Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 10:06 AM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times

Advertisements

President Trump will do whatever he wants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 10:07 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Your understanding is wrong. It is limited to collusion.
Once again, you are posting misinformation.

Read that letter appointing the Special Counsel. I've posted it for you numerous times, but here it is again.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...r-special.html

Any matters that come out of the investigation can be investigated and any federal crimes prosecuted.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:50 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,382,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Absolutely agree.

Get the parameters for questions established. Get the questions in writing. Answer the questions in writing. No other way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Are you serious? Any lawyer that advises a client to voluntarily be interviewed by a law enforcement agency should immediately be fired.
There's something called a subpoena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
What would preclude Mueller from issuing a subpoena requiring him to testify - uh nothing!

The fat man is not above the law.
Many would like him to be.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:00 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
My understanding was that the SC could go wherever the investigation took him.

That is what the POTUS is afraid of.
Not quite. They violated the law, which requires a specific crime be stated.

"Go wherever ...it took him?" There has to be a limit. Can he investigate your grandmother?

Here are some facts for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flrixmJVpS8

Old 02-06-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The idea that Trump's bunch of bungling attorneys can outsmart Mueller and 16 of the best prosecuting attorneys in the country is ludicrous on the face of it.
"Bunch of bungling attorneys?" I can assure you that Jay Sekulow is NOT a "bungling attorney," and he CAN outsmart Mueller, who has been shown to be as crooked as the day is long. Mueller's days are numbered, and his career may be at an end too.

One of Mueller's attorneys ruined the lives of many people because of false charges that were later overturned, but not before Arthur Andersen (a respected accounting firm) had been put out of business, and many people lost their jobs. You might want to read up on that case.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:14 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"Bunch of bungling attorneys?" I can assure you that Jay Sekulow is NOT a "bungling attorney," and he CAN outsmart Mueller, who has been shown to be as crooked as the day is long. Mueller's days are numbered, and his career may be at an end too.
What has Mueller done to show he is crooked? Please identify specific acts and provide a link.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
What has Mueller done to show he is crooked? Please identify specific acts and provide a link.
Do your own damn research. You obviously only know what CNN tells you. I've been following this since the beginning. If you're to lazy to do your own research, I'm not going to spoon feed you.

I'll give you one hint: 18 U.S. Code § 242 - Deprivation of rights under color of law

Old 02-06-2018, 11:19 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Quote:

One of Mueller's attorneys ruined the lives of many people because of false charges that were later overturned, but not before Arthur Andersen (a respected accounting firm) had been put out of business, and many people lost their jobs. You might want to read up on that case.
Muller has far more integrity and honesty than anyone on the other side of the ball... Whether that is Jr, Flynn, Manafort, Gates, Papadoupouls or others who are basically paid to lie.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:20 AM

13,943 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Except the difference between you and me is that I make no assumption that he does or does not have Trump's bank records. You, on the other hand, have insisted unequivocally that Mueller does not have Trump's bank records. Clearly Trump is under some level of scrutiny by Mueller and you don't know what he does or does not have.
I never said he didn't have a specific kind or piece of evidence, I said that he didn't have any specific/credible evidence that would indict Trump of a crime. I say that because if he did, he'd have already presented it.

If he has Trump's bank records, and he may very well have every last one...those records most likely don't provide evidence that Trump "colluded" with Russia. If they did, we'd almost certainly already know about it.

Here's the Razor - everyday that goes by, Trump gets stronger and Mueller gets weaker. Simple as that. If Mueller had some sort of damning, no-doubt-about-it, Trump-shall-hang evidence...he'd be the biggest fool ever to have not submitted it yet. The simplest answer then is that no such evidence exists. Bank records prove he's wealthy, but not that he colluded with Russia.

See, collusion, like using federal agencies and lies to illegally wiretap American citizens...leaves a paper trail that can be uncovered even when lots of people are trying to cover it up. Something tells me Team Trump does not have the evidence cover up skills of the entire FBI and DoJ, yet we know what they're up to pretty easily, same for team Clinton and the DNC. Again, the simple answer here is that no evidence of trump's collusion exists, because clearly he ad his folks are dumber than all of team Clinton, the Obama admin, the FBI and the DoJ put together. If such evidence did exist, Trump would have it stuffed inside an issue of Hustler that is lying out on the coffee table or Oval Office desk.

It is not a far logical leap from that point to the historical trend of politically motivated prosecutions/persecutions giving up on real, proper evidence and settling for the perjury/obstruction trap. I just find it difficult to believe that after 18 months, someone as thoroughly detestable as Trump has managed to elude the combined efforts of the entire DC Establishment and Deep State, especially considering how he is widely perceived a being such a complete dolt and ignoramus.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:27 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Do your own damn research. You obviously only know what CNN tells you. I've been following this since the beginning. If you're to lazy to do your own research, I'm not going to spoon feed you.

I'll give you one hint: 18 U.S. Code § 242 - Deprivation of rights under color of law
If you're going to make the claim, you should be able to back it up. Otherwise its just your baseless conjecture. Do you have a link and a list of specific acts or is this just something you have fabricated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies