Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 11:20 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times

Advertisements

People will go to jail if the memo is released. That's why some politicians are trying not to disclose this to the public.

Old 01-29-2018, 11:28 PM

23,581 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I'll be surprised if both the memos aren't leaked. Sometimes, that's the only way that truth gets out.
Why would the Nunes memo be leaked, it's approved to be released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It wouldn't believe me to think he is innocent but I definitely think he is guilty of something now because of all his protests. If you are innocent then just leave the investigation alone because you have nothing to hide....right.
If someone in your neighborhood were murdered, and someone pointed a finger at you claiming you did it, then the investigators dig into every nook and cranny of your life for more than a year, looking for anything even if it doesn't pertain to the murder, the people in your town give you the stink eye and won't deal with you, you'd just sit back and say or do nothing because you have nothing to hide? lol, yea, right.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:38 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
I think that there are going to be more early retirement announcements at the FBI.
I would keep 8-10 cells open in Leavenworth for the illegal FBI snoopers and anyone in the Obama administration that violated Americans privacy rights for political gain.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:36 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,794,281 times
The Democrat memo was only written last night. After it's been reviewed, it will be released.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:52 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Release all of it now, redacted.

I blame the Congress if the FBI is spying. After 9-11 the agencies were given any and everything they wanted. And i am old enough to remember J. Edgar Hoover.

Any credit card company and credit reporting company knows more about me than my family. They get a pass. They allow my information to be hacked by anybody with the talent to do it, without a penalty.

The USA government is paying for DH to have credit watch because somebody hacked into the government computers and got not only financial information, but also DH's fingerprints.

These Republicans in Congress do not give a damn about anybody spying on American citizens. They sat on their asses for 20 years and let it happen. They are doing this charade to cover their own butts and protect one of their own.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:03 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Release all of it now, redacted.

I blame the Congress if the FBI is spying. After 9-11 the agencies were given any and everything they wanted. And i am old enough to remember J. Edgar Hoover.

Any credit card company and credit reporting company knows more about me than my family. They get a pass. They allow my information to be hacked by anybody with the talent to do it, without a penalty.

The USA government is paying for DH to have credit watch because somebody hacked into the government computers and got not only financial information, but also DH's fingerprints.

These Republicans in Congress do not give a damn about anybody spying on American citizens. They sat on their asses for 20 years and let it happen. They are doing this charade to cover their own butts and protect one of their own.
Your partisanship is showing. Or do you really believe that Democrats don't spy?

Old 01-30-2018, 07:15 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Your partisanship is showing. Or do you really believe that Democrats don't spy?
I am old enough to remember J Edgar Hoover. He used the FBI for his own entertainment. Everybody spies. And they have for years. The Congress did not do one thing to stop or control it. Now it is their ox gored.

My partisanship is showing. That's a laugh.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:15 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Calm down. It will go through the same process as the Nunes memo. It will also be released.
Are you sure about that ?

Without a committee vote to release the D memo, I don't think it goes through the formal process for declassification, the one the Nunes memo goes through. Once the majority R's voted to release their memo, they should have done the same for the D memo.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:20 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

Without a committee vote to release the D memo, I don't think it goes through the formal process for declassification, the one the Nunes memo goes through. Once the majority R's voted to release their memo, they should have done the same for the D memo.
Smh.. it goes through process before vote, ok? It just showed up yesterday. What does that tell you?

Old 01-30-2018, 08:21 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,111,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

As a Conservative, I expect the Democrat's memo to be released. If not, I will give the Nunes memo no weight. Personally, I need to review both documents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies