Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2018, 10:32 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I didn't say any of that. You did. You can look at any and all of my past posts. You will not see anything about racists and deplorables. I don't like to call people names.
You're making blanket political statements so while you may not have said them both your candidate from 2016 ( I voted for neither of them) and most of their supporters echoed those memes and sentiments so it's a description of the talking points coming from your camp.

Sorry that you don't like it, the "Trumpees" get tagged for the idiocy that comes from Trump etc. heck, look at all the posts just from the last week about how they are all stupid, been conned etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2018, 10:36 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
You're literally making my argument for me...this big tax cut which was sold as something that would juice businesses growth and development and increase wages did none of it.
So again. You're blaming Trump for making it easier for companies to do business, but choose to do the opposite...

Quote:
Instead, just as predicted- it resulted in share buybacks. It was argued that only by looking for ways to increase demand would that actually happen. If the law had given a large cut only when businesses expanded/reinvested or hired more workers I'd have been for it-instead what POTUS trumpeted as a huge boon for workers was an ill conceived give away to the C suite.
And Harley will be closing down production and filing for bankruptcy for bad business practices.

Not Trump's fault.

Does Trump run Harley Davidson? No? He doesn't? How is he culpable for the decisions made at the discretion of corporate executives?

Old 05-24-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
I'm not a troll and you have to admit that Trump supporters think he can do no wrong. Just read the responses here.
He didn't do anything wrong here.

Harleys management did LOL

Old 05-24-2018, 10:39 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Only d bags buy Harleys. The two things go together hand in hand. At one point it may have been considered cool to be a leather wearing poseur d bag making noise with your straight pipes while rocking your tats and do rag desperately trying to get people to pay attention to your awesomeness. Today, most people just laugh and point at the accountants and dentists acting like tough guys while sitting on Harleys parked in front of a Starbucks.
Only a d bag would call others a d bag because they like a legal product. Touche poossy cat!

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
also- workers lost their jobs, but the C suite who likely own a good deal of shares benefits through the 700MM share buyback financed by the workers and their children through increased US debt.....so good times all around....
Surely you're not suggesting they take steps to design and build marketable motorcycles?

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
I'm not a troll and you have to admit that Trump supporters think he can do no wrong. Just read the responses here.
You aren't a troll, but your thread was and you even justified it because Trump supporters do the same thing. (I mean holy crap, you admitted that your motivation was to fight garbage threads crediting Trump for things that he didn't control with one blaming him for the opposite. If you're feeling dirty because you rolled with the hogs in the mud then that's one thing but it doesn't change reality. )

Of course the Trump supporters do. It's what rabid partisans do, since the dawn of time and it will continue forever.

Heck, just look at gas prices. Probably the most hypocritical topic over the past 3 presidents, but partisans lack the shame gene.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:41 AM

All the ignorant here repeat after me.

Harley failed to market something with value, something affordable, and something that sells.

Trump gave them tax breaks and rolled back regulations that hurt them.

Harleys executives failed to deliver a product in demand.
Nor create a demand.

They cater to mid life crisis suffering need to feel young and tough again crowd, with disposable income.

This is not Trump's fault.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:45 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Does Trump run Harley Davidson? No? He doesn't? How is he culpable for the decisions made at the discretion of corporate executives?
Here's a link to Trump speech where he explains that the tax cuts will lead to an average $4,000 raise.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...lvania-speech/

At the time, everybody who knew anything called him an idiot, because the tax cuts would be used for stock buy backs etc., not raises. As events unfolded we can now see that Trump's critics were right, Trump was wrong, and these latest HD shenanigans serve as an example.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:47 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
All the ignorant here repeat after me.

Harley failed to market something with value, something affordable, and something that sells.

Trump gave them tax breaks and rolled back regulations that hurt them.

Harleys executives failed to deliver a product in demand.
Nor create a demand.

They cater to mid life crisis suffering need to feel young and tough again crowd, with disposable income.

This is not Trump's fault.

what you cant seem to grasp here- time after time- is that people argued the tax cut Trump championed was billed as something that would spur growth and increase worker wages and lead to business expansion. What the Harley test case shows is that this was not the case in fact. Instead the law was a boon to the C Suite through share buybacks. Had the cuts been done as credits for reinvesting in business or higher wages it perhaps could have helped business. But as we see through Harley- blanket tax cuts for Corps, most of whom are already cash rich, in and of themselves do little to help workers or even the corps- it enriches the C suite and shareholders....that's the point....tax cuts don't cure all and we could have done much better for 2 trillion...

Old 05-24-2018, 10:48 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Surely you're not suggesting they take steps to design and build marketable motorcycles?
no- why would we want that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies