Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 09:00 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times

Advertisements

Consider yourselves lucky you don't have to deal with this every day. In fact, billions of women around the world would gladly trade places with you, whether you want to believe it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 09:10 PM

624 posts, read 379,107 times
That read was sobering and disheartening.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:39 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Consider yourselves lucky you don't have to deal with this every day. In fact, billions of women around the world would gladly trade places with you, whether you want to believe it or not.
This is a sick and unnessesary comparison.Apples to oranges. You could just as easily have titled this "hey Christians, consider yourself lucky you don't have to deal with this." But you purposefully chose not to in a sick attempt at manipulation via guilt and false equivalency.

There is no comparison. But this does not lessen the very real problems faced by women in American daily such as rape, incest, etc. It is unfortunate that our media trivializes it.

Your message of "stop your beatching, you ain't got it so bad" is like telling blacks to be happy they're no longer slaves. Or a 1950s husband saying, "I'll give you something to really cry about" before he beats her.

Its shameful that you obviously really don't care about these hostages and would use them for your own agenda.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:05 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
This is a sick and unnessesary comparison.Apples to oranges. You could just as easily have titled this "hey Christians, consider yourself lucky you don't have to deal with this." But you purposefully chose not to in a sick attempt at manipulation via guilt and false equivalency.

There is no comparison. But this does not lessen the very real problems faced by women in American daily such as rape, incest, etc. It is unfortunate that our media trivializes it.

Your message of "stop your beatching, you ain't got it so bad" is like telling blacks to be happy they're no longer slaves. Or a 1950s husband saying, "I'll give you something to really cry about" before he beats her.

Its shameful that you obviously really don't care about these hostages and would use them for your own agenda.
Hmmm... uh... this leaves me a little confused but... well done. I can see you put some thought into it. And it is an upgrade over the usual response to any mention of IS atrocities: "White Christian men do/have done the same, so stop your beatching."

Old 09-15-2015, 12:56 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
Hey ladies! If you don't like the way Americans treat you, then I'm sure you'll love the way Muslims treat you.

Old 09-15-2015, 06:08 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Whenever anyone else holds up another country's atrocities and says, "At least you're not them!", I wonder what other aspects of their lives they hold such low standards.

Old 09-15-2015, 06:48 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermanni View Post
"Oh you think I'm a jerk, well I may be a jerk, but there are worse ones out there so you're actually lucky to have me" -said a jerk.
It is called "Perspective".

Old 09-15-2015, 07:08 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Thank you, Mark Levin........strange a man and talk show host would be the first to speak out hard about it! Seems our President should be doing this.......and certainly, a lot of women should be saying something. I am only hearing Angelina-Jolie, where are the other women??????

This need to be brought to light. I have felt we have not done enough to help these people. Yet, we supplied rebels with means to do this to the Kurdish and the Yazidi people.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:58 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermanni View Post
The OP could have been born 20,000 years ago and died an early death of starvation. So what why is he complaining at all?
Actually, when I am feeling down, I actually do think of stuff like that to realize that my life isn't actually that bad. I have running water, electricity, high-speed internet, plenty of access to food, access to healthcare, and have a whole host amenities at my disposal despite only earning about $45K a year salary.

Oh, I'm also not illiterate, I'm not dealing with an invading army, I'm not a serf, I don't have worry about being killed in a blood feud, and so on.

Going back four or five generations that were some of the problems my own relatives had to deal with. A hundred or so years ago I would have been an illiterate peasant in either the Austro-Hungarian Empire or Calabria who could have very well died of an abscessed tooth or had been orphaned because my Mom died during child birth and my Dad was killed by some family who has been warring with my family for several decades. My biggest problem today was deciding if I was in the mood for Terminator or Terminator 2 to watch on my plasma screen.

The thing is that I know that on a historical and global level; I have it pretty good. There are things I don't like about my life. I could write several essays on them (and I have a few times on this forum), but I know that things could happen in my life that will make my worst problems look like a pleasant dream by comparison and I try to keep it in perspective.

Now, let's get to Feminism. Feminists like to claim that we live in a "Rape Culture", well the OP just gave you an example of what a real rape culture looks like. It is men openly engaging in wanton acts of sexual violence without the slightest hint of remorse. In fact, they have whole guidelines on the best ways to rape women.

Now, go back to Tumblr so you can whine about "Stare Rape" or "Fart Rape" to a legion of purple haired followers.

Old 09-15-2015, 08:15 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Whenever anyone else holds up another country's atrocities and says, "At least you're not them!", I wonder what other aspects of their lives they hold such low standards.
This ^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies