Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2018, 05:49 PM

1,239 posts, read 510,479 times

Advertisements

You know that the memo is a dud when Fox News isn't even discussing it anymore. Last 10 minutes have been about the riots at Berkley last year.

I'm sure Tucker will have some good spin, but this has been an epic fail for the Republicans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
According to Senator Mark Warner, "“so little” of the document “has been fully proven, or conversely, disproven.”

Of course, the bolded part of that statement clearly illustrates the warped mind of a liberal democrat.

For those of you that cannot think for yourselves, Warner is basically saying that if you are a liberal democrat and walk the liberal democrat line, you are entitled to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. Otherwise, you are guilty until proven innocent.

Warner: Steele Dossier Still Unverified | The Daily Caller
Why quote someone when you're not even answering their question? Trobesmom, that's my understanding as well.

Last edited by Sactown4; 02-02-2018 at 05:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 05:53 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
You know that the memo is a dud, when Fox News isn't even discussing it anymore. Last 10 minutes have been about the riots at Berkley last year.

I'm sure Tucker will have some good spin, but this has been an epic fail for the Republicans.
Wow, if Fox isn't talking about it anymore you know it was a dud.

And thanks, Sactown, for biting the bullet and watching that dreck for us. Most people with working grey matter stay far away from that cesspool.

Old 02-02-2018, 05:55 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
You know that the memo is a dud, when Fox News isn't even discussing it anymore. Last 10 minutes have been about the riots at Berkley last year.

True.

It is page 4 of the memo where the GOP admits the dossier had nothing to do with the original FISA and had little to do with continued monitoring Page.

Thank you Nunes!

Did GOP voters actually elect this guy or did the DNC elect him to make GOP Congressman look like idiots.

Smart.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:00 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,694,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
From what I understand, parts of the dossier have been verified. The FISA warrant was issued prior to the dossier. The dossier wasn't the only evidence the judge used to renew the warrant. Carter Page has been on the FBI's radar for years.
Carter Page is a fascinating figure in the investigation. It is difficult to determine just where this guy rates. Was he an important, foreign policy adviser to the president, with numerous Russian connections, or was he a "low-level volunteer," as referred to in the revised WH story.

Originally targeted by the Russians as someone they could use, they later called him an idiot. Now, if you look this guy up, you'll see that he is anything but an idiot. He has an impressive background, including graduating from the Naval Academy and serving in the Navy for five years. He was a VP for Merrill Lynch before starting his own firm, Global Energy Capitol, LLC. He teaches at NYU, and is a fellow at the Council for National Policy.

Now, Page may have just gotten in over his head, pumping up his value in order to play with the big boys on the world stage. Not really an idiot, maybe a little naive to think that he could handle the deep water he found himself in. OTOH, what if the Ruskies were trying to provide cover for him when they called him an idiot. Maybe he was a key player in carrying messages from the campaign to Putin, and vice versa.

I can't wait until some of these indicted individuals go to trial, when I may finally get some answers to the questions I have about Carter Page.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:00 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
It is page 4 of the memo where the GOP admits the dossier had nothing to do with the original FISA and had little to do with continued monitoring Page.

Thank you Nunes!
"The Popadoupolis information triggered the opening of the FBI counterintelligence in late July 2016 by FBI agent Pete Strzok."

Old 02-02-2018, 06:02 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
Carter Page is a fascinating figure in the investigation. It is difficult to determine just where this guy rates. Was he an important, foreign policy adviser to the president, with numerous Russian connections, or was he a "low-level volunteer," as referred to in the revised WH story.

Originally targeted by the Russians as someone they could use, they later called him an idiot. Now, if you look this guy up, you'll see that he is anything but an idiot. He has an impressive background, including graduating from the Naval Academy and serving in the Navy for five years. He was a VP for Merrill Lynch before starting his own firm, Global Energy Capitol, LLC. He teaches at NYU, and is a fellow at the Council for National Policy.

Now, Page may have just gotten in over his head, pumping up his value in order to play with the big boys on the world stage. Not really an idiot, maybe a little naive to think that he could handle the deep water he found himself in. OTOH, what if the Ruskies were trying to provide cover for him when they called him an idiot. Maybe he was a key player in carrying messages from the WH to Putin, and vice versa.

I can't wait until some of these indicted individuals go to trial, when I may finally get some answers to the questions I have about Carter Page.
Page was simply a way to get to Trump by the DNC

Old 02-02-2018, 06:04 PM

1,743 posts, read 991,977 times
BREAKING: Senate Judiciary Committee to Release Memo on FBI, Christopher Steele and Russia Dossier

Quote:
Paul Sperry of the New York Post reported, “BREAKING: The Senate Judiciary Committee also has a memo on Steele, the dossier and the FBI, and is working to get it declassified.”

It is being reported that several memos will be released and the worst is yet to come.
BREAKING: Senate Judiciary Committee to Release Memo on FBI, Christopher Steele and Russia Dossier

Old 02-02-2018, 06:05 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
Apparently you're unaware that the Democrats have been trying to get their side of this issue known by releasing a memo, but the Repubs on the House Intelligence Committee are fighting it every step of the way. They voted against releasing the 10-page memo, even though House Speaker Ryan said that it should be released.

If you're not getting the whole story, you don't know what you think you know.
It is Director Wray and the FBI/DOJ who said there were material omissions from the memo. So, are there material omissions, or not? If there are then tell us what they are.

It is not the Democrats in Congress that need to do this. It is Wray and the FBI/DOJ. Failure to provide this information soon will just cause their credibility to be eroded even more than it already has been.

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Did GOP voters actually elect this guy or did the DNC elect him to make GOP Congressman look like idiots.
I have actually asked myself that question for a while. I am not sure what else you would do differently to make it worse, he always doubles down, and Trump WAS a personal friend of the Clintons before he wasn't. Hmmm

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Page was simply a way to get to Trump by the DNC
trump put page on his national security advisory team. how did the DNC have any part in that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies