Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 08:45 PM

37,164 posts, read 19,170,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
So you don't wonder why Trump won't sign a bill to enforce a sanctions against Russia, the country that interfered with our elections? Only that Congress has the option to override his veto?

If inventors throughout history had the level of curiosity you display, we'd still be living in caves.
I well understand why he won't sign the bill. Putin has his hooks in him, and is quite possibly blackmailing him, if you believe any or all of the independent accounts.

Trump is caught in the middle. He can't lift the existing sanctions because of Congress, and he can't impose new ones because of Putin. I don't imagine Donnie sleeps very much any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 09:01 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I well understand why he won't sign the bill. Putin has his hooks in him, and is quite possibly blackmailing him, if you believe any or all of the independent accounts.

Trump is caught in the middle. He can't lift the existing sanctions because of Congress, and he can't impose new ones because of Putin. I don't imagine Donnie sleeps very much any more.
That's why Trump won't release his financial records either. There is a Russian trail as long as Florida in those records. Putin has something strong on Donnie boy.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:10 AM

37,164 posts, read 19,170,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
That's why Trump won't release his financial records either. There is a Russian trail as long as Florida in those records. Putin has something strong on Donnie boy.
He doesn't have to any more. I saw an article today that Mueller has them already. If I'm not mistaken, it said Mueller has both his business records and his tax returns.

When Donnie got in trouble and American banks wouldn't talk to him any more, he cast around looking for a cash infusion. He eventually got the money through Deutschebank, where Putin is a big depositor. If Trump didn't have something of value for collateral, he may have needed someone to cosign to get a loan.

That's where the plot thickens, with Trump Tower condos being sold above market value for cash and dmoney moving in numbered accounts through the Bank of Cyprus. It's way too complicated to understand everything that happened if you are not a banker or an investigator and don't have the records to study, but it may be interesting what Bobby finds in the Deutschebank records he requested and received.

I can almost guarantee Donnie isn't going to get bored before Summer gets here.

Old 02-07-2018, 06:06 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,103,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I would just pull a Democrat trait and either say I don't recall or always take the 5th.

Worked well for Obamaites.

Seriously, in light of the rampant amnesia the GOP has shown the last few decades, you're going with that?

Wow.

Old 02-07-2018, 07:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
I didnt know it was optional to ignore Congress.

The only time any person is forced to do anything they don't want to is when incarcerated or in bondage to another.

What you say, will never be used to help you.

Old 02-07-2018, 08:00 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I would just pull a Democrat trait and either say I don't recall or always take the 5th.

Worked well for Obamaites.

HINT: Reagan was not a Democrat.

Old 02-07-2018, 08:04 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,234,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
I didnt know it was optional to ignore Congress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
If a law isn't enforced, is it a crime?
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It's not an option.

The Constitution granted the powers of contempt to only two entities; Congress and the Courts.

It's a formidable power that was once only the right of Kings. It's the only legal power to imprison that carries no fixed penalty, and can be applied instantly. If a Congressional committee declares a witness is in contempt, the Justice Department is compelled to arrest him, using Federal Marshals, and the person goes straight to jail.

And then he stays there until he decides to cooperate. And then, he has to appeal to be freed to testify. Congress' power can deny his appeal, and they can leave him in prison for as long as they want before setting him free to testify.

In our past, for some who defied this power, the result was a lifetime sentence behind bars. Or, in one instance, a lifetime banishment to a deserted off-shore island within our oceanic boundaries.

I would love to watch Bannon try it though... he's supposed to be quite the military historian. He should already know what his fate could be, as those lifetime sentences were all handed down by joint military/congressional tribunals.

Jeff Sessions can't help him if he does; no one can, even the President.
My God! You guys clearly didn’t pay any attention during Hillary’s congressional hearings.

Yes, you can ignore a subpoena from congress. And yes, you can get away with it.

We all saw it two years ago. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if that is where Bannon got the idea from.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:23 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,091,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
My God! You guys clearly didn’t pay any attention during Hillary’s congressional hearings.

Yes, you can ignore a subpoena from congress. And yes, you can get away with it.

We all saw it two years ago. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if that is where Bannon got the idea from.
Lets also not forget that Hillary destroyed emails that were under subpoena, and got away with it.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:30 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,234,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Lets also not forget that Hillary destroyed emails that were under subpoena, and got away with it.
Something that none of us could ever get away with. Then her excuse was that a subordinate deleted them by accident. Anyone else would be in jail.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:28 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Former White House adviser Steve Bannon reportedly does not intend to testify before the House Intelligence committee

just say No.....lol
Worked for lois lerner and Hillary's IT guy.

Immunity was handed out like candy to those testifying about Hillary.

Head of VA feigned memory loss, oh so did Hillary who claimed that 50 something times. But who is counting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies