Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 08:30 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,370,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
Have you looked at the futures for tomorrow? It’s already trending at a loss of 600 points, give it 3 more days of downtrend and that gain a year ago is gone. That’s huge considering a whole year of gains are lost for those that didn’t sell (which is most citizens)

The biggest issue is seemingly there isn’t an issue like war of economic instability to turn the stock market on its head like it did
and.....

hey buddy ..do you THINK the SM(stock market) is for QUICK gains....is it family feud with fast money......no its LOOOOOOONNNNGGG term

my investments started the dow was around 2k......its WAAAAAAAAYYYYY up

during the recession when it dropped to 6k...... I doubled down, instead of running.......my investment...waaaayyyy up

and guess what...it will go up again

is it going to drop today... probably.... we NEED a correction.... shake the nervous nellies out of the game

Last edited by workingclasshero; 02-06-2018 at 08:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 08:33 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,141,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and.....

hey buddy ..do you THINK the SM(stock market) is for QUICK gains....is it family feud with fast money......no its LOOOOOOONNNNGGG term

my investments started the dow was around 2k......its WAAAAAAAAYYYYY up

and guess what...it will go up again

is it going to drop today... probably.... we NEED a correction.... shake the nervous nellies out of the game
If the stock market is nothing and it’s not for short term gains (day traders wouldn’t exist or hell even hedge funds). The stock market loosing a trillion in value over a short period of time is a cause of concern

Since trump was bragging about record highs last week, he should be addressing our record lows this week

This is why you never saw Obama use the stock market as an indicator of his success

Old 02-06-2018, 08:34 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,379,826 times
Dow plunges...Time to buy more on the dip and what for Donnie to brag (he won't )about this plunge the way he tries to take credit for the market jump!

Old 02-06-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
If the stock market is nothing and it’s not for short term gains (day traders wouldn’t exist or hell even hedge funds). The stock market loosing a trillion in value over a short period of time is a cause of concern

Since trump was bragging about record highs last week, he should be addressing our record lows this week

This is why you never saw Obama use the stock market as an indicator of his success
what record lows..... it is still 3k higher than a year ago..... record lows? why lie...is the dow back to 1500???

the stockmarket is NOT an indicator of the economy.....the economy is doing great...at or near full employment...wage gains better than the anemic economy of obozo

meanwhile dumbocrats are more worried about illegals than anything else

Old 02-06-2018, 08:49 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,141,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
what record lows..... it is still 3k higher than a year ago..... record lows? why lie...is the dow back to 1500???

the stockmarket is NOT an indicator of the economy.....the economy is doing great...at or near full employment...wage gains better than the anemic economy of obozo

meanwhile dumbocrats are more worried about illegals than anything else
Let me clarify, record DIP.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...-time.amp.html

I didn’t say the stock market was an indicator of the economy, I’m just repeating the stance of Your president that bragged about it at the SOTU

You actually believe our unemployment statistics, trump and co were screaming how fake they were under Obama’s administration. Wage gains were already in place prior to Trump, did you forget the rise of minimum wage In pretty much every state? Ironically, the right constantly complained about it saying it would cause inflation.

I’m not sure why I am even bothering responding to someone that types like they are a pubescent teen

Old 02-06-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Let me clarify, record DIP.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...-time.amp.html

I didn’t say the stock market was an indicator of the economy, I’m just repeating the stance of Your president that bragged about it at the SOTU

You actually believe our unemployment statistics, trump and co were screaming how fake they were under Obama’s administration. Wage gains were already in place prior to Trump, did you forget the rise of minimum wage In pretty much every state? Ironically, the right constantly complained about it saying it would cause inflation.

I’m not sure why I am even bothering responding to someone that types like they are a pubescent teen
and there you have it folks... when a liberal feels they are losing an argument...the personal insults come out

Old 02-06-2018, 08:59 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,395,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Still waiting for the fat man to say something about the largest point decrease in the HISTORY of the stock market!

Perhaps you have something to say that explains this since your boy is apparently on mute - I'm waiting?
Since he has spent the last several months bragging and bragging about his stock market - time NOW to be a LEADER and come out and reassure the people that your stupid administration at LEAST has an eye on things.

Shoulda kept Janet Yellen.

Old 02-06-2018, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Since he has spent the last several months bragging and bragging about his stock market - time NOW to be a LEADER and come out and reassure the people that your stupid administration at LEAST has an eye on things.

Shoulda kept Janet Yellen.
yelling yellen was part of the problem.... too much falseness from the Obama admin

Old 02-06-2018, 09:14 AM

11,296 posts, read 16,584,534 times
Good, bad or indifferent, no one expected the market to continue to rise.

It was only a matter of time. (and yes I would have said the same when Obama was President).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies