Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2018, 08:00 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
You do know Trump owes the US government for the costs of this and other trips when he turns these events into campaign rallies with statements likes these.

And by the way, the Constitution has a pretty narrow definition of treason, and it doesn't include not clapping and cheering for every inane comment he makes. So to answer his question, no he can't call not standing during his SOTU speech treason, the Constitution says why not.
Love people who cherry pick the constitution. Half the time its called an outdated piece of paper written by old white guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 08:01 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
^
There is a sick obsession with trump from many people like this. I think they secretly like him but are trying daily to convince themselves otherwise. They just can't get him out of their minds!
What does that say about people on the right who can't go a day without bringing up Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama?

Old 02-06-2018, 08:06 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Democrats are in such denial.
Yeah, Democrats are in denial, yet Trump thinks the Nunes staff written partisan "memo" vindicated him.

And he'll keep saying that so the deluded will sooner or later believe it, even thought it did no such thing except prove that the actions of Popadapolous initiated the FBI investigation into the Trump campaign, not the dossier like Trump claims, and that the FBI had 3 previous FISA warrants approved to monitor Cater Page since he and bragged he was very close to people in the Kremlin.

Yeah, you need a denial check.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:06 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,052,966 times
Duckworthless is probably one of the dumbest people in congress. She is nothing but a puppet for the democrats. Her mentor is dick turbin the second dumbest person in congress. Both are useless but great representatives of the left.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:11 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
What does that say about people on the right who can't go a day without bringing up Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama?
I've gone plenty of happy days without thinking about those two. I even disapprove of some things happening under Trump such as the ballooning deficit, potentially out of control military spending, non progressive views on the environment among other things. The majority of things I do approve. But to waste time and act outraged over such a non story like this makes democrats look pathetic. There are plenty of legitimate important topics that should be talked about.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:36 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The incident happened at time 1:49 in the video bellow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E81WXYkTxdE

Perhaps Trump was slightly joking and having fun, but Trump appeared more serious than not.
He did not appear to be joking when he said the Democrats behavior was "un-American".

Both parties do the same thing when the opposite party is in power. It's like he's never seen a SOTU Address. Wait a tick...

Old 02-06-2018, 08:45 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
He was laughing and smiling when he was making that statement. It was a joke. Anyone who watched it knows he was not serious at all. The audience was laughing along too! Give me a break!!!The press is so triggered that they cant even look at it for what it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Trump says very inappropriate things.. however, he was JOKING.. now you can argue a President should not "joke" but that was what he was doing. You can tell by his tone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Is the media serious with this ****? I saw the video, it was clearly a joke but apparently the media thinks they can spin it to us like we're all sheep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Lighten up, it was a joke. Is the word applausing Russian?
Yeah, cuz treason is funny hardy har har

Old 02-06-2018, 08:48 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Nice attempt to cover. Too bad he didn't hold up a winky [ ] emoji or something.

I realize he does have a sense of humor, I appreciate that, but he is also a work of fiction as phony as the day is long. One never knows when he is hosing.

Does he really expect Mexico to pay for the wall ... or does everyone know he's kidding?

Was he really inviting Russia to find Clinton's emails, or was he just horsing around?

Did he really promise “terrific” new healthcare system that would “cover everyone” and offer the lower premiums and deductibles, or was he just pulling our legs?
We shouldn't expect truth from the Liar in Chief. He is like a special project in Psychology class. You are researching to find a possible mental evaluation for him but you can't because you've never seen or heard anything or anyone like it.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:57 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Democrats are totally skewing this story (as usual)

Trump's comment was in regards to issues which are supposed to be nonpartisan... i.e. strength of the economy, low unemployment among AAs, etc. It doesn't matter which side you're on, we, as Americans, all want a strong economy, and for unemployment to be low for everyone.
Well those things are great, but sue me for not cheering like a cheerleader about things that are supposed to happen. What, does he want a cookie?

Old 02-06-2018, 09:27 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
Proud of her. She would be a great leader. She is telling nothing but the truth. Donnie playing golf while dodging the draft.

Not one of his family members ever offered service. Donnie didn't dodge because he disagreed with the war. He dodged because he was an entitled elite whose papa had money, used it to sham the system. Same way he made it through the top schools.
There are many soliders that have fought many wars for years that have put country before political gain.

When my friends and I joined the Army in 97, we had no clue that 4-5 years later we would be part of a war that would be going this long but we took that oath and pledge. Donnie boy is not patrotic. He craves power and money, the root of his evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies