Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 01:17 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
LOL you can't be serious. That's just as silly as insinuating we've been led by Russian influence.

A lib... terrified of an AR 15... is going to go to war... with Russia...

Okie dokie.

I've heard it all now...

What a time to be alive...

I was being sarcastic...............................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 01:20 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
are we at war with the Soviet Union? I forgot the Soviet Union doesn't exist.

funny, that for 70 years, the left in our country didn't want to fight the Cold War or communism but now the left does? LOL

are you going to volunteer in the Army when we invade Russia?
Russia is invading us via cyber attacks and undermining our allies throughout the world. We can either sit around like a bunch of putzes or fight back. This does not mean militarily, but economically, cyberly and clandestinely.

The GOP has decided that they would rather ignore the threat. The GOP and their Russian deniers are the new Neville Chamberlains. Useful idiots in the cyber and clandestine war being waged against us.

Putin is laughing and laughing at our ineptitude. Putin has nothing but disdain for Trump and out weakness and fecklessness.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:21 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
so you can't walk and chew gum at the same time.....we can't adressed both because for you Russia is a bigger threat to our liberties? got it!

justified? NO. It didn't influence my vote and the votes of millions of Americans.

prevented? how do you "prevent" information and opinions on the web? .....you want to give our government more power?

I don't mind debating but I do mind the details and the outcome of the Russia hysteria or any hysteria, history always shows it's not good.
I'm sorry, but you just spent the last several posts trying to justify the spread of misinformation by Russians. Your whole turnabout is fair play argument boiled down to "why should we care or stop Russians from attempting to undermine our political system by spreading lies and misinformation throughout our populace? We influence other countries political decisions all the time, so the Russians are completely justified in doing the same to us." As I said a few times, you made your position quite clear in this regard.

I'm not here claiming that Russians caused Trump to win/Clinton to lose or influenced person A or B to change their vote. But their efforts to paralyze the American political system are both well-documented and recognized on a bi-partisan basis. As I said, we can agree to disagree - that's the beauty of the marketplace of ideas. You can think Russian interference and propaganda is hunky dory. I think it is problematic.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:23 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Another hilarious lib talking point. Yes cause everyone was holding hands and singing kumbaya before those pesky Russians interfered in 2016
The hilarious lib talking point killed your thread.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:25 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Hillary had a billion dollar campaign and 99% of the media on her side shilling for her and yet Dems think a few Facebook ads swung the entire election. It's pathetic. The only good news is that it gives Hillary the excuse and encouragement she needs to run again
I don't care about Trump. Didn't vote for the guy. Don't even believe in the concept of the State.

This notion that a foreign government successfully managed to manipulate millions of people to vote for Trump via Facebook ads and Twitter posts is beyond absurd. It's actually embarrassing. I feel sorry for them.

The more insane point is that while I'm sure Russia did try to do whatever it could to benefit itself liberals somehow believe that this isn't done every election by every country on the face of the earth...including the U.S. ...and that this was the first time it was attempted.

Somehow we are to believe that between Obama's last win and Trump's win Russia, acting alone and for the first time, was able to influence enough American voters to swing an entire election. And they did it by putting ads on Facebook and posting on Twitter.

Just read that over a few times. Would you ever say that in person to someone? They'd have you put in an asylum.

Maybe liberals believe everything they see and hear. Someone has to be buying all those penile extension pills and sending Nigerian princes money. I guess it's them.

Again, not a Trump voter but in the words of the man...SAD.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:29 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Maybe go start a thread entitled "Foreign countries should feel free interfere and undermine our electoral system because the US has tried to influence regimes in other countries"?

If that's your position feel free to run with it, Pat Patriot.
It is factual.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:30 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Google, Yahoo, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, Hulu, and Instagram, etc. censor conservative, and libertarian content, so it is highly unlikely they would allow pro Trump anything.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I'm sorry, but you just spent the last several posts trying to justify the spread of misinformation by Russians. Your whole turnabout is fair play argument boiled down to "why should we care or stop Russians from attempting to undermine our political system by spreading lies and misinformation throughout our populace? We influence other countries political decisions all the time, so the Russians are completely justified in doing the same to us." As I said a few times, you made your position quite clear in this regard.

I'm not here claiming that Russians caused Trump to win/Clinton to lose or influenced person A or B to change their vote. But their efforts to paralyze the American political system are both well-documented and recognized on a bi-partisan basis. As I said, we can agree to disagree - that's the beauty of the marketplace of ideas. You can think Russian interference and propaganda is hunky dory. I think it is problematic.

how do you "paralyze" the American political system? that is the definition of hysteria and paranoia.

Don't we have our media and reporters to tell us the "truth" and balance any lies from the evil Russians?

Can you bring me 1 or 2 examples of Russian lies that "undermined" or "paralyzed" our political system to a point to this hysteria?

Last edited by Hellion1999; 02-06-2018 at 01:40 PM..

Old 02-06-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Russia is invading us via cyber attacks and undermining our allies throughout the world. We can either sit around like a bunch of putzes or fight back. This does not mean militarily, but economically, cyberly and clandestinely.

The GOP has decided that they would rather ignore the threat. The GOP and their Russian deniers are the new Neville Chamberlains. Useful idiots in the cyber and clandestine war being waged against us.

Putin is laughing and laughing at our ineptitude. Putin has nothing but disdain for Trump and out weakness and fecklessness.

spoken like a true globalist.

"undermining" our allies? our allies are helpless and can't defend their interests that we need to be in endless wars and endless occupations.

funny, under 8 years of Obama, Democrats didn't have the Russia hysteria.

We have been fighting in endless wars and endless occupations since WW 2. Are u tired of the same propaganda that we need to always be fighting somebody so a few can fill their pockets with government contracts........don't you get it by now?

Old 02-06-2018, 01:46 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post

TreeBeard be like...
Russians are coming!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies