Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 06:40 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,276,554 times

Advertisements

People do dumb things when they are young and full of testosterone. These articles conveniently leave out a picture of the person who beat him.. I bet he wasn't white. In any case another reason I just stop watching the news or listening to the media. I get tired of politically motivated leftist crap being broadcast all the time and overhyped. It's about as bad as how the weather channel overhypes winter storms and names them. As someone who sees how easily humans are led around by emotions and as someone into mindfulness that is less apt to let mine run my life, I can't help but shake my head about how the media has turned into a tool of cultural conditioning. Of course it's been that for 2000 years now.. control the information and control the people, and the people who are the ones in control usually spin it to their benefit regardless of who they are, so it's not surprising with the left dominating the media that there's a leftist slant on everything.

There's been a globalist slant on everything since the federal reserve act was passed in 1913 though. A lot of the puzzle pieces regarding both world wars along with many other events were conveniently left out of the history books, since history is written by the victors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 07:01 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Like I always touch upon, race relations and issues are not always a black and white thing in America.

The suspect in this sickening attack is a Pacific Islander, therefore, this incident may not get as much outrage and attention as other cases, if you catch my drift.

Seattle black man severely beaten in unprovoked racist 'rage' - NY Daily News
I hope the guy pulls through and recovers. This type of media would have major coverage if the assailant was white and to a lesser extent Hispanic. But for an Pacific Islander to due such is rare. However bigotry exist amongst all people regardless of color. As for the assailant? I hope he gets charged with attempted of murder, battery, assault with deadly weapon and the judge throws the book in his face.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:14 AM

78,338 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Disclaimer CD!

The racist, troll baiters, anti-immigration clowns that post here do not represent the ideals and principles of America on this forum.

Most of us, whether black, white, Mexican, Chinese, Korean, Native American are accepting of the diverse country we are living in. We are all working to bring unity in a divided country. We embrace differences and diversity amongst each other. Please disregard the close and simple-minded, racist folks that post here. They don't represent anyone but themselves which is in the minority.
Are you talking about people that oppose all immigration (or greatly reducing it) or people that take issue with illegal immigrants? Because you seem to be conflating those as the same thing which they are patently not.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:01 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Are you talking about people that oppose all immigration (or greatly reducing it) or people that take issue with illegal immigrants? Because you seem to be conflating those as the same thing which they are patently not.
I'm referring to the people that want to make America white again Aka many Trump supporters! I've never heard him call out any illegal Russians, Euporean or Canadians. I wonder why? I know and run into many illegal Canadian immigrants since I'm close to the Canadian border. In fact, there are many in my neighborhood. They are the nicest and hardworking people but so are the many Mexican immigrants that I have met and lived around in North Carolina for 15 years. Yet Trump only calls out one group. I wonder why?

Illegal anything is not ok but this man isn't pushing to make any changes that will help these people like past presidents. He just wants them out. He wants a border wall that he claimed will be paid for by Mexico. Joke and another lie. He will have US taxpayers to fit the bill.

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door. -Emma Lazarus

America don't lose your value or moral compass because we have a president that has neither. We are a country built on grace and redemption. We should be proud to hush out the injustices that have plagued our country for years because of people like him. Trump is a product of immigration and so is his wife and ex-wives.

I'm so thankful I am around people that are loving, caring and have a pure heart. I'm proud that my family, friends and co workers are about sharing and building this country to be a better world because regardless people are people and they are who they are. Hate is too big a burden.

When you are speaking and showing your racist and sexist rhetoric, you are only doing a disadvantage to yourself. Time's up ractists! You will be suspended, sued, arrest or called out as you should be. No more getting away with hatred. You don't get that claim anymore and shouldn't want it. People aren't going away. We might as well accept one another to make it a better place for future generations. If not, stay in your bubble and watch this country become even more colorful!

Old 02-01-2018, 08:02 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Like I always touch upon, race relations and issues are not always a black and white thing in America.

The suspect in this sickening attack is a Pacific Islander, therefore, this incident may not get as much outrage and attention as other cases, if you catch my drift.

In Seattle?
Say it ain't so.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:12 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I'm referring to the people that want to make America white again Aka many Trump supporters! I've never heard him call out any illegal Russians, Euporean or Canadians. I wonder why? I know and run into many illegal Canadian immigrants since I'm close to the Canadian border. In fact, there are many in my neighborhood. They are the nicest and hardworking people but so are the many Mexican immigrants that I have met and lived around in North Carolina for 15 years. Yet Trump only calls out one group. I wonder why?

Illegal anything is not ok but this man isn't pushing to make any changes that will help these people like past presidents. He just wants them out. He wants a border wall that he claimed will be paid for by Mexico. Joke and another lie. He will have US taxpayers to fit the bill.

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door. -Emma Lazarus

America don't lose your value or moral compass because we have a president that has neither. We are a country built on grace and redemption. We should be proud to hush out the injustices that have plagued our country for years because of people like him. Trump is a product of immigration and so is his wife and ex-wives.

I'm so thankful I am around people that are loving, caring and have a pure heart. I'm proud that my family, friends and co workers are about sharing and building this country to be a better world because regardless people are people and they are who they are. Hate is too big a burden.

When you are speaking and showing your racist and sexist rhetoric, you are only doing a disadvantage to yourself. Time's up ractists! You will be suspended, sued, arrest or called out as you should be. No more getting away with hatred. You don't get that claim anymore and shouldn't want it. People aren't going away. We might as well accept one another to make it a better place for future generations. If not, stay in your bubble and watch this country become even more colorful!
Because those illegal immigrants make up a fraction of the millions of illegal immigrants there area, which over half are from Mexico. The law though applies to all equally, or should, but with limited resources, you go after the biggest problems first.

How do you know the ones you ran into were illegal? Do people you encounter like make an announcement to you they are illegal? I lived in Miami for several years now, and not one single person has ever announced to me they are illegally here, and I am certain there are plenty of them here.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:51 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notrhj View Post
Spend the night with my little sister and get a tune-up regardless of race, color, creed, religion, or sex.
Yeah. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the guy got the crap beat out of him because he was banging little sister not because he was black.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:22 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:

Anyone who watches Dog the Bounty Hunter knows you should tread lightly around Samoans and their sisters.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:26 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
I think we went too far when we started considering the language used by people during an altercation a "hate crime". Obviously if you're mad enough to beat on someone you're going to say the worst things you can think of at the time, which is human nature. I'll never accept this particular point of law because we got it wrong.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:44 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Because those illegal immigrants make up a fraction of the millions of illegal immigrants there area, which over half are from Mexico. The law though applies to all equally, or should, but with limited resources, you go after the biggest problems first.

How do you know the ones you ran into were illegal? Do people you encounter like make an announcement to you they are illegal? I lived in Miami for several years now, and not one single person has ever announced to me they are illegally here, and I am certain there are plenty of them here.

No, you don't single out one group when there is a problem as a whole. That is called racism. Well, no one announces anything but when you make a point to get to know people of all cultures and have conversations, you find out things. Most of the racist here don't have a relationship with people of other races, cultures, religions etc.other than their own kind. That's one of the roots of the problems. When you embrace folks, you learn and are accepting of different people. When you know the world of people you live around, you do better as a human, you live better. Racist, bigots and sexist are not. Big difference. They use their power to throw around their negative behavior. That's how I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies