Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 01:40 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,235 times

Advertisements

The theories in the OP are ridiculous, Is that considered scientific thinking?

First, some geographic clarification. India is located in south asia. Japan, Korea and China are in east asia, I guess you are calling this "asians". There are a lot more countries in asia, indonesia and malaysia in southeast asia, mainly muslims, do you call these "asians"?

The explanation is a lot simpler, western people are more likely to have liberal views; therefore the more likely they are to adopt western culture the more liberal they are. Here is the order from most liberal to conservative. Western countries, then east asia, central asia, and last muslims. Latin america and africa would be somewhere in the middle.

Just to give one example, the issue of gays' right; they have the most rights in western countries, then east asia, then india, and last muslim's countries.
https://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images...ights_full.png
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 01:50 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
The theories in the OP are ridiculous, Is that considered scientific thinking?

First, some geographic clarification. India is located in south asia. Japan, Korea and China are in east asia, I guess you are calling this "asians". There are a lot more countries in asia, indonesia and malaysia in southeast asia, mainly muslims, do you call these "asians"?

The explanation is a lot simpler, western people are more likely to have liberal views; therefore the more likely they are to adopt western culture the more liberal they are. Here is the order from most liberal to conservative. Western countries, then east asia, central asia, and last muslims. Latin america and africa would be somewhere in the middle.

Just to give one example, the issue of gays' right; they have the most rights in western countries, then east asia, then india, and last muslim's countries.
https://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images...ights_full.png
That makes no sense. Asians vote more liberal than American whites because whites are more liberal lol.

No they are voting on identity politics, especially muslims but they are not the topic.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That makes no sense. Asians vote more liberal than American whites because whites are more liberal lol.

No they are voting on identity politics, especially muslims but they are not the topic.
I was talking about about liberal issues as a whole, not which candidate out two pre-selected puppets by the 0.1 % they end up choosing.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I was talking about about liberal issues as a whole, not which candidate out two pre-selected puppets by the 0.1 % they end up choosing.
I know but it makes no sense for Asian Americans to embrace liberal issues for America but not in their homelands outside of identity group motivations. Native whites are less liberal on the issues than immigrants. The West is not liberal per se but more libertarian. It's largely foreign influences making the West liberal.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:40 PM

Quote:
I know but it makes no sense for Asian Americans to embrace liberal issues for America but not in their homelands outside of identity group motivations. Native whites are less liberal on the issues than immigrants. The West is not liberal per se but more libertarian. It's largely foreign influences making the West liberal.
The reason for that I already addressed. Out of the asian countries japan and korea are more likely to adopt western ideas, china is right behind and then the rest of asia. It is those more inclined to western liberal ideas that move to the west. That doesn't mean they as a whole are more liberal than whites.

Edit: Also when you said "The West", you probably meant the u.s., by the west I mean west europe + english speaking countries. In this case the west is not more libertarian.

Last edited by thelogo; 02-04-2018 at 03:51 PM..

Old 02-04-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
The reason for that I already addressed. Out of the asian countries japan and korea are more likely to adopt western ideas, china is right behind and then the rest of asia. It is those more inclined to western liberal ideas that move to the west. That doesn't mean they as a whole are more liberal than whites.
But in America there are plenty of Western conservative ideas to adopt. The majority of Asians reject those and adopt the liberal ones that aren't even all that Western to begin with. The reason for this choice is identity politics.

Old 02-04-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
But in America there are plenty of Western conservative ideas to adopt. The majority of Asians reject those and adopt the liberal ones that aren't even all that Western to begin with. The reason for this choice is identity politics.
If you are arguing that the u.s. is the least liberal country in the west, then I would say you are correct. But the west [from the middle of germany to north america, and australia] are the most liberal regions in the world. To say that liberal ideas come outside this regions is plain thoughtless.

Identity politics is non-sense, that's all I have to say about that.

Old 02-04-2018, 04:32 PM

15,945 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
I think there is a confusing mix up of western, liberal, and conservative ideas.
Most Indian Americans reject American values - the meaning of who and what family is - it includes extended family; personal values - saving and spending, religion, marriage, sex, raising children, education etc.

They adopt American liberal values that they may or may not support back home - affirmative action which they benefit from; female empowerment; immigration, wages, heath care, education - they directly benefit from all of this or their relatives do.

They reject American conservatism which is Christian and theological : against abortion, favoring religious schools over public school, white supremacy. What is in it for them?

Old 02-04-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
If you are arguing that the u.s. is the least liberal country in the west, then I would say you are correct. But the west [from the middle of germany to north america, and australia] are the most liberal regions in the world. To say that liberal ideas come outside this regions is plain thoughtless.

Identity politics is non-sense, that's all I have to say about that.
Neo-Liberalism or liberalism as understood today is a post 1960s political schema. Its origins are not Western but anti-Western. The West was classical liberal or libertarian particularly America. Anyway, that's not here or there.

America has plenty of conservativism leave alone the republican party. Supposedly, Asians are coming from more conservative countries yet adopt liberalism and the democrat party at a higher rate than do native whites. That does not add up no matter how you try to twist it, outside of recognizing it is because of identity politics.

Old 02-04-2018, 04:45 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,029 times
Quote:
What is puzzling? Around 75% of Asian Americans vote Democrat and show liberal leanings when polled just like I mentioned. And this predates Donald Trump by a few decades and many Presidential elections. So DT is a red herring. Donald trump received about the same percentage of the Asian vote as other past Republican nominees. My position is conservatives who would vote for Democrats like Hillary and think Donald Trump is a clown are RINOs or CINOs.

Either Asians are white liberals on the inside or they are a different kind of liberal. Since Asians use to vote Republican in the 1990s, and identity politics began to emerge more after that, I believe Democrat voting Asians are voting on identity politics.
I didn't say DT. I said people like DT.

Every election cycle, the republican party always gives us whacky candidates that scare the hell out of us. For instance, Rick Santorum. Mitt Romney. Guys like these scare the hell out of some of us.

Look, East Asians are for the most part very social conservative. But we think more in terms of self-interest than anything else. When you have whacky candidates like Rick Santorum who's a latent racist against bla... people and nig... and Mitt Romney who obviously has a great disdain for bottom half of the population in terms of economic prosperity, of course we will vote the other side. Why? Because even though today they're going after the blacks, tomorrow they could be going after the asians.

The republican party needs to stop catering to the whacko elements of its party. Ditch the homophobes and racists. Ditch the religious whack-jobs. Ditch them all then we'll talk. In the mean time, most east asians will continue to vote for the side that's less likely to go after us.

Let me bring you in on a little secret. Many of us are very thankful the blacks and hispanics are drawing all the attention. Sure, it doesn't affect us now, but we don't want to get anywhere near when the whacko elements of the republican party start coming after us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies