Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2018, 11:38 AM

66 posts, read 31,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Actually Obama did know about it before the election and he was urged to go public with it.

He elected to not go public with it as he was concerned that it would appear to be taking sides or putting his finger on the scale. I'm sure he regrets it now.
Obama knew about Russian hacking and trying to influence elections since he first got into office in 2008.
But I guess since the Dems were in power and stayed in power it was "no big deal".
It wasn't until they lost the Oval Office that it became an "issue".

Exclusive: Russian Hackers Attacked the 2008 Obama Campaign
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 11:52 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,969,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, Comey fixed by the last minute announcement about re-opening Clinton investigation. That doomed Hillary.
It was only last minute because they ignored the laptop handed over to them by the NY atty office working on the Weiner case weeks/months earlier. They closed the case without addressing or reviewing it. The NY office was leaking that info and they had no choice but to save face and reopen.

Old 02-03-2018, 11:55 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,610,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tams3757 View Post
Obama knew about Russian hacking and trying to influence elections since he first got into office in 2008.
But I guess since the Dems were in power and stayed in power it was "no big deal".
It wasn't until they lost the Oval Office that it became an "issue".

Exclusive: Russian Hackers Attacked the 2008 Obama Campaign
They were phished in 2008. As was McCain. As was probably you and I. Ten years later it's a much more sophisticated operation. And yes, the nation is woefully behind on cybersecurity and much of that can be laid at the feet of the Obama administration and the congress who don't want to pay for it.

What's your point? That we shouldn't do anything now? I'm angry that he didn't speak up about it in 2016 when it was grossly obvious. I will also be angry if I find out any politician or elected official who claims to be an "American" went along with them by having meetings and encouraging it. Or should we not feel that way?

Old 02-03-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, Comey fixed by the last minute announcement about re-opening Clinton investigation. That doomed Hillary.
I think Hillary was already doomed well before Comey's announcement.

The woman nobody wanted bullied her way into the nomination.

Old 02-03-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
They were phished in 2008. As was McCain. As was probably you and I. Ten years later it's a much more sophisticated operation. And yes, the nation is woefully behind on cybersecurity and much of that can be laid at the feet of the Obama administration and the congress who don't want to pay for it.

What's your point? That we shouldn't do anything now? I'm angry that he didn't speak up about it in 2016 when it was grossly obvious. I will also be angry if I find out any politician or elected official who claims to be an "American" went along with them by having meetings and encouraging it. Or should we not feel that way?
Just seems to me that what we are doing now is looking for a crime to get Trump out of office.

I don't see much going on about cybersecurity and elections, taking Facebook and other media sources to task for not verifying their sources, etc.

All I see is DC intent on finding a crime to impeach Trump and get him out of office.

Old 02-03-2018, 12:05 PM

17,937 posts, read 27,365,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekistanirefugee View Post
That didnt take long. Every one of these traitors should be locked up and this is just the tip of the iceberg. Using surveillance and the intelligence agencies against a political campaign is beyond vile and real third world type of stuff. It goes far beyond these people named and everyone knows it. We need more fighters like this in the congress

“The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence memorandum on the FBI abuse of FISA warrants and targeting a sitting President is not just evidence of incompetence but clear and convincing evidence of treason….”

“I will be leading a letter to the Attorney General seeking criminal prosecution against these traitors to our nation.”

Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ) said that that he will seek the criminal prosecution of FBI and DOJ officials for the “full throated adoption of this illegal misconduct and abuse of FISA by James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Sally Yates and Rod Rosenstein” who Gosar called “traitors to our nation.”

Former FBI Director James Comey was entrusted with one of the most powerful positions in the world. Sadly, he intentionally abused his power in an effort to destroy Donald Trump’s presidency. He should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and sent to prison for his crimes.

No one is above the law. No one.”

https://twitter.com/RepGosar/status/959508977095602176
It is proper and justly proper under the jurisdiction of Congress to go after a corrupt FBI or other gov't agencies.

This is glorious, to actually see Congress to even threaten to do their job, especially when it's something this impactful.

This is what I meant by heads will roll and skulls will be cracked.

FBI... Waa! Not My Memo! Waa! Not My Pwesident! Waa! I'm gonna quit, waa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
It gets worse.

"Gosar revealed he would seek “criminal prosecution against these traitors to our nation.”

Under the U.S. constitution, the FBI and Justice Department officials could be put to death if found guilty of treason."

GOP Rep. To Seek CRIMINAL PROSECUTION of FBI, DOJ Officials over "TREASON" in FISA Memo
Yikes.

Maybe heads will roll.

Or maybe no, hopefully.

Just stop being so corrupt! Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If it wernt for Comey re opening the case against Hillary a week before the elections Hillary may well have gone on to win the election. i dont see your beef with Comey.
Wrong. Trump voters voted for Trump, and they beat the ass off of Crooked Hillary Rodham Clinton, the DOJ, the FBI, the CIA, the EPA, the IRS, the media, the Never-Trumpers, the Trump haters, and probably Russia.

Quote:
Abuse of FISA goes back for a good many years and covers both parties when they held power.

99% of the FISA requests get approved. And for those denied there's another secret FISA appeals panel which usually grants the appeal. How's that for protecting our rights to privacy ?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/1088740001/

So this elected official is doing nothing more than a dog and pony show for the media.
Nothing will happen because nothing has happened since FISA first became law in 1978.
This just keeps pissing me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
And people thought Drain The Swamp was just a catchy campaign line.
They forget, unlike the others Trump is not here to get rich and popular (he already was), he's here to get things DONE.
That is right.

Blasphemy to the left, but unpredictable as Providence. God Bless America... it angers radical atheists er! Democrats when you do that.

Last edited by McGowdog; 02-03-2018 at 12:42 PM..

Old 02-03-2018, 12:06 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,965,956 times
Just imagine if Trump never won. We would have never known the level of corruptions inside the DNC , Clinton Campaign, and DOJ/FBI. This is concerning....

So many liberals are so brainwashed on social media that they are still pushing Russian Collusion. Here is clear evidence and they still believe the lies.....

Old 02-03-2018, 12:06 PM

17,372 posts, read 9,198,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Does anyone recall the exact timeline of the dossier getting into the FBI's hands as revealed in the Intelligence Committee's transcript from the Simpson interview which was released last month?
This is the Transcript of the House Intelligence interview with Simpson. It's very odd in many ways - one of the odd things are the redacted names of Minority members who asked questions. I wonder why the Democrat Members of the Intelligence Committee did not want their names to be part of the public record? They must think their names are a matter of "National Security". . This was the 2nd attempt at Simpson testimony before the House - in the first attempt he sent a letter saying he would plead the 5th. They essentially had to give him some immunity to testify and his attorneys (who also represent Steele) would not allow him to answer certain questions.

Steele wanted to take information to the FBI right after he wrote the first Memo on June 20. He took it to them on July 4 - all dates are 2016. Testimony to the House Intelligence Committee was on Tuesday, November 14, 2017. Simpson testified at least twice to the Senate Committees but they have totally different "rules" than the House Committees have ... which I was not aware of.

[i]Q: Switching gears a little bit, going over to you testified earlier that Mr. Steele
went to the FBI at a certain point in time, approximately late June 2016. Is that correct?
A Yeah . I think what I said was he raised the issue of going to the FBI with me after the first memo. And I didn't give him an answer or I didn't sign off an that. And then he raised it again a few days later.
And by approximately early July, like 1st or 2nd, I had given my assent to him doing it as a professional obligation or a citizenship obligation. And then that's when he did it, sometime around the 4th of July.
Q So in early July, is it fair to say in early July that you knew that Mr. Steele had taken some information to the FBI?

A Yes. The -- originally, he told me: I met with them and I informed them of my concerns. And they said thank you and said they would get back to us if they were going to follow up, if they needed to follow up. (pg 77)[i]

Simpson said that they went to work for the DNC/Hillary Campaign in late May/early June. That the Steel Memos were first written on June 20 and that he went to the FBI with his memos on July 4-5. Simpson said the the FBI never talked to anyone at GPS Fusion except for Chris Steele and that after Thanksgiving the Bruce Ohr contacted Simpson for meetings/information. Chris Steele set up the meeting between Ohr and Simpson as he knew Bruce Ohr (Nellie Ohr worked for Steele).

We know that Thanksgiving date is a LIE because Ohr testified that he met with Steele in September and recounts what Steele told him - "In September 2016, Steele admitted to Ohr his feelings against then-candidate Trump when Steele said he “was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being president,” - according to the released Nunes Memo.

MR. QUIGLEY: When exactly did he start working under contract?
MR. SIMPSON: My recollection is that, you know, we began talking about
the -- I don't remember when we started talking about the engagement, but the work started in June, I believe.
MR. QUIGLEY: MR. SIMPSON: MR. QUIGLEY:
Okay.
Possibly late May, but -
And when would you have gotten the first batch of information, or was it all at once? ·
MR. SIMPSON: The first memo is dated, I think, June 20th, somewhere around there. Pg 78-79

I'm still slogging my way through this entire Transcript - some of it is pretty wild and pretty revealing.

Last edited by Kibby; 02-03-2018 at 12:44 PM..

Old 02-03-2018, 12:09 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,926,797 times
It gets worse.

"Gosar revealed he would seek “criminal prosecution against these traitors to our nation.”

Under the U.S. constitution, the FBI and Justice Department officials could be put to death if found guilty of treason."

GOP Rep. To Seek CRIMINAL PROSECUTION of FBI, DOJ Officials over "TREASON" in FISA Memo

Old 02-03-2018, 12:09 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,610,750 times
Quote:
Just seems to me that what we are doing now is looking for a crime to get Trump out of office.

I don't see much going on about cybersecurity and elections, taking Facebook and other media sources to task for not verifying their sources, etc.

All I see is DC intent on finding a crime to impeach Trump and get him out of office.
You aren't watching the right news.

There has been a lot of activity between the government and Facebook and Twitter to clean up their acts. They were initially fighting back but are not trying to find ways to do just that. They are seeking out and deleting fake Russia accounts and Facebook is looking to remove fake news from such accounts as it's posted.

Personally, I am not sure that Trump himself committed a crime. Unfortunately, the actions of those around him, especially his son, do not look honest and they continue to make themselves look worse every time they speak. Too many lies coming from them. If they are innocent, they have the WORST public relations advisors I've ever seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies