Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 08:09 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You do know that all those sources lean extremely LEFT? Many get their articles from the same Progressive sources, especially the newspapers. So essentially they are parroting the same talking points, and same perspective.
You sound like my dad, hey Frank is that you??? Lol.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:12 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Remind us again how the President is "dividing" the country? Trump is giving EVERYONE an equal shot at success.
I know this is a rhetorical question, but I'll bite anyway. Donald Trump is purely and simply the great divider, the lover of chaos - it has always been his shtick, long before he even thought about running for President. He is very skilled at manipulating his base as well as the media with these divisive tactics. Not like this is anything new - most demagogues use these methods, sometime to great success. Every authoritarian regime is based on the us-versus-them construct. I've seen 11 Presidents in my lifetime, and there is no question that this is the most divided we've ever seen our country - even more divided than it was in the 60's with the Civil Rights movement and the Vietnam War. This has a lot to do with the fact that communication/information technology of this era allows factions to find one another and to band together in ways that tend to exacerbate the divisions. Hard to say where this will end, but it's just a fantasy to believe that Trump is in any way a "uniter".

Old 02-06-2018, 08:14 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I cut the cable a few months ago because there was nothing to learn from the likes of CNN and MSNBC. Both had turned into a nonstop Trump bashing machine. So I click on this forum and what do I see? Half dozen threads about the stock market "crash." This is Joe Scarborough territory. Hapless people who had been waiting around for a day like this, just couldn't resist jumping on the board and pleasuring themselves. Scanning other threads, they aren't much better. One is beating himself over the head because Trump met some cheerleaders or was clapping for himself. This is passing as controversy.
Were those the only channels you received?

Funny.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:14 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
You sound like my dad, hey Frank is that you??? Lol.
Well thank you sir. I will take that as a compliment.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:18 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I am watching Morning Joe as I key this.

They had some fun with a variety of clips showing Trump taking credit for stock market performance, including his irresponsible and unprecidented prediction it was going to 30,000.

Then the record decline in the DOW was attributed to a correction. Wall Street does not react the same as Main Street to good news. Wage growth creates inflation. Interest rates increase to cool inflation. Rising interest rates creates investment alternatives to the stock market.

By the time FRB gets around to increasing the rate, the impact will likely be baked into the market.

No POTUS has taken so much credit for short term market gains as Trump has. While the market was tanking yesterday, Trump chose to deflect and referred to the lack of Democratic applause during his SOTU address as treasonous. Guess he never watched one of Obama's SOTU addresses where Republican Congress critters sat stone- faced. Just another example of bait and switch.

There have been endless threads on this forum attributing the stock market gains exclusively to Trump ignoring the bull market began in March, 2009. How does one ignore facts, attribute gains to Trump and then deflect when there's a serious correction?
This.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:19 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
damn Trump fans are some whiny folk
Snowflakes need their safe places

Old 02-06-2018, 08:21 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
I cut the cable a few months ago because there was nothing to learn from the likes of CNN and MSNBC. Both had turned into a nonstop Trump bashing machine. So I click on this forum and what do I see? Half dozen threads about the stock market "crash." This is Joe Scarborough territory. Hapless people who had been waiting around for a day like this, just couldn't resist jumping on the board and pleasuring themselves. Scanning other threads, they aren't much better. One is beating himself over the head because Trump met some cheerleaders or was clapping for himself. This is passing as controversy.
Yeah right. You cut your cable because of CNN and MSNBC. How are you going to live without your Fox News?

Besides that, doesn't your remote let you change channels or turn your TV off?

Old 02-06-2018, 08:54 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Yeah right. You cut your cable because of CNN and MSNBC. How are you going to live without your Fox News?

Besides that, doesn't your remote let you change channels or turn your TV off?
Quit making sense. You're ruining the silly agenda of the OP.

I thought this place was turning into stormfront anyway? So hard to keep up.

Old 02-06-2018, 09:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
I cut the cable a few months ago because there was nothing to learn from the likes of CNN and MSNBC. Both had turned into a nonstop Trump bashing machine. So I click on this forum and what do I see? Half dozen threads about the stock market "crash."
It was the largest point drop on record, so I don't blame the news stations reporting it, and CD posters talking about.

You, in the other hand, came here only to complain about what other people are discussing.......

Old 02-06-2018, 10:15 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Lol... Like criticizing Trump is a CityData thing.

If anything, this forum is more even than other places. At least with posters who write comments (not counting lurkers in that).
Seriously ! A "friend" on social media posted about the democrats not applauding the grieving families in Trumps SOTU, And when I expressed how sad and horrified I was the way he exploited them ....I was told I was "obviously one of the elite s and out of touch" then promptly dogpiled by this "friends" friends.....

Who was the firSt POTUS to pack the audience like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies