Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 05:46 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,843,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Yes, some women like to bully men. Doesn't make it OK for men to bully women.
You don't have to bully women to be considered sexually harassing. Just showing the vaguest of sexual interest constitutes sexual harassment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 05:47 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,203,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Claiming sexual harassment has become a form of bullying too. It has a "disparate impact" on males and heteros, and that's a no no.
I understand what you are saying, but from the abused point of view, this is not bullying. They have little to no power, they may not be believed, it happened years ago so it might not be valid, there may not have been witnesses, so it's "He said/she said". Why did they wait so long? I can understand (from a guy's point of view) how difficult it would be. Personally, I have a lot of empathy for the women.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:48 PM

7,713 posts, read 12,583,397 times
Alot of these stories are fabricated and exaggerated. A majority of rich men do in fact have tons of slores slobbering up to them for wealth and power. Women have done that since the beginning of time and haven't stopped today. If you're wondering why this type of environment cease to exist is because of women. The ratio of thirst buckets to respectable women is 3:1 and most men have figured this out. Women are the ones who (as usual) don't seem to understand their own gender and look to point the blame elsewhere.

Old 01-29-2018, 06:12 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,569,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Alot of these stories are fabricated and exaggerated. A majority of rich men do in fact have tons of slores slobbering up to them for wealth and power. Women have done that since the beginning of time and haven't stopped today. If you're wondering why this type of environment cease to exist is because of women. The ratio of thirst buckets to respectable women is 3:1 and most men have figured this out. Women are the ones who (as usual) don't seem to understand their own gender and look to point the blame elsewhere.
There is a little bit of cognitive dissonance inherent to the gender. Even in our own mothers it is completely observable if you're looking for it.

Old 01-29-2018, 06:41 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,125,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I thought rich powerful men had women fighting over them, so why are so many of them getting caught sexually harassing women? Do they really have trouble getting good looking women? Is it just for the ego?

Same reason ultra-rich men "need" more money. In other words, they don't. It's just another way of flaunting power - something now constantly on view with Trump.

Old 01-29-2018, 07:01 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,522,222 times
Quote:
I thought rich powerful men had women fighting over them, so why are so many of them getting caught sexually harassing women? Do they really have trouble getting good looking women? Is it just for the ego?
1. Most powerful people don’t have time to socialize. Contrary to what the leftists believe, most of powerful people are workaholics. They would be there if they weren’t workaholics.

2. They believe others should automatically yield to their power, sexual or otherwise.

3. They can get away with it - they believe they are invincible. Power drunk.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 01-29-2018 at 08:30 PM..

Old 01-29-2018, 07:31 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,629,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Because its about power. Weinstein had enough money, he just enjoyed abusing the power that his position gave him.
I thought we were talking about Trump. I think it's to show the world that he can be seen with "the best". That's why he's always been such a loudmouth about it and also so public.

"Not only can I make money (from bankruptcies), but I can get Eastern European Women with exotic names to be on my arm".

Old 01-29-2018, 07:57 PM

1,087 posts, read 778,922 times
"Sexual Harassment" is a cause for legal action. If a man has a deep pocket and any woman is in his vicinity has a tendency to call up her attorney for legal action.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:04 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,735,369 times
Some women want to be aggressively pursued by a rich, powerful man. It's a turn on and the ultimate validation of their desirability. This is especially true of women trying to work in media, entertainment and politics. And of course the line between this behavior and sexual harassment is thin to nonexistent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Mdoq5DDeA

Old 01-29-2018, 08:04 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,431,094 times
Quote:
1. its power and power corrupts

2. if you think about it...60's free love movement, the women who burned their bras, the groupies who would give a BJ to any celebrity, and NOW they are saying "oh my gawd, he harassed me", meanwhile they were the ones doing the act.

how many women (over 20,000) did wilt chamberlain sleep with.... was he the harasser, or did they voluntarily sleep with him.

how many women/groupies has mick jaeger, or steven tyler, or scott baio, have had given them a PUBLIC BJ.... was that harassment....meanwhile they dropped to their knees willingly

so many women FLOCK to these celebrities....you want to blame someone...blame the liberals chicks of the 60's.... free love baby, let's shag

today you say how gross men like these celebs, or trump are..... 99.99% chance you had a "teenbeat" magazine and drooled over and LUSTED after Robbie benson, matt Dillon, or whom ever the heartthrob of todays is...etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies