Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 02:43 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
All statistics show the 70’s were much worse. We just did not have the internet.
Oh? Please do show us "All statistics" detailing all the mass shootings for sport that occurred in the '70s. It may shock you but news actually made the rounds even without the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Well as long as the people visit the hollywood violence, then it will continue. And as long as the millions support the NRA more guns will be out there for a child to pick up.

Why do people need several? WHy even one, unless a game hunter. And I have a tough time with that in my old years.

On hollywood who employs millions of people, if they only produced peace movies, they would not make money to pay their workers. It's a vicious cycle but I don't support those violent flicks.
Because there is a bill of rights that states the right to life liberty pursuits of happiness...
And a second amendment.

My pursuits of happiness involve any and everything mechanical.
Hot rods. Dirtbikes. Quads. Motorcycles. Guns. Jet skis. Stock cars.

I'll own as much as I want of anything. I don't owe you nor anyone an explanation as for why. Nor do I tell anyone what their hobbies should be and shouldn't be and have a need expressed or interpreted to justify.

NRA? You idiots are in fear of the Fudd organization known as the NRA? LOL Okie dokie...

Old 02-01-2018, 02:47 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Nobody is into school shootings.

Old 02-01-2018, 03:22 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
There no money in peace. Peace is anti-depopulation. Peace does not sell books, movies, or tv programs. Would anyone watch the nightly nights if the talking heads announced, "...another peaceful day. The sun came up and went down. All was quiet and serene?"

People love blood and guts. They all slow down at a traffic accident, not to help, but to gawk. People enjoy watching misery and suffering.

Every day our news media stirs the pot in an effort to pit one group against another.
Blacks against whites, women against men, America against any country our warmongers point a finger at, keeping that pot stirred with a soup of hate is their goal.

Is it any wonder that legalized marijuana is spreading across the country?

Or simply take a soma. Ahh, peace.

Old 02-01-2018, 03:43 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
The school shooting is all over my radio now and a caller called in about a 12 yr old bringing a rifle onto school grounds...the angry parents are the owners and one psychologist called in a said the more guns one owns the more paranoid that person is. So he/she keeps guns close by and ready to use. Yikes.....

How did I ever make it to 79 and never even held a gun...and I have not been sleeping all my life.

I get the de-population comment, and I'm sure every parent who has a child shot or killed goes right to well...it's helping the population growth.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 02-01-2018 at 03:54 PM..

Old 02-01-2018, 04:15 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Well as long as the people visit the hollywood violence, then it will continue. And as long as the millions support the NRA more guns will be out there for a child to pick up.

Why do people need several? WHy even one, unless a game hunter. And I have a tough time with that in my old years.

On hollywood who employs millions of people, if they only produced peace movies, they would not make money to pay their workers. It's a vicious cycle but I don't support those violent flicks.
When I was "child" I use to run off with my dad's guns. I never shot anyone or anything living really not including trees and plants with them.

Why do we need even one gun for non-hunting purposes? Hmm . That's a toughy. Maybe because people try to break into homes and kill the home owner. Why do people need one or more of anything? Why does anyone need more than one pair of socks ?

Do you or would you want to take people's guns away? If so, you're not a pacifist more like a tyrant.

Old 02-01-2018, 04:42 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
and not more and more killings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacifism

Another LA school shooting today. 12 yr old supposedly fired the gun.

The PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I wish nothing more than to live my life in peace. Though I practice a few various martial skills such as shooting, archery and even swordsmanship I have no desire to employ these skills on anything more than paper targets, bales of straw and tatami mats and watermelons.

But there is a segment of the population that does not feel the same way. They would do harm to me and mine if they can and many of them for no better reason than they like hurting others. Just because they feel they can.

Old 02-01-2018, 04:57 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,354,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
When I was "child" I use to run off with my dad's guns. I never shot anyone or anything living really not including trees and plants with them.

Why do we need even one gun for non-hunting purposes? Hmm . That's a toughy. Maybe because people try to break into homes and kill the home owner. Why do people need one or more of anything? Why does anyone need more than one pair of socks ?

Do you or would you want to take people's guns away? If so, you're not a pacifist more like a tyrant.
Indeed! It's going to take people with guns to go on house to house searches rounding up people in order to take their guns. I guess they're okay with guns as long as they've got the guns to do it with.

Thank God for the 2nd Amendment who's purpose is to prevent that.

Old 02-01-2018, 05:01 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
and not more and more killings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacifism

Another LA school shooting today. 12 yr old supposedly fired the gun.

The PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you point to me a country that has zero killings? North Korea? Happy travels! Enjoy being a pacifist...

Old 02-01-2018, 05:01 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,354,336 times
Quote:
The school shooting is all over my radio now and a caller called in about a 12 yr old bringing a rifle onto school grounds...the angry parents are the owners and one psychologist called in a said the more guns one owns the more paranoid that person is. So he/she keeps guns close by and ready to use. Yikes.....

How did I ever make it to 79 and never even held a gun...and I have not been sleeping all my life.

I get the de-population comment, and I'm sure every parent who has a child shot or killed goes right to well...it's helping the population growth.
I see you're from California, a state with some of the most if not thee most restrictive gun laws in the nation. How on earth could something like this happen there? And by a twelve year old?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies