Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 12:48 PM

12,036 posts, read 6,567,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
This place is full of loony bin GOP shills and mouth-breathing trailer park idiots. These types of threads will continue, and they seem to be welcome.
Good grief -- your profound intellectual and economic superiority to the rest of us is truly impressive!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2018, 12:58 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You don't show respect to someone who hasn't earned it.
He won the Presidency and beat out 16 other candidates in his own Party! The guys and gal that should be smacking their heads are the losers! They are the ones that did not earn the respect of the voters!

Old 02-13-2018, 12:58 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It rubs a lot of people the wrong way when able bodied people abuse public assistance while the rest of us work hard, away from our families, missing holidays, our kids birthdays etc, to take care of our families, even women who get on it because they have kids when there are a lot of mothers out there working. The problem is, many of those people are raised to believe that being on the system is a right and everyone else is responsible for them. Here's an example....

A lady with 15 kids that says someone needs to pay for all my kids, somebody needs to be held accountable and they need to pay.

It’s not the lady with 15 kids that’s making you work long hours. It’s your employer who is making you work long hours. But go ahead, blame the poor black woman for your problems. It’s easier to pick on the weak than the strong.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:59 PM

12,036 posts, read 6,567,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I helped start the police corruption movement. Some posters might have seen me raising awareness on here back in the day.

I watched the MSM and DNC push an entire fraudulent movement (Black Lives Matter) and a completely fraudulent spokesperson (Deray McKesson, a DNC surrogate) at the expense of the Founder of The Movement, police corruption victims, and the people of Ferguson.

I saw the citizens of Ferguson come together, for peace, and for community, and big $$ from that same network (DNC) sabotage everything they did. I saw them sabotage peace treaties to push an LGBT and feminist agenda. As part of that community, it disgusted me.

I used to believe they stood for certain ideals, especially the poor and minorities, at this point it just seems like they exploit people for political capital. I can't vote for 95% of Republicans, but I'm not going back Democrat.

It's Indie for me from here on out.
^^^ this really saddens me to read.
Those of us who've been political activists and seen our work turn into political opportunism by those with power and $$$ (both parties are guilty of this) can so easily become cynical and apathetic.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:02 PM

2,414 posts, read 2,987,138 times
What was your point? Is this just a good-bye post? Good-by then.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:35 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I consider myself a JFK liberal and Reagan conservative. I am the shining example of a Libertarian!! I'm even multiracial! So, I can't hate myself.

I've always believed that both parties were empowered to represent the citizens of the United States. I've always believed that both parties put the country ahead of ideology because their ideology was the same; a greater USA.

For the most part, the first thirty years of my life was blinded by this notion.

This democracy, this Constitutional Republic is under siege by those who would destroy it without so much as a tear. I expect idiots to respond to this and show themselves for what they are. They will do it without even understanding why I made this post. Like post #4 who made my point. I'm not trolling, I'm pointing out facts and calling it quits trying to discuss the obvious. People in here don't give a crap about facts. That's why it isn't worth my time to be here.

I love my country, I question the messengers (who have shown themselves to be liars) and I question the politicians who have shown themselves to be subversive for a price.

This country is under siege, the Trojan Horse has already been pulled within the gates.

A couple months ago I said I was not going to post again, however people asked me to stay. I appreciated that and came back. After just a couple weeks I can no longer lower my IQ trying to reason with the progressive left.

Dumb as bricks mean I'm always trying to reason with bricks.

Just read the responses to this thread. I guarantee the left will hate most of them because they are logical and wise. Logical and wise is poison to them.

I'm done.

God help us all and cheers to all my friends. All the logical and wise.

Signing off
I've never trusted any political party or politician 100%.

Will note that I think its odd you consider yourself a libertarian when you indicated you were a JFK liberal and a Reagan conservative. Neither of them exhibited libertarian views.

IMO many people jump on a libertarian bandwagon and they don't know much, if anything about libertarianism.

Thought this post was rather rant-y.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies