Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 07:43 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
So, you did not read the memo.

It plainly said, the investigation where started because Papadopulous spilled the beans to an Australian diplomat.

Carter page, was being investigated for MONTHS before the Steele Dossier was even known about.
Months? Years.

IIRC, Page has been monitored since at leas 2013 when the Intelligence Services picked up Russian agents talking about recruiting Page, referring to him as an "enthusiastic idiot."

I would so love to see a panel discussion with Scaramucci, Carter Page, and Anderson Cooper.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 07:44 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
But back to the topic of this thread.

What FISA warrants were obtained under false pretenses?

Old 02-03-2018, 07:46 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,906,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
But back to the topic of this thread.

What FISA warrants were obtained under false pretenses?
No, not even the memo says that.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:21 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If the FBI top got FISA warrants under false pretenses against a Presidential candate and/or his campaign than how many more people could be a victim of these warrants under false pretenses?

This should be scary stuff for everyone!

IRS targeted Republicans but what if the shoe is in the other foot?

How can anyone think this is ok if it is directed to someone they don't agree with!

As an immigrant coming from a Western European country I always thought I came from what is called one of the good countiwhere hardly or no fraud is committed and the people are informed in a bipartisan way.

Moving over here opened my eyes to see what is really happening over there as there are no multiple channels to form your own opinion! All foreign news comes from CNN and CNN Europe is even more liberal and biased and we were clueless as you just believe what is told in TV and what you read in newspapers.

Reading newspapers in Europe where already comments under articles have been removed as many posters pointed out that facts were not facts but wrong information.

The General news reading takes it in as facts as they have no way to check unless they are open to read more and listen to live reports.

What occurred under the FBI top is disgraceful and shocking and very dangerous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
So much derp. So little said.

I disagree that this should be scary stuff for everyone.

From the perspective of a Democrat, they have already lost everything they can lose (politically) through valid political processes starting in 2010.

Painted into an anti-white, anti-male ideological corner, they have no way forward and don't even have anyone waiting on the bench.

Well, there is a leftover Kennedy who lives in a beech front mansion with a big wall around it, but he's clearly white and privileged.

What can they do with him?

Is this the next millionaire Democrat that's going to tell me I'm privileged because I'm white and male?

Will that restore the blue wall of white male union voters that Democrats told to ****-off decades ago?

Yeah, they know they got nothing, so impeachment, no matter how ridiculous and unfounded the accusations of malfeasance on the part of the Trump campaign might be, is at least dim light around which they can unite.

It's really all they have.

Old 02-03-2018, 10:30 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Does anyone think the Nunes memo was yet another political smoke grenade used to deflect from what the real headlines should be? Why has Trump missed yet another deadline to impose sanctions that are veto proof passed by bipartisan support against Russia for meddling in our election, and why were sanctioned Russian spies meeting with our CIA director? Who authorized the special visa required for them to enter our country? Why was this reported on Russian news media but no statement released to America?

Nunes big nothing burger of a memo? Just that. The only indictments I see coming out of this ridiculous farce is against those who colluded to obstruct justice. I hope Nunes is at the top of the list for Mueller to have a sit down with.

Old 02-03-2018, 10:54 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If the FBI top got FISA warrants under false pretenses against a Presidential candate and/or his campaign than how many more people could be a victim of these warrants under false pretenses?

This should be scary stuff for everyone!

IRS targeted Republicans but what if the shoe is in the other foot?

How can anyone think this is ok if it is directed to someone they don't agree with!

As an immigrant coming from a Western European country I always thought I came from what is called one of the good countiwhere hardly or no fraud is committed and the people are informed in a bipartisan way.

Moving over here opened my eyes to see what is really happening over there as there are no multiple channels to form your own opinion! All foreign news comes from CNN and CNN Europe is even more liberal and biased and we were clueless as you just believe what is told in TV and what you read in newspapers.

Reading newspapers in Europe where already comments under articles have been removed as many posters pointed out that facts were not facts but wrong information.

The General news reading takes it in as facts as they have no way to check unless they are open to read more and listen to live reports.

What occurred under the FBI top is disgraceful and shocking and very dangerous!
Nobody.

Memo proved nothing.

Release the whole document or nothing.

Old 02-03-2018, 11:06 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Basically, this is akin to Trump hiring Alex Jones at Infowars to prepare a dossier on the Democratic nominee in 2020 and getting Jeff Sessions at the DOJ to get a FISA warrant to carry out surveillance on his political opponent. Could you imagine the outrage by the fake media? But, this is exactly what the establishment did to Trump in the 2016 election. Nixon stepped down for far less.

Old 02-03-2018, 11:14 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Basically, this is akin to Trump hiring Alex Jones at Infowars to prepare a dossier on the Democratic nominee in 2020 and getting Jeff Sessions at the DOJ to get a FISA warrant to carry out surveillance on his political opponent. Could you imagine the outrage by the fake media? But, this is exactly what the establishment did to Trump in the 2016 election. Nixon stepped down for far less.
First of all, the surveillence was not on Trump.

But let's say Trump hired Alex Jones (who by the way in NO WAY is a reputable a source as Christopher Steele, but I'll play along) to rut out facts on, say, Huma Abedin. Alex compiles a dossier and it consists of the following:

1. Huma wasn't born in the United States.
2. Huma's child was created on another planet.
3. Huma was the real shooter at Sandy Hook.
4. Huma's husband is a pedophile the sexts teenagers.
5. Huma owns 12 cats.

And so on.

In the meantime, the FBI knows Huma's husband is a creep and they have tons of other information on Anthony Weiner.

They go through and verify Alex Jones' dossier and they find at least one of these statements to be true.

With the info contained in #4 of the dossier plus ALL the other stuff they have on her or her husband, they apply for a FISA warrant.

That is more or less what happened with Page.

Old 02-03-2018, 12:02 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
First of all, the surveillence was not on Trump.

But let's say Trump hired Alex Jones (who by the way in NO WAY is a reputable a source as Christopher Steele, but I'll play along) to rut out facts on, say, Huma Abedin. Alex compiles a dossier and it consists of the following:

1. Huma wasn't born in the United States.
2. Huma's child was created on another planet.
3. Huma was the real shooter at Sandy Hook.
4. Huma's husband is a pedophile the sexts teenagers.
5. Huma owns 12 cats.

And so on.

In the meantime, the FBI knows Huma's husband is a creep and they have tons of other information on Anthony Weiner.

They go through and verify Alex Jones' dossier and they find at least one of these statements to be true.

With the info contained in #4 of the dossier plus ALL the other stuff they have on her or her husband, they apply for a FISA warrant.

That is more or less what happened with Page.
Just to play along, the FISA warrant on Huma Abedin was illegally obtained because Jeff Sesssion's DOJ omitted the fact that the origins of the Dossier was partisan Alex Jones of Infowars. All charges dropped. Case dismissed. Strong rebuke from the Judge.

Final Note: Alex Jones IS ABOUT AS objective as Christopher Steele.

Old 02-03-2018, 12:05 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Just to play along, the FISA warrant on Huma Abedin was illegally obtained because Jeff Sesssion's DOJ omitted the fact that the origins of the Dossier was partisan Alex Jones of Infowars. All charges dropped. Case dismissed.

Final Note: Alex Jones IS ABOUT AS objective as Christopher Steele.
Except that the DOJ in this case did not omit that fact. The Nunes memo would have you believe that but we already have "sources" within the DOJ who were involved with that FISA warrant stating that the warrant request definitely showed the information that the Steele dossier was funded by a political entity doing opposition research but that the FBI had corroborated the facts within it relating to Carter Page. I realize this is just a "source" as yet, but I'm sure that will be confirmed.

If it was not stated that way, and they have know this for more than 2 days, they would have known this for WEEKS now, if not MONTHS, no memo would be needed and charges would have been brought down on the DOJ for the omission.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies