Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 06:58 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 18 days ago)

27,622 posts, read 16,101,139 times

Advertisements

Even swampost agrees conservatives better looking than ugly d’s
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1e1a859c94b9
Privilege? You betcha baby
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 07:30 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,549,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
That doesn't surprise me.

Quote:
The study shows correlation, not causation, but the researchers float a simple economic explanation for why this might happen. Numerous studies have shown that good-looking people are likely to earn more, and that people who earn more are typically more opposed to redistributive policies, like the progressive taxes and welfare programs favored by the left.

The researchers also offer a more general psychological explanation for the trend: That good-looking people are often treated better than others, and thus see the world as a more just place. Past studies have found that the more attractive people believe themselves to be, the lower their preference for egalitarianism, a value typically associated with the political left.
As a construction worker I've noticed white collar/upper management tend to be taller and better looking. I have no doubt that if I tried hard enough I could get where they are, but I would bet I would have to work harder at it than they do. It's common that taller people are generally looked to as leaders so they tend to get those positions more easily than those equally, or even more qualified for the positions. For people like myself, I just gotta work a bit harder and try to be a bit smarter, there are still opportunities for the taking.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:38 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,514,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Liberals unhealthy?

There aren't many fat people here in San Francisco. Everyone is big on clean eating, mountain biking, skiing, triathlons, bouldering, etc.

Whereas in flyover country, people seem to be much more sedentary and overweight. Much more smoking and drinking too.
And let's not talk about the opiod epidemic in the red states.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:24 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,129,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Would you support welfare programs for less attractive people then? After all, beauty is outside of one's control.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:30 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,028,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
These memes are hilarious, but in reality they are also true of the general population, which studies have confirmed.

Liberals tend to be uglier and more unhealthy both physically and mentally. Many of them are prone to mental illness and depression.

Now the question is, does liberalism lead to mental illness or is liberalism a byproduct of mental illness?
A few facts to melt another right-wing snowflake:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ife_expectancy

Oh, look at that; the blood-red, fully Republican deep south is the least healthy place in the nation, where people die the earliest on average. Big shock.

As for the "looks" argument, older people are more likely to vote Republican, and people do not generally improve in appearance as they age. So, even the claim that "liberals are uglier" is a right-wing lie.

It is sad that the far-right has to stoop to trying to win debates based on the average appearance of liberals vs. conservatives... and then they fail on that level, too. So typical!

Old 02-04-2018, 11:48 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,840,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
These memes are hilarious, but in reality they are also true of the general population, which studies have confirmed.

Liberals tend to be uglier and more unhealthy both physically and mentally. Many of them are prone to mental illness and depression.

Now the question is, does liberalism lead to mental illness or is liberalism a byproduct of mental illness?
Basing someon's entire worth on physical attractiveness is ugly, and that kind of ugly is soul deep.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:53 AM

21,453 posts, read 10,553,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Winner of the dumbest and most biased Post of February. Hey USMC post all the pictures of your girlfriends and call them liberals?
Yeah, this is a stupid thread. There are beautiful and ugly people on both sides, and open or closed minded people on both sides.

Old 02-04-2018, 12:05 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,214,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Yeah, this is a stupid thread. There are beautiful and ugly people on both sides, and open or closed minded people on both sides.
Well, we have no shortage of stupid threads! CD, playground for bored adults....

Old 02-04-2018, 12:46 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,713,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Smart talk from a "smart girl"...

Old 02-04-2018, 12:48 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,713,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
Well, we have no shortage of stupid threads! CD, playground for bored adults....
Does this include you and ME? I'm very retired and kinda on a disability basis so can't do my life as I did before all this...C-D brings me pleasure and I love trying to help with missing pieces to health issues. But there are MANY unevolved people everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies