Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2018, 07:55 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
If it reveals that Meuller's investigation is based upon a false report, it is logical that it should be questioned and potentially disbanded.
It doesn't reveal. It's a narrative based on cherry-picked data. The data that wasn't picked doesn't support the narrative (that's the point of cherry-picking). Because the data was confidential, we don't get transparency, and we don't get a complete picture. That was the point of the FBI statement on Wednesday. Without a complete picture, nothing gets "revealed".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 07:56 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,582,733 times
The longer they hold it, the more I suspect it is not much of a big deal.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:57 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,567,177 times
Let's hold the FBI and their "inaccuracies" to the fire.
Show us exactly what's inaccurate, and don't hide behind "it's classified or under investigation"

Old 02-02-2018, 07:57 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
If they release a redacted version.....it may as well be Cuba.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:58 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
Everyone should remember that the release of the memo is not the end, it's just the beginning.

I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off until Monday, releasing right before the Super Bowl weekend doesn't seem likely to me.

Old 02-02-2018, 08:04 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Let's hold the FBI and their "inaccuracies" to the fire.
Show us exactly what's inaccurate, and don't hide behind, "it's classified."
Do you think that anything merits being "classified"?

Some of our strategies for intelligence-gathering?

The names of some of our confidential sources?

The details of certain intelligence-gathering or military operations?

While I would like much greater transparency in our government, I also appreciate why some records and data are classified. I think that the American people rely on the FBI and NSA and CIA to be effective, and in order to be effective, some information has to be restricted. While there may be times that these agencies and others hide behind "classified", I don't think that that is typical or all-the time.

More than that, I think this memo will outline Nunes' accusations, but won't include any evidence. But people who want to believe those accusations will do so without proof, and those who don't want to believe those accusations won't believe. If Trump really wanted to promote unity, he wouldn't behave in such a partisan manner. But he can't seem to help himself.

Old 02-02-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Everyone should remember that the release of the memo is not the end, it's just the beginning.

I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off until Monday, releasing right before the Super Bowl weekend doesn't seem likely to me.
Lets see:

Constitutional crisis vs. Football game

Old 02-02-2018, 08:05 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Here is the reality of this "memo". First of all, it is the product of the GOP, which naturally is going to have that slant to it. Secondly, the GOP is afraid to allow the Democratic response to be viewed at the same time, because they want the spotlight on THEIR " facts", without any contradicting information.

Finally, anyone with two eyes and two connected brain cells knows the real intent of this timely "memo". It is to discredit our law enforcement agencies and to lay the groundwork to stop the Mueller investigation. PURE AND SIMPLE. A month from now, we won't even remember the contents of what it says.

Old 02-02-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It doesn't reveal. It's a narrative based on cherry-picked data. The data that wasn't picked doesn't support the narrative (that's the point of cherry-picking). Because the data was confidential, we don't get transparency, and we don't get a complete picture. That was the point of the FBI statement on Wednesday. Without a complete picture, nothing gets "revealed".
Oh boy. You're still there huh?

Old 02-02-2018, 08:07 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,986,761 times
Default Can Schiff make it any more Obvious......?

any more Obvious......that the Memo is going to hurt the democrats. He first said its going to ruin the FBI, then it was going to be a threat to our security, then it was blaming them for changing the memo.

This guy has gone non-stop every single day for the past week. I thought he worked for CNN for a second.

I really didn't care much about the memo but seeing people trembling with fear like Schiff... it makes ya think?

What are people like him trying to hide? All of us are Americans , we all deserve to see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies