvenienced, but I really don't believe that there is any specific intent other than to protect inventory.
Super Wal-Mart here has everything out but the cigarettes, Kansas has a LOT of smokers. In the last town, they did put some things in the customer services area though, baby products, condoms, and oddly, laxatives.

Old 01-29-2018, 03:06 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I was joking of course.

This whole thing is nonsense.

In my early years I was the guy who told you where to place items, how to configure your floor plan, camera placement, etc. I've always liked residential security better. And yes, landscaping and even your proximity to cross streets plays a role in reducing loss!

There is real science behind it (just like your global warming science libs ).

There may even be videos of yours truly floating around the internet where we discuss how placement, configuration etc have been effective in reducing loss.

If you stumble across those videos I'll be the dark-skinned guy in a KKK robe...just in case anyone is wondering.
That's just it... I KNOW you were joking. But we have a large segment of SJW's who actually DO believe your sarcasm. It's scary at the very least.

WE are witnessing what a dumbed down society looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I agree with you there - it wouldn't make sense. I do find it interesting that all of the stores that I've frequented in my area keep those items I previously mentioned locked in a case, whether it's Walmart, Target, CVS or Walgreen's.

Allred knows perfectly well why there's disparity in what gets locked up and what doesn't. It's not racist, it's called shrinkage prevention.
Allred and her daughter are the worst kind of abulance chasing hacks!!

Old 01-29-2018, 03:14 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I've noticed that odd choices of stuff is locked up at various stores. In alcohol, it will be one item, but a similar in type and cost is not.

I always figured they just locked up the most stolen items, a decision based upon data, not opinion.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-29-2018, 03:17 PM

581 posts, read 456,448 times
At my Walmart the following things are locked up: Razors, cough medicines and condoms/pregnancy tests. All hair care products are out on regular displays.

Sounds to me like another snowflake victim wants to play the race card to score easy money.

Old 01-29-2018, 03:33 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so just to be fair, they gotta lock up everything. even 80-pound truck tires that no one ever shoplifts

Mom Sues Walmart To End Policy Of ‘Segregating’ Beauty Products « CBS Los Angeles
This should be pretty easy for Wally World to prove in a court of law. Just show the losses of these products over time as compared to other products. If these are stolen more, then it's not "racism". But let Allred look like a bigger idiot than she already does.

Old 01-29-2018, 03:36 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
They lockup Ammo locally so us white rednecks won't shoplift.

I'm offended and think I'll join the lawsuit.

Old 01-29-2018, 03:45 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
At my Walmart the following things are locked up: Razors, cough medicines and condoms/pregnancy tests. All hair care products are out on regular displays.

Sounds to me like another snowflake victim wants to play the race card to score easy money.
At my local wal mart the following items are either locked behind glass, or behind the counter:

Cigarettes
Expensive liquor
Condoms
Baby formula
some Cold medicine
Nicorette
razors
PS4 and Xbox 1 systems and games
Printer ink

And I live in a relatively safe neighborhood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies