Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 01:36 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I consider myself a JFK liberal and Reagan conservative. I am the shining example of a Libertarian!! I'm even multiracial! So, I can't hate myself.

I've always believed that both parties were empowered to represent the citizens of the United States. I've always believed that both parties put the country ahead of ideology because their ideology was the same; a greater USA.

For the most part, the first thirty years of my life was blinded by this notion.

This democracy, this Constitutional Republic is under siege by those who would destroy it without so much as a tear. I expect idiots to respond to this and show themselves for what they are. They will do it without even understanding why I made this post. Like post #4 who made my point. I'm not trolling, I'm pointing out facts and calling it quits trying to discuss the obvious. People in here don't give a crap about facts. That's why it isn't worth my time to be here.

I love my country, I question the messengers (who have shown themselves to be liars) and I question the politicians who have shown themselves to be subversive for a price.

This country is under siege, the Trojan Horse has already been pulled within the gates.

A couple months ago I said I was not going to post again, however people asked me to stay. I appreciated that and came back. After just a couple weeks I can no longer lower my IQ trying to reason with the progressive left.

Dumb as bricks mean I'm always trying to reason with bricks.

Just read the responses to this thread. I guarantee the left will hate most of them because they are logical and wise. Logical and wise is poison to them.

I'm done.

God help us all and cheers to all my friends. All the logical and wise.

Signing off

I hope that's not true.

We lost Sanrene years ago and that really impacted the forum.

We lost ELORocks for quite awhile, but he came back...that's good, because we need intelligent posters.

Everyone that has been on this forum for any length of time will have been read millions of times.

I'm coming up on 18 million reads.

That's an awesome power and the reason I think it's important that those of us with wisdom to share express our thoughts in a medium that will reach the greatest number of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 01:47 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I hope that's not true.

We lost Sanrene years ago and that really impacted the forum.

We lost ELORocks for quite awhile, but he came back...that's good, because we need intelligent posters.

Everyone that has been on this forum for any length of time will have been read millions of times.

I'm coming up on 18 million reads.

That's an awesome power and the reason I think it's important that those of us with wisdom to share express our thoughts in a medium that will reach the greatest number of people.
Breaking with my intent (for a minute) Thank YOU for this. I'm sorry, I tried to come back after making up my mind to quit this joint.

momonkey, keep the faith that humankind is faithful. The problem is that this place has become just as corrupt as DC.

I'm tired of trying to reason with idiots who deem themselves the "smartest" in the room.

The chance of having a rational conversation has been lost. I can no longer participate in trying to reason with children.

Love all my friends, love you, but I'm done.

If you really want to make a statement... keep pushing this thread up. Even if I'm not here, I hope the message lasts.

Love all my friends, and sadly ,,,bye!

Old 02-04-2018, 02:29 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,013,419 times
Is it just the Democrats? I have lost faith in all politicians, regardless of party affiliation. The party line must be toed, no matter what. Is there no common ground, upon which, like minded elected officials can come together to solve problems for the greater good? Some could but they won't, not if they expect party help, the next time re-election rolls around. It's all about the money, no matter which party they belong to.

Old 02-04-2018, 02:34 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Lol...here we go.

Old 02-04-2018, 02:59 AM

11,778 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Is it just the Democrats? I have lost faith in all politicians, regardless of party affiliation. The party line must be toed, no matter what. Is there no common ground, upon which, like minded elected officials can come together to solve problems for the greater good? Some could but they won't, not if they expect party help, the next time re-election rolls around. It's all about the money, no matter which party they belong to.
Great post! Like the OP - I'm a JFK Democrat but my party has swung so far left that I no longer believe their rhetoric - when Americans are put first and they start fighting for all people - not just a certain color, religious belief of gender - than they may get my vote again.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:07 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
When you look at the Congressional approval polls (https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...roval-903.html) many agree with your assessment. We have had weeks where not even 10% of the public liked our Representatives. So; why is that? As an employer (which we are) would we not question our personal office if we only liked 10% of our employees? Actually I do not think we would be in business too long if only 10% of our employees were doing the job we wanted them to do! By the way; I know that their current approval is up to 16.2% but that is still the bottom of the barrel!

As far as the Democrats loosing my trust; they lost my trust years ago. They turned their backs on American workers. At one time they boasted that only they were the 'true' representation for the working class. Every election I hoped that America would give us the hope of a brighter future. Every election our Representatives turned their backs on the people that voted them into office. I am ashamed to say that I was a Democrat for most of my life. I am the angriest at the Democrats because of their deception. I am angry at myself that it took me so many years to see I was deceived!

Old 02-04-2018, 03:18 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Aren't dramatic exit speeches a violation of the TOS?

Old 02-04-2018, 06:01 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
More important than focusing on democrats is the bidding the mainstream media does to support the hate and fear mongering democrat campaign.

If we had a press and media who did their job and provided perspective and occasionally reference the news archives, the dems revolting behavior would be mitigated and a balanced playing field restored.

When the USAG can falsify a warrant with the president's knowledge, judge shop until he gets the warrant signed, all to spy on journalists, and suffers no legal or ethical consequence, trust becomes a lost cause.

Any journalist ever ask Michelle Obama what she meant when she said we have to rewrite our history in a speech she gave in PR???? Geez, why would that statement catch a journalists ear?

The media has covered for Obama's lies time after time. the media far more than the democrat party is the real problem.

When a majority leader tells the people, 'we have to pass it to find out what is in it" and then the dems pass sweeping legislation without reading or understanding its implications, trust is not the word that comes to mind.

If we have a normal biased media and press, Nancy's spokesperson would say the day after, "Nancy is resting comfortably in the hospital and will resign her office to spend more time with her family'. there is no way a politician can say what she said and keep her elected position if the media did its sacred job of being the people's watchdog.

The democrats and their issues are intentionally made larger than they are to make the public think the entire county supports those issues and those who don't are in the minority.

Who can embrace a political party that endorses hate and fear as a primary strategy to forward their political agenda. A party who endorses diversity and destroys any dissenting voices. A party who embraces terrorists like BLM and is represented by activist judges who ignore the language legal in documents and base their decisions on random comments said years before. No conscious person can embrace such a despotic controlling hateful political party much less trust them.

Last edited by Kracer; 02-04-2018 at 06:53 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 02-04-2018, 06:04 AM

27,560 posts, read 28,652,113 times
I have been weary of the Democrat party ever since Jimmy Carter’s time.

Although I am socially liberal for the most part, I do not trust Democrats when it comes to this nation’s national defense and security. It has been that way for a long time.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:07 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,727,849 times
Democrats lost my trust in 1978.

At least pitiful Jimmy Carter can now be vindicated in the fact his position as worst POTUS ever has been replaced by 0bama.

JFK was the last pro American democrat President.

CN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies