Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 10:35 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times

Advertisements

Sad thing is this has been “trending” on social media all day. “The memo” didn’t even make “trending”. Yeah, that’s zuckerbergs company so what’d ya expect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 10:41 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
makes sense since it is only crumbs liberal leader Nancy Pelosi who is a multi millionaire

Wait a minute, I thought you liked rich people. After all, that is one of the main reasons your side likes Donald Trump, isn't it ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moNKfk3uf-w

Old 02-03-2018, 10:43 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlo View Post
I don't know about you, getting any of my hard earned money back is great! Mebbe we can make some cuts in other places to help cover it. Not send so much money overseas? Create more jobs get more people on the tax rolls?

The rich will be , well.... rich. You gonna storm the castle and take it? Or just vote for someone that will take it at gun point?
The middle class should be the ones who reap in these tax cuts not the rich. But Trump sold you a bill of goods thinking the cuts were actually for the middle class. What will you think when your taxes go up again to pay for his wall.

Old 02-04-2018, 01:29 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Paul Ryan appears to be going off the deep end. Maybe all that bowing and butt-kissing is making him lightheaded?

Paul Ryan mocked by Twitter users over now-deleted tweet celebrating $1.50 pay raise
I watched an interview with Warren Buffet recently, and he said that he will, after the tax changes, be almost $700,000 a year better off.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:06 AM

11,786 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The middle class should be the ones who reap in these tax cuts not the rich. But Trump sold you a bill of goods thinking the cuts were actually for the middle class. What will you think when your taxes go up again to pay for his wall.
If I have to pay additional taxes for a cause I believe in - than so be it. Much better than paying taxes to support those who don't come here legally or choose not to contribute to the system.

Those "crumbs" are better in my pocket and helps offset some of the medical bills we know have due to the ACA. I'm still waiting for the $2500 I was going to save each year due to the ACA - the Dems only owe me about $20,000 that I never received from that promise and that's not chump change!

Old 02-04-2018, 03:52 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Amazing to see how little it takes to buy people off.

I remember reading how Senator Stevens in Alaska was bought with renovations to a cabin that included two decks, a whirlpool, and a garage.

Corruption charges were brought by the justice department under George Bush. Later, it came to light that prosecutors withheld evidence. During Obama's administration, Eric Holder dismissed the indictment and did not proceed with a new trial.

But at the heart of it, Stevens sold his integrity, steered federal funds and provided regulatory assistance to the oil company Veco for cabin renovations.

Not even a new cabin. Renovations on a cabin.

He should have held out for more. Republicans are getting hundreds of millions from the Koch brothers alone for selling our nation out.

Others are bragging about $115 biweekly bribes.

If Ryan is to be believed, always an iffy proposition, but let's go with it.

If Ryan is believed, a schoolteacher was bought off with a Costco card.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 02-04-2018 at 04:34 AM..

Old 02-04-2018, 03:59 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
If I have to pay additional taxes for a cause I believe in - than so be it. Much better than paying taxes to support those who don't come here legally or choose not to contribute to the system.

Those "crumbs" are better in my pocket and helps offset some of the medical bills we know have due to the ACA. I'm still waiting for the $2500 I was going to save each year due to the ACA - the Dems only owe me about $20,000 that I never received from that promise and that's not chump change!
This is exactly what is wrong. They throw "crumbs" at the middle class and some folks will praise them while the corporations and uber rich laugh all the way to the bank. Remember your tax break will expire. The corporate tax will NOT.
Our president is a salesman and he took that mentality to the white house and DC is being run now like a company.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:42 AM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Amazing to see how little it takes to buy people off.
There's a thread somewhere in the forum where the person said they would be thrilled with the tax cut induced perk of a free box of Twinkies !!! each week Hostess is now offering.

I'm a little surprised Trump hasn't conjured up a program offering pretty rocks and colored string as the way forward to making America great again.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:49 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
You forgot you already posted with one of your accounts? Must be hard managing two accounts with the same damn rhetoric.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:50 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Well. Mighty generous of him. Wonder if he knows what a 12 oz cup of bad coffee costs at 7-11? More than $1.50
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies