Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 07:30 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Leave it to New York.

Yep, there is a proposed bill that would force companies to change the look of detergent pods to make them look less tasty.

Because it's apparently too difficult to raise children that aren't complete morons.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ets/312766002/
This issue was raised long before the Tide pod challenge and teen agers. It's unbelievable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 07:36 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
When I was growing up anything potentially poisonous would have a skull and cross bones.

You do not see that symbol anymore on packages.

You know why?

Because they were magnets for children who associated the products with pirates.

There is absolutely nothing wrong to enact legislation that protects our youngest citizens.

That conservatives would put the bottom line over the health of children is no surprise as that is the way they roll whether it is poisons or pollutants: Profits trump lives.

Old 02-07-2018, 07:41 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
The article stated the concern is children and teens taking the Tide challenge.

Do you honestly think an additional wrapper and the absence of bright color is going to stop the Tide challenge from occurring? You're dreaming.

Old 02-07-2018, 07:42 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You're not actually falling...there are people from c-d lying in wait to knock you on your @!!.
You statists are a violent bunch. Could be right.

On a lighter note here's a funny list of real warning labels. No word if they manufacturer did it on their own accord or daddy government told them to do it...

13 Strange Signs And Unnecessary Warning Labels - Neatorama

Old 02-07-2018, 07:43 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
When the Tide pods first came out there was a big brouhaha overe the pods because so many infants/toddlers/small children consumed them thinking they were candy. That's why there's the whole commercial of Tide telling parents to be careful with their kids and the child proof lids.

I suspect that's where the teen pod challenge started.

I can't imagine raising a teen ager stupid enough to eat a Tide pod on some dare. So thankful my kids weren't that crazy.

Old 02-07-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The article stated the concern is children and teens taking the Tide challenge.

Do you honestly think an additional wrapper and the absence of bright color is going to stop the Tide challenge from occurring? You're dreaming.
As far as teens go I know when I was that age and told I couldn't do something that pretty much meant I was going to try it.

Old 02-07-2018, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
When I was growing up anything potentially poisonous would have a skull and cross bones.

You do not see that symbol anymore on packages.

You know why?

Because they were magnets for children who associated the products with pirates.

There is absolutely nothing wrong to enact legislation that protects our youngest citizens.

That conservatives would put the bottom line over the health of children is no surprise as that is the way they roll whether it is poisons or pollutants: Profits trump lives.
#Pirates_Lives_Matter

Old 02-07-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
As far as teens go I know when I was that age and told I couldn't do something that pretty much meant I was going to try it.
Exactly. And I don't foresee anyone saying, 'Bro, I'm not messing with that extra wrapper and putting it in my mouth if it doesn't have orange and blue in it.'

Come on. And I wasn't kidding - nobody uses safety latches anymore? How stupid are people?

Old 02-07-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You statists are a violent bunch. Could be right.

On a lighter note here's a funny list of real warning labels. No word if they manufacturer did it on their own accord or daddy government told them to do it...

13 Strange Signs And Unnecessary Warning Labels - Neatorama

LOL - love the dog RX instructions.

This reminds me of the highchair we had for our kids that had a customer service number on the bottom of the seat, along with the warning - Caution: do not turn over while child is seated.

Old 02-07-2018, 07:51 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
1. Tide pods do not look like candy.

2. I have a firm belief that we should remove warning labels from most products and let the idiots die.

3. This bill exists because teenagers have been eating detergent.
Be a real man. To hell with the tide pod challenge.

Wood chipper challenge.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies