Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump's military parade: yes or no?
Yes. 37 16.37%
No, 170 75.22%
Don't care. 19 8.41%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 06:08 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Funny how liberals didn't get their panties in a twist and howl for blood when Schumer (D) wanted a parade in 2014. Oh that's right, the left are utter hypocrites.
Lol--not quite. Did you get that from Daily Caller? They aren't really known for telling the truth, you know. Schumer wasn't talking about showing off his 'big missiles' like inferiority-complex laden Trump.

Not even close. The right-wing media are such utter liars.

"...In April 2014, Schumer held a press conference to announce his proposal to hold a parade honoring Afghanistan and Iraq war veterans in New York City's "Canyon of Heroes," which hosted similar parades honoring Korean and Gulf War veterans in the 1990s.

New York City also hosted a victory parade after World War II."

"With the war in Afghanistan winding down, now is the time to keep with longstanding American tradition and kick off a campaign for the first New York City welcome home parade for troops that served in Iraq and Afghanistan," Schumer said in a statement. "In years past, we've honored our troops with a parade along the iconic 'Canyon of Heroes' route and those who served in these post-9/11 wars also deserve a hero's welcome — and New York is the only place to do that."...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2018, 06:10 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Funny how liberals didn't get their panties in a twist and howl for blood when Schumer (D) wanted a parade in 2014. Oh that's right, the left are utter hypocrites.
Does everybody on the right take pride in being devoid of facts?

Old 02-08-2018, 06:13 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,689,820 times
Parades honoring sexual deviance can take place and people get giddy. But a parade honoring and showcasing our military causes the snowflakes to melt and cry in their safe spaces. What a whackamole country we live in. Bring on the tanks, the foot soldiers and armored chariots!!!!

Old 02-08-2018, 06:16 PM

17,793 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Parades honoring sexual deviance can take place and people get giddy. But a parade honoring and showcasing our military causes the snowflakes to melt and cry in their safe spaces. What a whackamole country we live in. Bring on the tanks, the foot soldiers and armored chariots!!!!
Well as long as they don't force the soldiers who have bone spurs to march I'm all for it.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:19 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,290 times
Quote:
When you find a gay pride parade sponsored by the USA, please feel free to criticize. Until then, it's apples and oranges.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:19 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
As former military I say you first. If I were still in the last thing I would want to spend my off hours doing is practicing parade marching. Did that in boot camp and that was enough. You want to honor the military? Here is what you should do. Demand from your congressman and senator that more of the defense budget goes directly to those serving in the form of pay and benefits instead of the enormous waste that goes to defense contractors.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:25 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
1. TomC23
2. Indigo Cardinal
3. Tulemutt (Vietnam)
4. Vacoder
5. MG120
6. Threerun
7. Old Gringo
8. Desertdetroiter
9. JustPassinThru
10. RosieSD's Husband
11. MohawkX
12. ipaper
That's a lot Vets. Thank you Brothers and Sisters. Makes me proud to know you.

Old 02-08-2018, 07:27 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Thumbs up Vetrans opposed to tRump's demand for a military parade

Vetrans opposed to tRump's demand for a military parade

1. TomC23
2. Indigo Cardinal
3. Tulemutt (Vietnam)
4. Vacoder
5. MG120
6. Threerun
7. Old Gringo
8. Desertdetroiter
9. JustPassinThru
10. RosieSD's Husband
11. MohawkX
12. ipaper
13. deckdoc

Old 02-08-2018, 07:54 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Does everybody on the right take pride in being devoid of facts?
They make up their facts to suit their agenda,its called alt reality.
As for this military parade I thought America had more class and didn't need to resort to such vanity to please trumps ego. However if trump wants to play the tin pot dictator role i'm sure his cult will gladly part with their tax dollars to fund it.http://www3.dragndropbuilder.com/upl...88572_orig.png

Old 02-08-2018, 08:43 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
I don’t think gay people are remotely deviant, but when they ask for over 15 million taxpayer dollars for a single parade for absolutely no reason at all, I’ll disagree with them, too.

This parade is not for the troops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies