Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 09:42 AM

11,208 posts, read 8,263,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
How did I cherry pick rage?

I said

Trump deserves to be criticized.

How is that cherry pick rage?

stop your garbage already!

Saying two wrongs don't make one right is cherry pick rage? In whose world this is cherry pick rage?!

I said

If Trump made fun of an accident or somebody's death, he should be criticized as well.

No double standard.
I used "an accident" as an example because this particular thread is about an accident! sheesh!

In whose world, that is the definition of cherry picking rage.
This is getting old, but please reread. I called someone else out for cherrypicking rage. You chimed in and said "I did not see them as cherry-picking rage". I replied that you must have, because you quoted them on it, and responded. I said you saw that which you didn't.

It's really silly, but the point is you are accusing me of accusing you of something that I didn't accuse you of, and now getting defensive about it, and forcing me to defend something that never even happened.

Had you not come to the defense of the person I responded to, we would not be having this 'discussion'.

yawn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 09:42 AM

77,012 posts, read 47,481,489 times
Quote:
CNN talking head should be fired on the spot for saying this about train accident victims!
They can't fire someone who does not work for them.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:44 AM

39,044 posts, read 27,462,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
This is getting old, but please reread. I called someone else out for cherrypicking rage. You chimed in and said "I did not see them as cherry-picking rage". I replied that you must have, because you quoted them on it, and responded. I said you saw that which you didn't.

It's really silly, but the point is you are accusing me of accusing you of something that I didn't accuse you of, and now getting defensive about it, and forcing me to defend something that never even happened.

Had you not come to the defense of the person I responded to, we would not be having this 'discussion'.

yawn.
well, I don't like it when other posters are mistreated.

So I WILL say something.

That poster is not a Trump supporter, that poster is not even a conservative. He and I perhaps disagree with a lot of things. But this doesn't mean he is wrong.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:52 AM

11,208 posts, read 8,263,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I don't like it when other posters are mistreated.

So I WILL say something.
Same here, we agree on that. But understand that when that happens, things get twisted. Discussions get derailed.

I don't think I was mistreating anyone. I clicked back through all the quotes. This all started because Mathguy said "Snowflaking is over something trivial". I agree with that, but the implication (to me) was that the original use of snowflake was only over trivial things. I gave examples of things I thought were not trivial, and asked if he agreed.

Mathguy, I was not even trying to call YOU out per say, just pointing out that your comment did not fit with the way the discussion here was going, nor how it has gone for the last year (or decade for that matter).

Someone said to me in the office today that "having political opinions has become criminalized". I think that is becoming true. I'm not saying that about either of you. Just that people are so damned sensitized lately that any little comment gets dissected and argued to death.

I "think" we all agree that:
The injury and loss of life was tragic, and not a source for humor.
Snowflaking is an overused term
BOTH SIDES tend to treat politics like team sports, all for the win

Some of us feel that joking about the metaphor of the trainwreck is OK, others think it's tasteless. I can see both points there, due to the greater context of loss of life. I am able to separate the two, but understand and RESPECT that others would be offended by it. That doesn't make them a snowflake.

Sheesh, I can't believe this discussion is going here. I really don't care. There is hypocrisy on all sides of politics these days, and that does not include me. I try to see it when it's pointed out.

Edit to your edit: I was not equating him as a trump supporter. Just responding to his comment about snowflakism. I took acception to it, and I responded. Not a personal attack, just response to the comment.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:06 PM

18,762 posts, read 11,755,546 times
I think Tasini is despicable on two counts. One for lying about working for CNN, and for thinking that anyone who dies in such a tragic way is in any way a partisan issue. What an idiot.

I do however see the irony in a train full of republicans hitting a garbage truck.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:30 PM

15,705 posts, read 9,468,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Has anybody answered the following questions?

1.) Why was the truck on the tracks in a position to be hit by the train?

2.) Why did the truck not pull off the track as the train approached?

3.) Why did the train not slow down or sound its whistle as it bore down on the truck?
1.) Because the driver ignored the flashing lights, bells and crossing arms at the crossing and tried to beat the train. This actually happens a lot and there are a lot of YouTube videos (usually guys trying to photograph the train) of it happening.

2.) That crossing looks pretty tight. His best chance was to make it across n front of the train once he tried to beat it. That didn't happen.

3.) Applying the brakes on a train often causes it to derail if you do it too quickly. Chances are the engineer, if he even had time to begin applying the brakes, figured hitting the truck and staying on the tracks was better than hitting the truck and derailing.

I'm guessing he was laying on the train horn, but that will come ut in the investigation.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:31 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,762,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
People talk all the time before they have facts. In this case it was state on the news that no fatalities, and only one minor injury. Should we wait then before commenting? For how long? Is a day ok? What if someone dies later?

Who would think the right would suddenly become the PC police.
Are there any circumstances in which a train crash is something to laugh about? I can't think of any.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:00 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,309,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Republicans at the scene of yet another tragedy! How much longer can Republicans defend an indefensible President?

Old 02-01-2018, 09:10 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,627,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Only a hater like you can equate something that did not happen (Trump saying he can shoot anyone) and something that actually did happen (this train incident).
The pundit said something, and trump said something. THAT was the subject being discussed.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-01-2018, 10:19 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,732,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Why are so many on the right such snowflakes?
You don't see those on the right blocking highways, breaking windows, smashing cars, lighting stuff on fire or assaulting people with different viewpoints because they disagree with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies