Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 12:45 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
imagine if Putin tells Obama, I won't give you 1 billion dollars unless you fire the Attorney General who is anti-Russian and Obama does it.

Biden just admitted on video that he bribed the Ukraine government and nobody says a thing.

You have Hillary Clinton on tape admitting she has rigged elections in other countries and is all for it to get the "right" politicians in power......but nobody says a thing.

Russians buy a few ads on Facebook anti-Hillary and all hell breaks loose with the Democrats. Even though they were plenty of interference by other countries in favor of Hillary Clinton.

the Hypocrisy.
A head of state overtly trying to influence another country's domestic policy using soft power is materially different than a government covertly attempting to undermine an election and sow increased dissension amongst a populace using a covert, coordinated campaign using disinformation and exaggeration by having its agent pose as American citizens and spread misinformation.

Its astounding that you don't understand the difference, frankly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 12:46 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
A head of state overtly trying to influence another country's domestic policy using soft power is materially different than a government covertly attempting to undermine an election and sow increased dissension amongst a populace using a covert, coordinated campaign using disinformation and exaggeration by having its agent pose as American citizens and spread misinformation.

Yeah some crappy Facebook ads are really covert and clandestine

Old 02-06-2018, 12:46 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Maybe go start a thread entitled "Foreign countries should feel free interfere and undermine our electoral system because the US has tried to influence regimes in other countries"?

If that's your position feel free to run with it, Pat Patriot.

Foreign countries and foreign powers interfere in our elections all the time....France and U.K. and their media supported Hillary Clinton over Trump with negative press and bias against Trump to influence public opinion. Many countries gave millions of dollars to the Clinton Foundation, you don't think they wanted something in return as Secretary of State and President of the U.S.

the U.S. hasn't "try" to influence other countries and their democracies....they have and still do.

stop being a hypocrite and naive ....but if you feel Russia is confusing you in how to think and who to vote for then that's on you.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:50 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
Quote:
imagine if Putin tells Obama, I won't give you 1 billion dollars unless you fire the Attorney General who is anti-Russian and Obama does it.

Biden just admitted on video that he bribed the Ukraine government and nobody says a thing.

You have Hillary Clinton on tape admitting she has rigged elections in other countries and is all for it to get the "right" politicians in power......but nobody says a thing.

Russians buy a few ads on Facebook anti-Hillary and all hell breaks loose with the Democrats. Even though they were plenty of interference by other countries in favor of Hillary Clinton.

the Hypocrisy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtO1OigwfVs

Hillary had a billion dollar campaign and 99% of the media on her side shilling for her and yet Dems think a few Facebook ads swung the entire election. It's pathetic. The only good news is that it gives Hillary the excuse and encouragement she needs to run again

Old 02-06-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Foreign countries and foreign powers interfere in our elections all the time....France and U.K. and their media supported Hillary Clinton over Trump with negative press and bias against Trump to influence public opinion. Many countries gave millions of dollars to the Clinton Foundation, you don't think they wanted something in return as Secretary of State and President of the U.S.

the U.S. hasn't "try" to influence other countries and their democracies....they have and still do.

stop being a hypocrite and naive ....but if you feel Russia is confusing you in how to think and who to vote for then that's on you.
As I said, you've stated your position quite clearly. You believe that the American security apparatus should not concern itself with Russia's attempts to influence or undermine the election because you equate its efforts to our attempts to use soft power to influence other nation-states.

I'm not naive about that fact (as a matter of fact, I was reading an article in Foreign Affairs about the more effective use of soft power this morning), but I do not believe that we should refrain from trying to prevent foreign powers from meddling in our elections.

You believe it is ok for Russians to meddle in our elections and spread misinformation.
I believe that it is not ok for Russians to meddle in our elections and spread misinformation.

We can agree to disagree.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:

see, you believe the Russian hysteria....... covert, coordinated campaign using disinformation and exaggeration by having its agent pose as American citizens and spread misinformation.? LMAO!!!

Isn't that what our media and government does all the time? you really should take U.S. History because you seemed clueless.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:53 PM

18,563 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
He is not blaming Russians for creating divisions with BLM or the 2nd Amendment, he is pointing out that Russians have used and will continue to use social media to exacerbate those divisions.
This is always such stupid incoherence from The Left. The Left's official position is that everyone is an American, only some of them aren't yet "documented" as such. Why should undocumented Americans in Russia be singled out? Why not point the finger at the truly evil and destructive Americans who run the NYT and NBC?

Old 02-06-2018, 12:54 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,398,802 times
Quote:

If the Republican and Military guard of old, Eisenhower, Marshall, Reagan, MacArthur, etc., could hear how conservatives have now become toads for Russian interference, they would roll over in their graves. All those servicemen who fought and died to fight the Russians over the world would feel they died in vain and for nothing.

Conservatives are no more than buttboys for the Russian Bear.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
This is always such stupid incoherence from The Left. The Left's official position is that everyone is an American, only some of them aren't yet "documented" as such. Why should undocumented Americans in Russia be singled out? Why not point the finger at the truly evil and destructive Americans who run the NYT and NBC?
Wow that's a real stretch. Don't pull a hammy taking those mental leaps.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
As I said, you've stated your position quite clearly. You believe that the American security apparatus should not concern itself with Russia's attempts to influence or undermine the election because you equate its efforts to our attempts to use soft power to influence other nation-states.

I'm not naive about that fact (as a matter of fact, I was reading an article in Foreign Affairs about the more effective use of soft power this morning), but I do not believe that we should refrain from trying to prevent foreign powers from meddling in our elections.

You believe it is ok for Russians to meddle in our elections and spread misinformation.
I believe that it is not ok for Russians to meddle in our elections and spread misinformation.

We can agree to disagree.

I don't believe in the Russian hysteria, you do......I voted in 2016 and nobody influenced my vote......did Russia influenced your vote? if so, how?

Again, our government doesn't have a MORAL ground here when they interfere in other countries and elections in a more direct and obvious ways and you don't have a problem.

you say: "I believe that it is not ok for Russians to meddle in our elections and spread misinformation."........and what do you want to do? go to war with Russia because they put propaganda on Facebook?

We have misinformation all the time and it comes from our American Media and Government but you don't have a problem with that only with Russia.....lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies