Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 06:13 AM

13,258 posts, read 7,312,118 times

Advertisements

I find it interesting that Latino's are angry that he would attempt to work with Trump to get DACA passed I heard an interview with Roger Rocha he said that he had worked out a deal which could get DACA passed legalize them plus allow them to bring their relatives in exchange for more border security but not exactly a wall. This Man made a lot of sense his own organization just wants to not work with Trump I guess so they can use it to attempt get control of congress in November.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...-trump-n844036

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/02/58285...tion-framework

Trump if he does get immigration passed which everyone can support what will left say about him? Trump reminds me lot of Nixon who did some things that previous presidents could not do like restoring relations with China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 06:45 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
No such thing as Latino. They don’t speak Latin.

Hispanics better be careful or deportation is their future an Trump can make it happen.

Old 02-04-2018, 09:06 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
These greedy ethnocentric pro-illegal organizations don't want to compromise on anything. They think they should get the whole enchilada so to speak. It's tribe before the national interests with them. Well they won't get it and that's that.

Old 02-04-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No such thing as Latino. They don’t speak Latin.

Hispanics better be careful or deportation is their future an Trump can make it happen.

Latino is simply referring to their geographic location and Hispanic is their culture.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:07 AM

13,258 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
These greedy ethnocentric pro-illegal organizations don't want to compromise on anything. They think they should get the whole enchilada so to speak. It's tribe before the national interests with them. Well they won't get it and that's that.
I agree we had this organization LULAC at my employer sometimes I ended up in one of their meetings not by choice they would have some ASU professor who got up on stage and said how basically America stole the southwest from Mexico and they don't even feel they are Americans Arizona should go back to Mexico. He would go on and on how Hispanic population was going to take over because they reproduced more kids in 100 years. In one of these meetings I asked him "How do you know that people in 100-200 years wont just mix races and a new race be here not Hispanic or Caucasian" He didn't know what to say only thing he could come up with he hoped that didn't happen "race mixing" because they would no longer be able to get Affirmative Action advantage I was thinking to myself this guy sounds like he used to belong to the KKK.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:33 AM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
Historically, LULAC wasn't a civil rights organization, nor were they "Latino".

Quote:
Mexican Americans did not object to the segregation of Blacks or challenge the assumptions of White supremacy. On the contrary, they supported strict segregation of Whites and Blacks in the schools and in public facilities. The basis for their claim for social equality was that they were also White...

A group of Mexican Americans, mostly urban and middle class, founded their own organization in 1929 in Corpus Cristi, the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC)...LULAC sought to set the racial record strait. In a 1932 article in the LULAC News titled "Are Texas-Mexicans 'Americans'?" the author asserted that Mexican Americans were "the first white race to inhabit this vast empire of ours." Another member of LULAC boasted that Mexican Americans were "not only a part and parcel but as well the sum and substance of the white race."

As self-constituted Whites, LULAC members considered it "an insult" to be associated with Blacks or other "colored" races. In 1936 a LULAC official deplored the practice of hiring "Negro musicians" to play at Mexican bailes because it led to "illicit relations" between Black men and "ill-informed Mexican girls." He urged fellow LULAC memebers to "tell these Negroes that we are not going to permit our manhood and womanhood to mingle with them on an equal social basis".

Not surprisingly, LULAC turned its back on opportunities to forge ties with the NAACP during its own civil rights battles in the 1940s

Old 02-04-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I agree we had this organization LULAC at my employer sometimes I ended up in one of their meetings not by choice they would have some ASU professor who got up on stage and said how basically America stole the southwest from Mexico and they don't even feel they are Americans Arizona should go back to Mexico. He would go on and on how Hispanic population was going to take over because they reproduced more kids in 100 years. In one of these meetings I asked him "How do you know that people in 100-200 years wont just mix races and a new race be here not Hispanic or Caucasian" He didn't know what to say only thing he could come up with he hoped that didn't happen "race mixing" because they would no longer be able to get Affirmative Action advantage I was thinking to myself this guy sounds like he used to belong to the KKK.
Exactly! These Reconquista types are no different than the KKK. It's all about making our country into a Hispanic majority nation. It's really a cowards way by taking over via illegal immigration and anchor babies. No state was stolen from Mexico. We fought a war and won and Mexico was paid for those southwestern territories. Funny, I don't see the Mexican government complaining about the past just a bunch of whiney peasants who lack the guts to make something out of Mexico.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:42 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Latino is simply referring to their geographic location and Hispanic is their culture.
Location? Latin was spoken in Rome, present day Italy.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:51 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,726,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Historically, LULAC wasn't a civil rights organization, nor were they "Latino".
Considering that Mex-Americans were vastly outnumbered in the 1930s and did not want to be legally segregated like the blacks, is it any wonder that the group wanted to associate with the European ancestry as opposed by o the indigenous? No different than the Anglo’s who go about bragging about their “Cherokee heritage”, but still cling to their whiteness. LULAC was always a civil rights/fraternal organization which advocated for civil rights for Mex-Americans.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
Considering that Mex-Americans were vastly outnumbered in the 1930s and did not want to be legally segregated like the blacks, is it any wonder that the group wanted to associate with the European ancestry as opposed by o the indigenous? No different than the Anglo’s who go about bragging about their “Cherokee heritage”, but still cling to their whiteness. LULAC was always a civil rights/fraternal organization which advocated for civil rights for Mex-Americans.

Maybe so but they are also advocates for Mexicans here illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies