Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2018, 09:42 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times

Advertisements

I mean... There was nothing surprising here, right?

Take credit for the stock market I called a bubble a year ago...
Take credit for low unemployment I said was a fraud a year ago...
Tout the tax bill...
State some lies such as how wage growth is better now than under Obama (it's not)...
Claim interest in bipartisanship despite spending a year making divisive insults, etc. etc.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:43 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
False.

Look up mental health issues and drug abuse. The two go heavily hand in hand. Work won’t solve the serious mental health issues in this nation.
Drug abuse occurs less frequently in communities that are functional.

Work empowers functioning community.

Unlike mental health issues which are in some cases not a choice, drug abuse starts by choices made.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:44 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I mean... There was nothing surprising here, right?

Take credit for the stock market I called a bubble a year ago...
Take credit for low unemployment I said was a fraud a year ago...
Tout the tax bill...
State some lies such as how wage growth is better now than under Obama (it's not)...
Claim interest in bipartisanship despite spending a year making divisive insults, etc. etc.
I'm over that honestly. That is nothing new and par for the course when it comes to Trump. I hate that I am sweeping this under the rug, but it is a broken record at this point and nothing will change. I just hope if he runs in 2020, he is attacked for this.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:46 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
False.

Look up mental health issues and drug abuse. The two go heavily hand in hand. Work won’t solve the serious mental health issues in this nation.
Perhaps YOU should look up work therapy as a part of alcohol and drug rehabilitation.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:46 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Drug abuse occurs less frequently in communities that are functional.

Work empowers functioning community.

Unlike mental health issues which are in some cases not a choice, drug abuse starts by choices made.
I’m sorry, I couldn’t stop laughing.

I live in an area that has seen record low unemployment rates for the entire country over the last 10 years.

We’re also top in the nation for beer consumption per capita and have serious drug and human trafficking issues.

But sure... you keep thinking that jobs solve everything. I assure you they don’t.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:48 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Perhaps YOU should look up work therapy as a part of alcohol and drug rehabilitation.
I’m well aware of it, but they have to seek treatment in the first place and that really just proves my point.

Work doesn’t solve the problem when the problem is a lack of decent mental health care. It can help but if the person isn’t getting the proper medical treatment they need a job is useless.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:

I live in an area that has seen record low unemployment rates for the entire country over the last 10 years.

We’re also top in the nation for beer consumption per capita and have serious drug and human trafficking issues.

But sure... you keep thinking that jobs solve everything. I assure you they don’t.
Jobs solve a lot.

There are some long-term dysfunctional areas. I take a train each morning through an area still scarred by 60s riots, where LFPR is abominable. That is not a repairable region. Your town sounds similar, but there are far more towns where work would heal many social ills.

I know that scares Dems, as they need to keep their "base" dependent on them.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:

I do not find black unemployment rates a laughing matter.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:51 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Wow the Dems looked like real sour-pusses tonight. I was even a little shocked when Trump said America's motto is "In God We Trust" and they wouldn't even stand for that. Pathetic America-hating commies, they are truly disgusting people.... Trump talking about American heroes while the dems looked at their cell phones.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:57 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I felt bad for Kennedy- This was a tremendous SOTU speech, which made the scripted speech he gave
irrelevant.
I'm a bit jaded, having gotten interested in politics during the Reagan era (that man was an orator). Not sure I'd say tremendous as a SOTU, but it was far better than I think most expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Yeah, like I said he jumped the track a couple times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies