Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2018, 05:11 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,813,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
You folks are scared, aren't you?
Considering Nunes last "big move" turned out to be s**t, not really.

This guy will go down as one of the biggest embarrassments in the history Congress.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:11 PM

31,990 posts, read 34,536,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This is the document you keep claiming "wide spread abuse", it is a reauthorization of the FISA Warrant process by a judge. It highlights the deficiencies and approves the process going forward, pointing out one paragraph in a 100 page document does not equate to widespread. The judge approved the process back in 2017, if you got nothing else out of this they are very thorough in their oversight of the FISA process.

So why did Nunes and the house just approve an expansion of the FISA process two weeks ago if there were all these abuses, if he had all these issues why didn't they hold hearings and change the regulations.

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/...r_Apr_2017.pdf
First of all, that document is talking about highly technical data collection procedures that most laymen know absolutely nothing about. Saying "here, read this" almost certainly means that that person has not read it and does not understand its contents.

Second, the title is "Obama Spied On Political Enemies." I fail to see how private contractors having unauthorized access to "unminimized" raw data is the equivalent of Obama sicking the intelligence community on his "enemies. "

Old 01-31-2018, 05:12 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,813,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
All this deflection because of Sec. 702 of the Patriot Act, the irony is HUGE.
Bingo.

GOP Hypocrisy 101.

Considering this may reveal classified methods of information gathering or endanger the very sources used in these methods is suddenly of no consequence the to GOP.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:17 PM

31,990 posts, read 34,536,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually both parties have asked for a delay. And if Robert Mueller was worried about that he would not want a delay. Your post is nonsense.

What it really indicates is that Mueller expects the investigation to last through at least summer.
Exactly. If anything, it means the investigation is not drawing to a close any time soon.

The card Trump supporters are playing is that Fusion GPS and Steele have completely tainted the investigation. If this is true, then a solid 25% of criminal convictions should be vacated since many are a result of a biased informant ratting them out.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:18 PM

57,073 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
First of all, that document is talking about highly technical data collection procedures that most laymen know absolutely nothing about. Saying "here, read this" almost certainly means that that person has not read it and does not understand its contents.

Second, the title is "Obama Spied On Political Enemies." I fail to see how private contractors having unauthorized access to "unminimized" raw data is the equivalent of Obama sicking the intelligence community on his "enemies. "
There are a few hundred FISA warrants, I would be surprised if the are not errors in procedure but I'm glad they have this level of oversight. That is why statements like Susan Rice unmasking people is so completely ridiculous.

Regarding the raw data, I wonder how the FBI translates the information without allowing translators access and I think that is a problem area.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:23 PM

57,073 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Bingo.

GOP Hypocrisy 101.

Considering this may reveal classified methods of information gathering or endanger the very sources used in these methods is suddenly of no consequence the to GOP.
Particularly since the congress just passed the reauthorization of the FISA warrant provision Jan 18th.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:29 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,075,409 times
Quote:

I'm familiar with the procedures involved with the FISA process, I've been following for a long time.

The FBI was caught allowing authorized access to the FISA database, no matter how much you try to downplay it, you can't, there was already verifiable FISA abuse.

Quote:
Exactly. If anything, it means the investigation is not drawing to a close any time soon.

The card Trump supporters are playing is that Fusion GPS and Steele have completely tainted the investigation. If this is true, then a solid 25% of criminal convictions should be vacated since many are a result of a biased informant ratting them out.
Flynn's investigation is over, they agreed to a deal.

They have a deal, Flynn already put in his plea to the court, Bob can't back out now, and decide to re-open Flynn's investigation.

Mueller knows his case against Flynn could very well be compromised, he is playing it safe to see how things play out.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:30 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,312,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There are a few hundred FISA warrants, I would be surprised if the are not errors in procedure but I'm glad they have this level of oversight. That is why statements like Susan Rice unmasking people is so completely ridiculous.

Regarding the raw data, I wonder how the FBI translates the information without allowing translators access and I think that is a problem area.
Couple thousand per year actually.

Honestly they might be using some decent computer software to translate and look for information, but its entirely possible they have individuals reviewing it all. These are people who can't talk about their work.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:33 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,075,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually both parties have asked for a delay. And if Robert Mueller was worried about that he would not want a delay. Your post is nonsense.

What it really indicates is that Mueller expects the investigation to last through at least summer.
I told you specifically that Flynn could have his charges dropped, and here we are, the first step to that happening.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:35 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,312,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I told you specifically that Flynn could have his charges dropped, and here we are, the first step to that happening.
Bwwahahaha

Please. This is not the first step of anything other then Mueller waiting until after Flynn testifies to get his sentence. Thats all this is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.