Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump's military parade: yes or no?
Yes. 37 16.37%
No, 170 75.22%
Don't care. 19 8.41%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 12:17 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times

Advertisements

for a little history, we had a long history of military parades since WW 1 up to WW 2 and it kinda died down during the Vietnam War when the left hated our veterans and military and spit on them.....it came back during the Reagan Years and after the first Gulf War.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...ies-and-stuff/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2018, 12:23 AM

2,294 posts, read 2,660,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
nobody polled me and the thousands of veterans that I know in my reserved unit.....
I don't believe for one minute that you are in the military.

The "thousands of veterans" in your "reserved unit?"

Am I the only one here who thinks this is odd?

Look, the "Russian bots" on this forum may or may not be a thing, but I served, and I don't know of anyone in the military who would talk like this.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:28 AM

1,991 posts, read 900,039 times
Quote:
nobody polled me and the thousands of veterans that I know in my reserved unit.....so don't tell me to get over it...you have your OPINION and I have mine.

to honor our military and servicemen like we used to do after WW 1 and WW 2 is like what a dictator does?

I didn't know you were so ashamed of your service.
Knox, I had the same thought.

"Thousands of veterans in your reserved unit" ... Yeah OK, carry on.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
I don't believe for one minute that you are in the military.

The "thousands of veterans" in your "reserved unit?"

Am I the only one here who thinks this is odd?

Look, the "Russian bots" on this forum may or may not be a thing, but I served, and I don't know of anyone in the military who would talk like this.

Really? the military is about tradition and you show your ignorance by ignoring our long tradition of military parades in this country since way before WW 1. I tried to educate you with links but you want to stay ignorant then that's on you.

How much you want to bet? I'm a Navy veteran. I was a sub-hunter on the P-3 Orion Squadron during the end of the cold war. Message me in private so I can show you my I.D. and DD-214 and take your money, make it worthwhile.

Russian bots? LOL

Old 02-09-2018, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
Knox, I had the same thought.

"Thousands of veterans in your reserved unit" ... Yeah OK, carry on.

^^^^ another boy scout puke questioning my service..... this gets better by the post.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:37 AM

one more time you boy scouts pc warriors.....a link with pictures:

we have so called "veterans" here and they ignore the fact that our military is all about tradition from rules, regulations and ceremonies.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...ies-and-stuff/

Old 02-09-2018, 12:39 AM

5,790 posts, read 3,598,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so what is wrong with showing some pride in our country? would you say the same thing if obama wanted a military parade?
Pride in what? Being the planet's badass? For its time Sparta was even more badass, but it still $ucked. No ideas of how to actually better themselves or discover new ways to make the world a less bad place. Nor any ideas in general that stand the test of time. All Sparta had were good soldiers and generals, and nothing else. They may have won their wars, but lost their respect with future historians. Just as "man shall not live by bread alone", so nations do not survive on strength alone. Prussia avoided this trap for a few centuries, but even it , by way of 20th century Germany, met it's end. Today's Germans are actually embarrassed by their old Prussian military tradition.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:41 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Quote:
Iran and North Korea is not the same thing...........we do it to honor our veterans and our military not to show off to the world. We could care less what the world thinks of our veterans and our military.

We have parades in this country for just about anything from Gay Pride parades, ethnic groups and just about anything. I don't mind having a military parade to honor our veterans if it's done right and professionally (done by the military)

I love going to the graduation day of recruits from the Navy, Marines, Army and Air Force and their ceremonies. It's an honor.
And we have parades all across this nation on Veterans Day, not to mention innumerable services and recognitions on Memorial Day.

I'm all for Victory Parades. I'm all against a parade 'just cause' someone wants to flex his ego more.

So no this veteran thinks it's a stupid idea.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:46 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
We have thousands of parades in this country from Gay Pride parade, Puerto Rican Parade, Cinco de Mayo parade (another country), Liberal women marches with their pu$$y hats and all of the parades that the left likes and promotes every year.

Trump suggest a parade to honor our Veterans and military and the left goes wild.
Have you not noticed that many of the comments in this thread against having the parade have been made by veterans? I think that our military personnel should have some say in exactly how they are honored.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Today's Germans are actually embarrassed by their old Prussian military tradition.

I think letting the Nazis take control of their country and lose WW 2 and all the war crimes they committed has a lot to do with that.

After WW 2, the victors took over their country and pretty much militarily castrated them and created a culture of blame on them....We did the same thing to Japan in a way.

Like they say, the victors of wars write the history and set the agenda to the people they conquer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies