Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 07:49 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,634,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Not really all that interesting, from Reuters:

"The order by the judge is considered routine, and the government by law is required to turn over such information to the defense if it exists."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1E62YJ
It doesn't appear to be routine for the FISA court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 07:52 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,634,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The reasons he would delay sentencing would be more information or possibly the fact that Flynn may have lied. Anyone that thinks that Flynn is getting the charges dropped lives in another universe.
Offering testimony of a liar might not be the ace in the hole Mueller thinks it is.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:29 AM

37,150 posts, read 19,160,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Offering testimony of a liar might not be the ace in the hole Mueller thinks it is.
Flynn may never be called to testify. His job is to draw a map of where the bodies are buried. Mueller has other staff to dig them up.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
My link proves nothing?

It is confirmation and the reasoning behind Flynn's attorney's filing a motion to have all charges dropped.
Paul Manafort, & Gates are also going to file the same motions.

Mueller has been castrated.

https://www.teaparty.org/roger-stone...-video-288749/
"Narional Sentinel" followed by "Roger Stone". The old one-two punch. I'll bet Mueller can't wait to get back to his office and hide under his desk.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Is it just me, or has that whole "shocking memo" thing fizzled out like one of Kim's first missile attempts ? The Republicans and Trump played it up as if it was going to wipe the Mueller investigation off the map, and it lasted, what, about 15 minutes ?

No matter how they attempt to derail this investigation, Mueller is like a rock, he ignores it all and keeps working away. If only the rest of his Republican buddies were so honest and dedicated, maybe we could respect them a lot more.

Mueller is doing exactly what we hoped he would do, dig for the truth, no matter where it takes him.
The Nunes Memo was a smoking cap gun.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:34 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,089,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Not really all that interesting, from Reuters:

"The order by the judge is considered routine, and the government by law is required to turn over such information to the defense if it exists."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1E62YJ
It's normal for the defense to ask the judge for all the evidence when the defense is contesting the charges, but here the judge, on his own, ordered Muller to turn everything over.

I have the feeling the judge knows more that we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It sounds very much like you are making up motives as you go along. People are sick of the fake BS.
What?

I said the sentencing was postponed, and I provided court documents to prove it.

I also said the judge order Mueller to turn over all evidence to the court, I provided the court order to prove it.

What part did I make up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The reasons he would delay sentencing would be more information or possibly the fact that Flynn may have lied. Anyone that thinks that Flynn is getting the charges dropped lives in another universe.
I've said that Flynn's charges could possible be dropped. There is evidence that the FISA warrant used to spy on Flynn may be invalid, possibly making some of the evidence against Flynn not admissible in court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Is it just me, or has that whole "shocking memo" thing fizzled out like one of Kim's first missile attempts ? The Republicans and Trump played it up as if it was going to wipe the Mueller investigation off the map, and it lasted, what, about 15 minutes ?

It hasn't fizzled out. In fact, to the contrary, even more information has been coming out, its just that the msm has been ignoring it.

They are going to let Mueller's investigation continue, they are just making it clear that the investigation started on false pretenses.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:35 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,898,576 times
Mueller is still getting info from Flynn, or following leads that Flynn gave him. He may need to go back to Flynn for clarification or validation. Mueller isn't stupid, he doesn't want to cut Flynn loose until he's done with him.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:36 AM

8,060 posts, read 3,940,144 times
Ever since Contreras was removed from the Flynn case, it's hard to tell what's going on.

It does seem strange Sullivan has ordered Mueller to turn over "Brady material" after Flynn has already pled guilty.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:48 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,089,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Mueller is still getting info from Flynn, or following leads that Flynn gave him. He may need to go back to Flynn for clarification or validation. Mueller isn't stupid, he doesn't want to cut Flynn loose until he's done with him.
Flynn will still be bound to this deal, even after being sentenced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Ever since Contreras was removed from the Flynn case, it's hard to tell what's going on.

It does seem strange Sullivan has ordered Mueller to turn over "Brady material" after Flynn has already pled guilty.
I agree, there is no way we can know what will happen, but one thing is for sure, this case has taken a turn that is not normal.

Lets also not forget that the new judge in this case is well known for not taking crap from the government, and will hold them to account if they mislead the court.

If Flynn decides to contest the charges, he couldn't have gotten a better judge appointed to his case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
New day, new threads premised on lies, misinformed and wildly inaccurate conjecture. Nothing to see here but BS
This is not a new thread, and it is based on court documents, so how is it a lie?

Last edited by stburr91; 02-11-2018 at 08:57 AM..

Old 02-11-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

It hasn't fizzled out. In fact, to the contrary, even more information has been coming out, its just that the msm has been ignoring it.
MSM is horrible about not creating stories where none exist. They should fix that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies