Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you truly trust the goverment?
Yes 3 4.11%
No 47 64.38%
Maybe/sometimes/ it depends 23 31.51%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 10:22 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,216,649 times

Advertisements

I have a lot of trust in our local politicians in Oregon. Ron Wyden, Jeff Merkely and Peter Defazio all seem to be straight shooters. I can't say the same for the White House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 10:27 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
I have a lot of trust in our local politicians in Oregon. Ron Wyden, Jeff Merkely and Peter Defazio all seem to be straight shooters. I can't say the same for the White House.
all democrats?

Old 02-04-2018, 10:31 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,030,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Trump didn't use false propaganda to start wars and keep endless occupations.....Trump isn't the one illegally spying on Americans way before MLK was alive.

Remember the same agencies that have a long history of foul play and illegal stuff.......the FBI still has the name of J Edgar Hoover for the headquarters of the FBI......that should tell you all about the agencies you hold so dearly that they could do no wrong.
Trump is a liar, a fraud, and a tool. Quit defending him if you expect your "concern for America" to be taken seriously.

As for the rest, I never said I "hold intelligence agencies" dear, but I DO trust them more than I trust Trump or his blind, partisan, extremist followers who would sooner destroy the nation than allow justice to be served to their crook in chief.

Funny how the right whines about intelligence agencies spying on Americans now that the Orange King is threatened, but when Snowden brought this up years ago, they said such spying was needed to "protect America!" and wanted Snowden hung as a traitor. Partisan nonsense as usual from the far right - everything is only a problem when their thug in chief is threatened. Hypocrite snowflakes.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:33 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,030,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I find it bizarre that there are two "Yes" answers on this poll. I think they are just goofing on the OP.
Keep in mind the poll didn't originally have "It depends" as a 3rd answer. Otherwise, the choices came across as: "No, I believe partisan lunatic sources more than I believe the government" or "Sometimes, I do trust the government." That's probably where the 2 yes votes came from.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:00 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

That's why I consider most conspiracy theories to be accurate, I wouldnt trust govt if my life depended on it.

Yet when people vote that's exactly what they seem to be saying that they DO trust the government with their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

I find it bizarre that there are two "Yes" answers on this poll. I think they are just goofing on the OP.

Not trying to start something here but trump voters have that loyalty more then any other president I remember being in office. Maybe those are the two who voted yes.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Not on your life, much more mine!

Old 02-04-2018, 10:19 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
I don't trust the government at all because they are bought and paid for because of lobbyists. They would rather line their own pockets and be re elected. So they do what their donors want them to do. I think everyone in this country should have the same healthcare as congress. I also think that if there is a government shutdown congress should not be paid.

Old 02-05-2018, 04:31 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,842,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
How much do you REALLY trust our government to do the right thing and to be honest with the American people?
About as far as I can throw the Capitol Building.

Quote:
Do you believe that they actually have our best interests at heart?
HAHA!! No.

Quote:
Forget party affiliation for a bit do you believe that when push comes to shove that the government will do the right thing when it comes to the people of the U.S?
No. Well sometimes, but by way of dumb luck.

Look, none of them care about us, not in an meaningful way. They absolutely love us in an election year, but that's about it. Not one of them has taken responsibility for anything ever. I've never once seen a politician stand up and say "Wow, I really screwed this up. This one's on me, and I'm going to fix it." For the Democrats, it's always a Republican's fault. For the Republicans, it's always a Democrat's fault. There's no semblance of personal responsibility or accountability in any of them.

Last edited by geekigurl; 02-05-2018 at 04:58 AM..

Old 02-05-2018, 04:41 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,791,571 times
Do you mean our elected representatives or the permanent bureaucrats within the agencies? I trust the elected representatives, at least the ones who haven't been there for decades, not the unelected people within the agencies.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:13 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
I trust President Trump because he is accomplishing what he said he would do . My vote is very validated and very much valued as I am seeing the fruits of what I voted for.

The swamp is Washington and Trump is draining the swamp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies