Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2018, 07:46 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
The more I ponder how much of a boondoggle the Republicans have wrought upon themselves, the more I am convinced that Mueller very well attempt to indict Trump in court, bypassing the inept Congress.

Whooo-boy..
I read an article to this effect today. The case would likely be tried in the Supreme Court.

All this talk that Trump can't be indicted and can only be impeached may not be true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 07:49 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
All those questions raised by the committee can be easily addressed by congress, they are supposed to provide oversight of the FBI and other departments. Special prosecutors are mainly for constitutional issues as was the case in Watergate, Reagan, Clinton. We need congress to do the job they were elected to perform, if there is an abuse of the FISA Warrant system that is well within their authority.

The head of the DOJ and FBI are Trump appointments, they should be able to address the issues raised internally. They are also held accountable by congress but I don't believe that was their purpose in releasing this memo.

I just heard Nunes plans to release a memo on the State Department, what exactly does that accomplish.
I am curious too. Perhaps it is that the State Department should be abolished?

Or is he going to rehash the HRC State Department?

Old 02-03-2018, 07:50 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I thought y'all hate Fox News and call them "Faux News" and now you're quoting them? Too funny!
Shep is their token liberal mouthpiece along with a couple others like Juan Williams so they can claim "fair and balanced"...
I wonder when the other "news" channels will do the same and populate their staff with some conservatives?
I watch all sorts of news shows. Research info online.

Use powers of reasoning to separate the truth from spin, lies, and conspiracy tales.

You should try it some time. You might be amazed.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:51 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I watch all sorts of news shows. Research info online.

Use powers of reasoning to separate the truth from spin, lies, and conspiracy tales.

You should try it some time. You might be amazed.
And you fail miserably.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:52 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
This is the underlying or root investigative question. As opposed to protecting Mr. Trump's best interest, the focus is to protect the best interest of US.
This isn't about protecting Trump's best interest. Like you state: "the focus is to protect the best interest of US." Nobody and no politician should be allowed to make up a story to bring down their opponent on lies and distortions. But that is the way that 'traditional' politics worked. This has elevated that to another level where it involves our Justice Department. It is one thing to say that my opponent secretly smokes and he does; it is another thing to accuse your opponent of siding with the enemy and starting a year long investigation. That is going too far and people should be charged if the information is verified in that memo.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:54 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
This isn't about protecting Trump's best interest. Like you state: "the focus is to protect the best interest of US." Nobody and no politician should be allowed to make up a story to bring down their opponent on lies and distortions. But that is the way that 'traditional' politics worked. This has elevated that to another level where it involves our Justice Department. It is one thing to say that my opponent secretly smokes and he does; it is another thing to accuse your opponent of siding with the enemy and starting a year long investigation. That is going too far and people should be charged if the information is verified in that memo.
Yes!

Old 02-03-2018, 07:58 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
When you say "We" you are referring to US as in 'We the people'?

I'm asking because that information is likely available & is part of the ongoing investigation.
Yes. We the people.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:59 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
I am curious too. Perhaps it is that the State Department should be abolished?

Or is he going to rehash the HRC State Department?
Trump and Tillerson have already gotten rid of the section dealing with sanctions. Wonder why, eh?

American foreign policy is adrift in the world and our diplomatic corps is demoralized. Many have quit or transferred out.

Not sure there is much left to abolish.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:00 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,032,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
As is usually the case, it's somewhere in the middle of the extremes.

Wasn't there a vote in the House to release this? Why are you blaming Trump as if he just took the memo and tweeted it out?
Why am I blaming Trump? Because the Republican party is full of cowards, and if Trump decided that Friday was "drive to work drunk and nude day," most of the gutless toadies in the House would do just that to appease Dear Leader. They will do ANYTHING Trump says, and no longer seem to have any thoughts of their own. So, if the right is suggesting some stupid, look to Trump as the inspiration for it.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:00 AM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The FBI said it was fine to release.
Did they? I am sure you didn't just make that up so would you be so kind as to provide a source?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies