Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2018, 11:44 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Fragile is like Cathy Newman

"Given the current frenzied #MeToo climate and the ease with which one can now destroy another's career with groundless accusations, I feel it's no longer wise to spend time in a business setting alone with another woman."

"So you're saying you're a rapist?"
What they aren't understanding is that if you make someone "uncomfortable" even accidentally, that can lead to a conversation with HR or even just not wanting to make another person feel bad even if they don't tell anyone and nobody wants that.

As I have many young women that I'm related to or have helped raise I occasionally hear the same stories many of you have. Some pervy creep making passes at them or the old lech that follows them around work (My one good friend had a full-fledged man-living-in-van stalker My sister had a customer turn stalker as well.)

As such, you need to be aware that many young ladies have most certainly been harassed and you don't want to possibly be near any grey area and make them feel that yet another creepy older guy is hitting on them.

I guess putting yourself in others shoes and showing a little empathy is a concept that some other posters are completely unfamiliar with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Well when the posters who are making paranoid & uber hysterical posts about this are all known cons, what would you deduce?
I deduce that they aren't all known cons and that you noticed a few were and out of partisan inclinations locked on to this being a conservative thing. I mean seriously, look at the rants and ravings about getting cons out of the gene poll etc. You're going to tell me you don't have such a hatred of cons that it doesn't blind you and others. (Oh and vice-versa too....we know the cons lose their minds over everything liberal.)

Tell you what, you, Ringo and the Sac all go find an employed friend that is middle aged dude working in corporate America that you know and ask them if it's a good idea for a middle aged manager type to invite a young worker or intern up to their hotel room to work on a project or if they should meet in the lobby etc. instead.

IF you don't have any employed friends that fit that bill. Then ask a young lady how she would feel if her boss invited her to his hotel room to work on a project. Be sure to call her names if she shows any hesitation though.

Old 02-09-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What to deduce? They work for a living, and corporate HR and legal departments have been very clear about the risks.
Yep. You can clearly tell who hasn't had to take annual sexual harassment training at a corporation. I wonder about some of the posters here and their employment history....like maybe they haven't been in the workforce for 30 years or ran a small business etc. where they were insulated from todays environment.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:00 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
If some man wants to risk his livelihood and reputation he can.

I fail to see the motivation to do it but different people may have some.

Diversity !!! How you like me now ?
I have my one-on-one sessions with my male manager with the door open. If I have something sensitive to discuss with him, I bring in my laptop and use a Skype chat session to talk to the person sitting 3 feet away so people don't hear what's being said.

No, seriously.

About 95% of what we say to each other can be said with the door open.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:11 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I deduce that they aren't all known cons and that you noticed a few were and out of partisan inclinations locked on to this being a conservative thing. I mean seriously, look at the rants and ravings about getting cons out of the gene poll etc. You're going to tell me you don't have such a hatred of cons that it doesn't blind you and others. (Oh and vice-versa too....we know the cons lose their minds over everything liberal.)

Tell you what, you, Ringo and the Sac all go find an employed friend that is middle aged dude working in corporate America that you know and ask them if it's a good idea for a middle aged manager type to invite a young worker or intern up to their hotel room to work on a project or if they should meet in the lobby etc. instead.

IF you don't have any employed friends that fit that bill. Then ask a young lady how she would feel if her boss invited her to his hotel room to work on a project. Be sure to call her names if she shows any hesitation though.
I have no idea what you're going on about. It's not hard to be respectful to women. It appears by the overly paranoid & outlandish remarks on this thread that many men do find it difficult.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yep. You can clearly tell who hasn't had to take annual sexual harassment training at a corporation. I wonder about some of the posters here and their employment history....like maybe they haven't been in the workforce for 30 years or ran a small business etc. where they were insulated from todays environment.
I wish I were retired. Alas, I've still got quite a few years before that happens. And I've been working since I was 14.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:29 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
I have no idea what you're going on about. It's not hard to be respectful to women. It appears by the overly paranoid & outlandish remarks on this thread that many men do find it difficult.
Until you admit that there are women out there, many of them, that will lie about this stuff for some type of gain your remarks are irrelevant. It isn't about men not being able to control themselves, it's about men protecting themselves. It's taught in every sexual harassment training session in the workplace nowadays. BOTH men and women need to protect themselves.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Until you admit that there are women out there, many of them, that will lie about this stuff for some type of gain your remarks are irrelevant. It isn't about men not being able to control themselves, it's about men protecting themselves. It's taught in every sexual harassment training session in the workplace nowadays. BOTH men and women need to protect themselves.
I never said no woman has done that. Give me a break.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:33 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
I never said no woman has done that. Give me a break.
Then stop slobbering all over yourself with the paranoia schtick and move on.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Then stop slobbering all over yourself with the paranoia schtick and move on.
Sorry, you don't get to tell me what to post. As I've said, it's not hard to know how to treat a woman, unless of course one is a social misfit or one is a serial molester/harasser/rapist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies