Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2018, 01:24 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,113,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
I heard him sniff at least 10 times last might I guess you were to busy praising him because he was able to read off the teleprompter and not sound like a jack ass.
Nope, watched the entire address. BTW, where was the teleprompter? I didn't see one in any camera angles. Plus he didn't even have to read from something sitting on the podium. He made constant eye contact with the audience the entire time.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Dems look upset. Not a Lib smile in the whole place.
They didn't stand/applaud for low unemployment numbers, they didn't stand/applaud for patriotism, they didn't stand/applaud much of anything. Pathetic sore losers. Their actions speak volume. They are pathetic. I loved watching them last night, especially the one who just couldn't take any more USA, USA, USA and walked the ef out. Hahahaha!

Wow, I've not been this proud to be an American, Veteran of Foreign War in a very long time.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:41 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,730,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
What was up with Pelosi making all those monkey faces throughout the address?
Between the faces she was making and the speed to which she bolted out of the chamber after the address my guess was that her depends were filled and possibly overflowing.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:49 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,497,072 times
It was definitely better than Hillarys SOTU address., Oh wait, she lost, Obamas not POTUS anymore...
If the left would grow up and be statesman/women, and work with the "right", maybe we can get some quality changes in the USA..
We need to focus on fixing many things within the USA.. But it just seems like DC britches keep getting bigger and bigger.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:52 PM

24,497 posts, read 33,247,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
JFK would be a right wing conservative today compared to the current D Party.
Actually, he was a conservative. Or a fiscal conservative at least.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
It was definitely better than Hillarys SOTU address., Oh wait, she lost, Obamas not POTUS anymore...
If the left would grow up and be statesman/women, and work with the "right", maybe we can get some quality changes in the USA..
We need to focus on fixing many things within the USA.. But it just seems like DC britches keep getting bigger and bigger.
The closest Hillary will ever come to delivering a SOTU address is that pathetic pre-recorded skit that was shown at the Grammy's the other night. Hahahaha, Grammy viewership was down 20% this year too.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Between the faces she was making and the speed to which she bolted out of the chamber after the address my guess was that her depends were filled and possibly overflowing.
Yeah, she was jonesing for another hit off the crackpipe.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:15 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,271,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Watch any clip of Obama's SOTU speeches and you will see McConnell and the Republicans sitting on their hands.
And no wonder.

In this case, a pro-American speech like the President's, who could disagree with anything he said?

Old 01-31-2018, 02:32 PM

693 posts, read 356,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Wow, I've not been this proud to be an American, Veteran of Foreign War in a very long time.
I bet you lost your mind when Michelle said something similar. Or when football players take the knee.

But only good old folks like you could have your american pride go up and down. Coming from others that don't think the way you do....well, they're just traitors and should leave the country, am I right?

Old 01-31-2018, 02:34 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,568,426 times
Default More Fear-mongering----Just a More Sedated Manner

Those who were really paying attention to the content of Trump's address, would have noted that most of it was intended to instill fear and xenophobia about foreigners, immigration and terrorism. All except one of the individuals or groups introduced in the audience, had been involved in some form of violence, serious injuries or death.

All he did was extend his bragging and making false claims about his great accomplishments. Just because his manner was more calm than usual, some people thought he was more "presidential". He really did a great job of reading the teleprompter, without giving clues about what he was doing. Unless I missed something, he never mentioned the Wall or the Memo. Maybe his advisers convinced him that those issues would greatly decrease the approval of the address.

On another note, I was even less impressed with the rebuttal for the Democrats, by Joe Kennedy III. He spoke mostly in worn-out clichés and his voice and manner are too wimpy, to take him seriously as a political leader. If I hadn't known better, I'd have guessed that he was about 15 years younger than age 37. It would be a mistake for the Democrats to try to ramp him up into being a presidential candidate at any time in the future.

I didn't give a whit about his great-uncle or grandfather, either. Their presence on the political scene, delayed my conversion towards the liberal side of things, by about eight years. It would put me in a terrible dilemma, to have another one of them being the only choice, to avoid more conservative nation-wrecking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies