Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 02:29 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Trump's Chief of Staff Kelly called this scumbag a "man of true integrity and honor" after the allegations and pictures went public. Is there a single decent human being working in the Trump White House?

"John Kelly, Chief of Staff, commented:* 'Rob Porter is a man of true integrity and honor, and I can't say enough good things about him. He is a friend, a confidante and a trusted professional. I am proud to serve alongside him.'"

Ex-wife of Trump aide Rob Porter tells of abusive marriage | Daily Mail Online
Kelly's actions disturb me more every day. I used to think he was the adult in the room. Why is he defending this?

Old 02-07-2018, 02:31 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Kelly's actions disturb me more every day. I used to think he was the adult in the room. Why is he defending this?
He's trying to out-toddler the Toddler-in-Chief. And doing a damn fine job of it, too!

Old 02-07-2018, 02:51 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
This article from the DailyMail has a lot of details about Porter's first two wives.

Hope Hicks' boyfriend Rob Porter resigns after abuse claim | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 02-07-2018 at 03:24 PM..

Old 02-07-2018, 02:57 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Making a snarky sarcastic thread off of a women's pain of being physically abused is immature and evil hearted to say the least!
Not as evil as protecting the abuser.

Old 02-07-2018, 03:08 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,039 times
Quote:
Making a snarky sarcastic thread off of a women's pain of being physically abused is immature and evil hearted to say the least!
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Hiring the man who physically abused women into a high level position in the White House even knowing that he abused two former wives is even worse, wouldn't you say? Plus having the President's Chief of Staff describe this abuser as "a man of true integrity and honor" also beats out a discussion forum thread as far as evil heartedness goes.

Or it is only liberals pointing out the hypocrisy and utterly inappropriate decisions made by this administration that you have a problem with, rather than the actual objectionable behavior? Don't bother to answer that, I already know.
Oh just cut it out Emm74
Tit for tat is getting sickening.

This man so far allegedly beat and choked this women,
Stop with the drama and Trump blaming.

What about this poor women???!!!!

So many want to get up on their soap box any chance they can get to twist things and blame Trump.
So much, you put it before this lady and what she has and will go thru.

I cannot believe the mods have left this thread open for the womens sake.

Old 02-07-2018, 03:10 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,392 times
Quote:
I’m no longer shocked by Kelly. I was excited when he was first appointed but when he told that lie on the rep from Fla I was done. Yeah she was over the top, no doubt but he told a bold face lie even though there was video evidence refuting it.

Old 02-07-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Oh just cut it out Emm74
Tit for tat is getting sickening.

This man so far allegedly beat and choked this women,
Stop with the drama and Trump blaming.

What about this poor women???!!!!

So many want to get up on their soap box any chance they can get to twist things and blame Trump.
So much, you put it before this lady and what she has and will go thru.

I cannot believe the mods have left this thread open for the womens sake.
Stop with your sanctimonious crap. Trump & co knew about these allegations and were perfectly happy to hire him and let him handle classified material even though he had no security clearance due to his actions. Kelly was still out there today calling him a man of integrity and asking him not to resign. It's YOUR boys who are complicit in this man's actions.

Old 02-07-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
I’m no longer shocked by Kelly. I was excited when he was first appointed but when he told that lie on the rep from Fla I was done. Yeah she was over the top, no doubt but he told a bold face lie even though there was video evidence refuting it.
Yep. Then we had him saying the US should accept between 0 and 1 refugees. And that dreamers are too lazy to get off their asses. And now defending a domestic abuser.

Old 02-07-2018, 03:13 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
White House staff secretary resigns amid abuse allegations | TheHill

The Daily Mail is reporting he beat up his two ex-wives. He's also supposedly dating Hope Hicks now.

Only the best...
And Hope Hicks was involved in crafting his defense. What kind of woman not only defends a wife beater, but dates him?

https://twitter.com/JDiamond1/status/961348834860429312

Old 02-07-2018, 03:14 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Who's gonna work for trump??? Who????? Losers, wife-beaters. And all these losers will have a tough time getting hired again. Used to be, a WH stint on your resume' was a BFD. Now it's an embarrassment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies