Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 06:13 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,000,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
It's definitely an ignorant comment. But it pales in comparison to racism of sports in rural AZ back in the 80s.
They were the "General Custers" of sports fully-intent on portraying the white athlete as the "master race".
Those guys were so bigoted it was bizarre. They are middle-aged now and long since retired. But I haven't forgotten
their bigotry which was really stubborn and naive. But they really believed it.
Lol...yeah, I remember playing youth football against some kids up in the White Mountains in the mid to late 70’s...they were ALWAYS chirping some borderline racist nonsense on the field. Especially the kids from Pinetop, Show Low or Snowflake. Prescott kids were mouthy too.

Thankfully, my high school was too big to play most of the teams from the rural areas with a few exceptions. That said, that’s all changed now. Arizona is far more diverse than it was back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Not that I'm condoning what he allegedly said, but looks like maybe it was in response to the black player saying something to him.

Also, suspended without any proof but word of one person without other person saying anything about it?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/college...160202311.html
Yeah, but he got caught.

Lesson: don’t be the one who gets caught.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:39 AM

16,847 posts, read 10,478,662 times
Public school suspended a student for making a comment? I hope their insurance is up to date.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:48 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,457,566 times
Doesn't matter if, or what, the other guy said. YOUR guy shouldn't say it and that's why he was suspended.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Public school suspended a student for making a comment? I hope their insurance is up to date.
Public schools suspend or even expel students all the time for inappropriate behavior.

Lawsuit? Pfffft...perish the thought.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:52 AM

16,847 posts, read 10,478,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Public schools suspend or even expel students all the time for inappropriate behavior.

The key wordc is “behavior” not speech.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The key wordc is “behavior” not speech.
Talking is behavior. You can’t just say what you wanna say to people without consequences, and definitely not in a sport as buttoned up as tennis. If this were basketball, no one would care. They’d fight and it’d be over with.

Colleges have a code of conduct for athletes and coaches. This dude got caught.

The end.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:12 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,575,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Knowing your dad is racist?
this.

1st amendment be darned in this nazi-liberal world

Old 01-31-2018, 07:13 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,845,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

No, they don't.

Kids kick the crap out of other kids all the time, punch teachers in the head, etc. Nothing ever happens to these kids.

IF the story is true, he should be kicked off the team for bad sportsmanship, whcih insulting another competitor? Yeah, that's a fair/appropriate punishment. That's all. Why was he suspended? Under what "rule"? Kids insult each other all the time.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:16 AM

25,591 posts, read 21,764,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It possibly could have been in response to something his opponent said because of the phrasing (use of at least).

According to Wilson there were other racial comments but he didn't specify. Why?

It's purely a "he said" incident at this point because Brown hasn't responded to anything.

As for the suspension perhaps the school questioned Brown and he admitted it and they are keeping it internal. Having said that it wouldn't shock me to find out that it wasn't said and Appy State suspended him for the mere appearance of the situation.
I agree with that ^^^. I know here at C-D, many people using the "racist" without having a clue what it even means. And, we need to hear the conversation from both sides.

Yep, my bet is it was just easier to suspend him then put up with being pounded by the liberal press.

If a black makes racist comments against a white, that isn't considered "racism", thus the double standard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies