Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump's military parade: yes or no?
Yes. 37 16.37%
No, 170 75.22%
Don't care. 19 8.41%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 01:27 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,849,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so what is wrong with showing some pride in our country? would you say the same thing if obama wanted a military parade?
Why do we need to display in a parade? Seems like another "mine is bigger than yours" play from Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 01:34 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,495,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Who in the h--- would want to watch a military parade? Plant yourself in your lazyboy and watch troops march down Pennsylvania Ave. I'd rather watch paint dry.
I would.

Oogle over the toys they get to play with and salute those in uniform tasked with defending this nation from all threats foreign and domestic. I'd go to one. Not watch one on tv...
Also serves as a morale boost to those in uniform being applauded and cheered on. If you have a problem with appreciating and encouraging those in uniform while showing appreciation and support, I guess that's your right to do so that they would defend with their life.

Some folks can appreciate that sort of thing.
Decorum, display of interesting equipment, discipline, etc.

To others that's either showing off, show of force, Saber rattling, unnecessary, alien, undeserving of appreciation... I'm not of that persuasion though.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:34 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It's ok for France or Japan or Poland or many other countries besides North Korea and Russia to have military parades but it's somehow wrong if US does it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlGb0Z1v-bE
Only if Trump does it, that draft dodging, backstabbing, self indulgent, narcissistic, insecure, dictator wanna-be. He of all people have no standing to have a parade just because he asks for one.

I'm a Vietnam vet with 4 combat tours and I think a military parade for no other reason than Trump wants one is the stupidest idea he's had yet and he's had some doozies. He can give all the reasons he wants for the military show of force in Wash. D.C. but it's all about him, it's all for him and has nothing to do with patriotism, honor or gratitude to the armed forces.
It's all about him telling the military to show public fealty to him and not to the constitution or the nation.
I hope his parade has a lot of horses so that the road in front of his reviewing stand will be festooned with fresh horse ****. It will be a fitting tribute to the man child.

Last edited by mohawkx; 02-07-2018 at 01:44 PM..

Old 02-07-2018, 01:38 PM

4,030 posts, read 2,713,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I would.

Oogle over the toys they get to play with and salute those in uniform tasked with defending this nation from all threats foreign and domestic. I'd go to one. Not watch one on tv...
Also serves as a morale boost to those in uniform being applauded and cheered on. If you have a problem with appreciating and encouraging those in uniform while showing appreciation and support, I guess that's your right to do so that they would defend with their life.

Some folks can appreciate that sort of thing.
Decorum, display of interesting equipment, discipline, etc.

To others that's either showing off, show of force, Saber rattling, unnecessary, alien, undeserving of appreciation... I'm not of that persuasion though.
So sign your name on the dotted line, put on the cammie jammies, and *you* march in the parade then.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:42 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,292,503 times
Quote:
Oogle over the toys they get to play with.
This is the sickest thing I've ever heard.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:43 PM

8,481 posts, read 6,886,522 times
Highlighted at the end as Trump activates the nuclear codes and ballistic missles arch their way across the White House towards North Korea. Oh the glory!

Old 02-07-2018, 01:44 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,075,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so what is wrong with showing some pride in our country? would you say the same thing if obama wanted a military parade?

Parading your hardware down main street is not necessary for a Nation which was the strongest in the world. Have we slipped that much as to need to impress anyone (other than the simpleton)?

Obama was a world class leader, and still is a world class citizen. He would never do something stupid like show off the size of his....well, Donald can't do that if is hands are any indication..... Army just to pretend importance.

People who have money don't flaunt it. Nations which have power don't flaunt it either.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:46 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,091,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Only if Trump does it, that draft dodging, backstabbing, self indulgent, narcissistic, insecure, dictator wanna-be. He of all people have no standing to have a parade just because he asks for one.

I'm a Vietnam vet with 4 combat tours and I think a military parade for no other reason than Trump wants one is the stupidest idea he's had yet and he's had some doozies. He can give all the reasons he wants for the military show of force in Wash. D.C. but it's all about him, it's all for him and has nothing to do with patriotism, honor or gratitude to the armed forces.

I hope his parade has a lot of horses so that the road in front of his reviewing stand will be festooned with fresh horse ****. It will be a fitting tribute to the man child.
You nailed it. A massive display of military force for the glorification of a spoiled rich kid who avoided serving his country in Vietnam due to an ingrown toenail.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:46 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,337,681 times
Quote:
Also serves as a morale boost to those in uniform being applauded and cheered on.
No. It doesn't. Except maybe a few really insecure boneheads ... like the Donald himself.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:48 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,362 times
D.C. Council hits Trump on military parade: 'Giant Tank Parade is cancelled'
BY AVERY ANAPOL - 02/07/18 11:36 AM EST
D.C. Council hits Trump on military parade: 'Giant Tank Parade is cancelled' | TheHill

Quote:
D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser on Wednesday also responded to the idea of the parade saying through a spokeswoman that if Trump wants to hold a parade in D.C., “he will have to pay for it” himself.

Bowser’s spokeswoman said that D.C. officials have not been formally approached about logistics for the proposed parade, which the Post reported could possibly happen around Veteran’s Day.

Well, I guess cooler heads prevailed..

Thank God there was enough advisors to convince CIC that stroking ego will cost his beloved military $$$$$/effort/wasted time to stroke his needs for personal accolades!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies