Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 05:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,562 times

Advertisements

Do you feel it's accurate? I think so, a perfect example is all the men that complain about women being anything other than a 50s housewife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 05:22 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdeere View Post
Do you feel it's accurate? I think so, a perfect example is all the men that complain about women being anything other than a 50s housewife.
No not accurate. Women are toxic. Nothing else crushes your soul faster than a whiny, entitlement minded woman.

Old 02-07-2018, 05:34 PM

4,030 posts, read 2,715,223 times
I don't know that the example you provided feels accurate to me.

I look on it more like this: You have two children, one of whom is two years older than the other. And maybe for a long time, the older child got privileges that the younger one didn't--later bedtimes, more TV watching, such as that.

But then the children are, say, 15 and 13, and the parents don't see much need for 'different privileges' anymore. So now the kids get the same exact treatment--same bedtime, same access to TV, same access to computer, video games, hanging out with friends....

...and the 15 year old throws a fit because his two-year-younger brother is getting the same exact privileges as he is, but fails to realize that he himself *didn't lose any of his own privileges*. He might have to compromise on some stuff--for example, if his brother used to have to go to bed at 9, but he got to stay up until 10 and played video games for that hour his brother was in bed, but now his brother can also stay up til 10 and play video games, then they have to work out something that's fair (we'll say for the sake of arguments there's only one computer they can play games on, so they can't play together at the same time.) The 15 year old still gets to stay up til 10. That didn't change. He still has permission to play games. That didn't change. But now he has to work out something with a person who also has permission to play the games, and wants a turn to do so.

My two cents.

Old 02-07-2018, 05:39 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times
Poor example OP. Can anyone explain why so many feminists and SJW, ass-ume that all men want some bubble headed meek and mousy little thing who is incapable of anything besides being a submissive servant!

Old 02-07-2018, 05:58 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
I'd imagine that slobbering trust fund baby Joe Kennedy III, now the spokesman for the Democrat Party would feel this way.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:32 PM

21,121 posts, read 19,707,707 times
It was a privilege for housewives in the 50s to be able to stay at home and for families to be able to live comfortably on a single income. I don’t feel oppressed in any way that mothers are in the workplace, but I do feel it is unfortunate that they have to work or feel they have to work to be “equal” to men.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:59 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Not accurate because I never had a 50s style housewife. And it wouldn't be a privilege it would be a standard. But if it was a privilege, then I guess that makes me unprivileged.

Old 02-07-2018, 11:04 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
It was a privilege for housewives in the 50s to be able to stay at home and for families to be able to live comfortably on a single income. I don’t feel oppressed in any way that mothers are in the workplace, but I do feel it is unfortunate that they have to work or feel they have to work to be “equal” to men.
Exactly. They only feel oppressed because they can't stay at home like their own mothers were able to do. Meanwhile, both sexes earn less, because employers got more labor when women were kicked out of the homes and into the workforce, so they got basically double the amount of employees for far less than double the cost. Great deal for employers - bad deal for moms, dads, and kids.

Old 02-07-2018, 11:06 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,350,826 times
OP is "Forgottenwoes", back trolling under another name. She just started an identical thread in the Parenting Forum to one she did under her previous name back in June 2016...guilt for the way she treated her widowed father after her mother died of breast cancer, shoplifting arrests, etc. Her posts under "Forgottenwoes" on the Political and Parenting forums have been removed.

She picked fights, taking a militant feminist stance. This new thread is typical and more of same is sure to follow.

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 02-07-2018 at 11:20 PM..

Old 02-07-2018, 11:07 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,848 times
In the 50s, my mom was married young, worked as a teacher, (but no kids then), and so had the same burdens that working women today have, EXCEPT she wasn't privileged with special treatment like affirmative action so she could get jobs that she wasn't qualified for, or free birth control, or the ability to simply accuse a man of harassment and make a lot of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies