Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2018, 06:10 PM

56,986 posts, read 25,943,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Fusion GPS is not a new player on the field. Their hiring Steele was after the RNC deal, and you know that. All this stinks to hell, and it is SO obvious the prior administration used our FBI, and DOJ to tilt the election, but FAILED! Now it's the "Insurance Policy" being exposed.

That abuse of our Constitution and law and order cannot be ignored or excused!
Yes Steele was brought on board after the DNC funding, nothing else you stated is factual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 06:12 PM

8,480 posts, read 3,297,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'll give you that the Dems and Reps are both found wanting in a lot of areas. The bottom line for me is Mueller is investigating the Russians interfering in our elections. Everyone in this country should be glad about that. We should all sit back and let that investigation go where it goes. What's the most disturbing thing of all is that Trump refuses to admit what is a fact agreed upon by our national security agencies. He refuses to enforce the sanctions that were voted on in Congress. Why is he defending Russia as vehemently as he is while calling the citizens of his own country traitors? It's abhorrent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Incorrect.

He's charged with finding “any links and/or coordination between Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump.

We know now that it's a witch hunt against Donald Trump based now, as we have discovered, based on crooked Hillary Clinton Opposition Research as she conspired with Obama to get Trump.

It's a now big **** sandwich for the Democrats, Hillary, Obama Administration and the FBI. I'm glad to see them exposed for what they were.
No need to chastise Trobesmom.

The "Russian investigations" BEGAN in JULY 2016 with Comey and the FBI investigating Russian meddling in the elections. The FISA warrant involving Carter Page was not issued until OCTOBER 2016. Mueller was appointed in May 2017 right after Trump made the stunningly ill-considered decision to fire Comey.

MUELLER's authority (yes, you're correct ... to investigate “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump,”) ALSO includes “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.”

Here, Mueller can pursue any other criminality he may come upon, analogous to the Ken Starr and Monica Lewinsky situation. Reportedly, he's pursuing five different angles with Carter Page the proverbial drop in the bucket.

1. Preexisting Business Deals and Money Laundering.
2. Russian Information Operations.
3. Active Cyber Intrusions.
4. Russian Campaign Contacts. - Here's where Carter Page (among others, many others) comes in.
5. Obstruction of Justice.
https://www.wired.com/story/bob-muel...han-you-think/

Any wonder that Trump and his attack-dog Nunes are so anxious to shut this down?

Old 02-05-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Who cares whom Carter Page was working with?

Carter Page was good with the FBI yesterday and he's good with the FBI today.

Ok, old business taken care of?

Let's move onto new business.

Steele Criminal Referral...
" it is troubling enough that the Clinton campaign funded Mr. Steele's work, but that these Clinton Associates were contemporaneously feeding Mr. Steele allegations raises additional concerns about his credibility"

-US Congress

This is a lie perpetuated by your fake news.

Republicans initiated opposition research against Trump.

The Crooked Hillary Rodham Clinton DNC funded it and turned it into what is called the Steele Dossier, as well, they were "feeding Steele allegations" to put into that dirt piece of trash.

True dat.
FISA warrants are granted on the basis of reasonable suspicion, it doesn’t imply guilt.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:14 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,550,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
again... that's not my homework.

if i come on here and make a claim i'm prepared to support it. that IS my homework.

if i can't find evidence to support YOUR claim you can always counter that i was inept in my research. that's why demanding someone else supply evidence for your claim is intellectually dishonest.

Your saying the same thing I said. . I agree with you. You came on here claiming a post was wrong, so where is your "Support" you claim to have? I didn't see it, although you claim you have it.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
What are they going to do, admit that they wanted Rogers out because he outed the FBI for illegal spying, or because he told Trump they were spying on him?
So you only have a suspicion no facts.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:16 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,376,975 times
Quote:
Not sure what you're trying to say here.
Here, try this... https://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/brai...7/bezmenov.htm

Interview with Yuri Bezmenov (ex KGB) by Edward Griffin. 1984.

..."
You cannot change their mind even if you expose them to authentic information. Even if you prove that white is white and black is black, you still can not change the basic perception and the logic of behavior"

The soviet Russians infiltrated our institutions throughout the 20th century; failed at home in the early 1990's, and the mess they left here is dying before our eyes.

Enjoy!

Old 02-05-2018, 06:17 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,550,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
FISA warrants are granted on the basis of reasonable suspicion, it doesn’t imply guilt.

Not that simple. A FISA Warrant is not a simple search and seizure warrant by a lesser Court. Evidence is need to support the request, not just a suspicion. Read up on the requirements.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:17 PM

8,480 posts, read 3,297,640 times
Quote:
Huh?
Really ... reading through some of these responses is like being Alice in Wonderland.

Articles cited that indicate the opposite of the point being made (I see that a LOT) ... total disconnects ... .

Old 02-05-2018, 06:23 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,559,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Your saying the same thing I said. . I agree with you. You came on here claiming a post was wrong, so where is your "Support" you claim to have? I didn't see it, although you claim you have it.
What you seem to be saying is that you’ve invented a scenario supported with nothing more than your speculation/imagination and now, when asked to bolster your claim with actual proof, you need to resort to deflection.

This is an age-old tactic based in distraction employed when you have no facts on which you can rely. What’s even more sad is that you’re not even doing it well - it’s all very transparent.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:29 PM

51,598 posts, read 25,609,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Really ... reading through some of these responses is like being Alice in Wonderland.

Articles cited that indicate the opposite of the point being made (I see that a LOT) ... total disconnects ... .
For a time, there was one thread after another where the OP didn't comprehend the articles linked to justify the lurid titles. Sometimes it would be the complete opposite.

It's like Trump announcing he was vindicated by Nunes' nitwit memo.

SMH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies