Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 09:26 AM

309 posts, read 246,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yupper, I read somewhere another country started doing the same thing...they had to....

If a person is serious about coming to the U.S. then work to become a citizen...

a community functions properly when it follows it's rules, and everyone works together....

people will start believing this, only when it starts to effect them.

I had a shocker happen one day last year...I walked into a walmart after work, and while checking out, all the cashiers were Muslim....they all had on their habibs. Then one night, in walks a woman with a black gown down to the floor, her face and head covered, her hands in deep pockets.

Her husband walking in front of her.

I never was like this until 911 happened, and then I started listening to others, reading articles, listening to Bridget, etc....

This is our home and I want it to remain safe for my grand-child and her children.

If I went to another country, there is no way I wouldn't want to assimilate...how could you even begin to think otherwise?
Firstly, they are in "Land of the free and Home of the brave" and allowed to wear whatever they want. If you don't like it, you have liberty to not look at them.

Secondly, as long as they are here legally, this is "their" home too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2018, 09:43 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
And immigrants have much lower crime rates than native born Americans. Your grandchildren are statistically safer around immigrants than the native born. Immigrant meccas like NYC, Silicon Valley, Orange County, etc, are among the safest places in the U.S.
This is true.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:49 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Have you been through the immigration process? Have you been a non-American using border crossings?
No I haven't but a girlfriend has....she is now an American citizen. Why?

no one who isn't a citizen belongs here, but they've left it go so long, that now, what does one do?

Old 02-08-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
This is true.
it depends on the nationality of the illegals....not immigrants, illegals.

Old 02-08-2018, 11:01 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
The USA has become just too big and cumbersome............deportations at a level that would make a
significant, beneficial difference are next to impossible.

Old 02-09-2018, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
You realize that the vast majority of undocumented immigrants come by plane, right? Can you tell me how a wall stops planes?
are you crazy, you really believe that? Yes, a whole lot of India's people come here by plane, to work here....but the rest just come right thru the borders....plus our immigration system is broken...

Old 02-09-2018, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
The USA has become just too big and cumbersome............deportations at a level that would make a
significant, beneficial difference are next to impossible.
No, it's not impossible, you have simply resolved yourself to believe it is impossible, or just looking for an excuse to debate the issue....sorry, but yes, indeed, it would take time, but can be done, and they have already started to do so, but they also have to clean up the entire system and put it in place.

Old 02-09-2018, 06:00 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
What politician backs open borders?

Nobody wants open borders. That is just a talking point of the right for political posturing.
The Democrats want to lower immigration standards, and requirements to make it effectively like having open borders. Stop lying.

Old 02-09-2018, 06:17 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
No, it's not impossible, you have simply resolved yourself to believe it is impossible, or just looking for an excuse to debate the issue....sorry, but yes, indeed, it would take time, but can be done, and they have already started to do so, but they also have to clean up the entire system and put it in place.
Why are you so afraid of other religions and people that legally immigrated. We have Muslims that are in the military, policemen, teachers and doctors.

Old 02-09-2018, 08:10 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
What politician backs open borders?

Nobody wants open borders. That is just a talking point of the right for political posturing.

The ones who push back against securing them.

Next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies